Narendra Modi elected Gujarat cricket chief

Sachinism

Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday took over the reins of the Gujarat Cricket Asssociation (GCA) from Congress after he was elected as its President in the Annual General Meeting of the body. "At the AGM held at the Motera stadium here, Modi was elected the President while Gujarat Minister of state for Home Amit Shah was elected vice president of GCA," sources in the GCA said. With this win in GCA, Modi is set to enter cricket administration like other politicians including former BCCI chief Sharad Pawar and his own party leader Arun Jaitely, who is currently heading Delhi and District Cricket Association. GCA was till now controlled by Congress leader Narhari Amin. But Modi's Home Minister Amit Shah was engaged in long drawn political as well as legal battle with Amin group for the last one and half year for the control of the cash rich GCA. Recently, the BJP had managed to win over the Central Board of Cricket of Ahmedabad (CBCA) which is a part of GCA from the Congress group, after which Amin had resigned. This declaration comes a day after the BJP swept the Assembly by-polls in the state by winning five seats out of seven. http://cricketnext.in.com/news/narendra-modi-elected-gujarat-cricket-chief/43901-13.html

how are these politicians like Lalu ' date=' Sharad Pawar and NM going to help in development of cricket. :dontknow:[/quote'] The same way they have helped their respective states developed :dontknow: :P

I dont think state cricket chief holds much importance. Arun Jaitley is the state cricket chief of Delhi and Veeru openly challenged him and the whole Delhi cricket association by warning to quite the Delhi team if the management did not work properly. Most of the Delhi players also revolted along with Veeru. So, I dont think the state cricket management has much power over players. Anyways congrats to Modi and hope that he helps in the improvement of cricket in the state.

I dont think state cricket chief holds much importance. Arun Jaitley is the state cricket chief of Delhi and Veeru openly challenged him and the whole Delhi cricket association by warning to quite the Delhi team if the management did not work properly. Most of the Delhi players also revolted along with Veeru. So, I dont think the state cricket management has much power over players. Anyways congrats to Modi and hope that he helps in the improvement of cricket in the state.
They listen to the stars to keep the job and harass the non-stars. They are in for the money and nothing else. I dont see why someone who wanted to become a PM few years ago is all of a sudden more interested in Kirkit (Im talking about Sharad Pawar)...:hmmm: