Fletcher Resigns

Inevitable! -------------------------------------------------------- Duncan Fletcher has resigned as England's coach and will leave his post after their World Cup campaign is completed on Saturday. Peter Moores, the ECB National Academy director, is expected to take temporary charge. Fletcher informed the ECB on April 10, the day before England's match against Bangladesh, that he would be handing in his notice at the end of the World Cup. John Carr, ECB director of cricket operations, said they met at Fletcher's request, but explained it was important to keep the news confidential while England were still trying to qualify for the semi-finals. In a statement the ECB said: "The ECB would like to formally put on record our thanks to Duncan Fletcher," and praised his "rigorous planning and excellent coaching skills." Fletcher himself said: "I always said I would review my position of head coach this winter. I feel it's in the team's best interests over the long term that I should move on and seek a different challenge elsewhere. My record as coach is one in which I can take great pride." He revealed he'd spoken to the ECB about his position before the match against Bangladesh.

Re: Fletcher Resigns

Reached dizzy heights after ashes victory in 2005 and now is in abysmal pits. Good decision to resign . He lost respect of his Players and England were playing as a divided team in this WC. Time to drop that passenger Vaughn and make Flintoff captain again.
Flintoff is almost a passenger as well now! He cant be called all rounder anymore, his batting has been dreadful for well over a year now!

Re: Fletcher Resigns

Reached dizzy heights after ashes victory in 2005 and now is in abysmal pits. Good decision to resign . He lost respect of his Players and England were playing as a divided team in this WC. Time to drop that passenger Vaughn and make Flintoff captain again.
Flintoff is almost a passenger as well now! He cant be called all rounder anymore, his batting has been dreadful for well over a year now!
I think Flintoff lost focus once he was stripped of captaincy. He did okay as a bowler in this WC. It's not his fault if the top order sucked.