Well done ZK and lesson for selectors

Great comeback by Zaheer Khan to indian colours on this tour. He has been one of the few positives from this tour so far :wtg: He looks leaner, fitter and grooved. Also lesson for selectors. A year ago he rightly got axed, his attitude was awful, he was out of shape and more interested in his restaurant. Many wanted him dropped, me included. He was out for over a year and realised only way to get back was hard work and performances. He did that and has got the reward. We should not be scared to drop non performers whose attitude stink. They need a kick up the backside some of these players. Sehwag seems a classic case. However, they should not be forgotten. Thus if they go away, work hard and put in the performances, they should be recalled, especially if in the right age bracket of 24 to 29. Thats why glad to see Gambhir recalled as I believe he has worked hard, improved and put in good performances. Well done Zaheer your hard work has paid of and earnt you the reward.

Re: Well done ZK and lesson for selectors

We should not be scared to drop non performers whose attitude stink. However, they should not be forgotten.
That for me is the key drop them but dont forget them. The way zaheer is bowling now it seems surprising that he was out of the team for so long. But then he was droped for all the right reasons.

Re: Well done ZK and lesson for selectors Really impressed with Zak. I gave him a lot of flak before he got discarded and he deserved it back then. Have to give credit to him that he didn't moan and put in lots of hard work in Ranji and then in County Cricket. Has been our best bowler by a mile. Really hope he blasts the Saffie lineup in the tests.

Re: Well done ZK and lesson for selectors zak easily looks the most penerative from both sides.... there is no one is SA who looks impressive at the moment.... most of their wkts are freebies gifted by us.... we bowl as fast as them.... ntini was clocking 143 and Aggy was clocking 141.... Sree touched 140 and high 130s and so was nel... polly and pathan weere same pace..... hall and kallis are mid 130s and so is munaf.... we definitely made it look like we were facing the terrific windies quartet....

Re: Well done ZK and lesson for selectors I reserve my judgement till tests are over and till he performs more than one series Indian Pacers flatter to deceive Zaheer is doing a decent job on wickets and conditions that are helpful ala NZ .. The death spell of third one day stinks .... No yorkers, no slower balls and no bouncers yet to become a good one day bowler

Re: Well done ZK and lesson for selectors

The death spell of third one day stinks .... No yorkers' date=' no slower balls and no bouncers yet to become a good one day bowler[/quote'] So what ? He makes up for it with all those early breakthroughs. Did you see how he owned Smith in the ODI's ? He is a top class ODI bowler when in form.