Indian team for the 1st test match

I have been quite impressed with Zaheer in this series so far so Zaheer, Munaf and Sreesanth would make up a fairly potent attack. but i have a few questions 1-Would you have Pathan in the team? 2-How is Dravid doing? Will he be fit and if not then who'll replace him? 3- Should India consider playing Kartik over Dhoni(i know this will get some extreme reactions)?

Re: Indian team for the 1st test match KKD, ma man mus play as a batsman..... he has adjusted to the bounce.... and he has given 1 good innings and 1 decent start in this series.... he needs mroe chances as a batsman.... dhoni has not done much wrong.... he blasted the SA pacers in his 50 last match..... we are jus used to expecting dhoni to score a 140+....

Re: Indian team for the 1st test match

y is the best opener from asia after Gavaskar and currently the best opener after haydos not opening in ur team....
Desperate to play Gambhir, did not want to shift Dravid and Sachin from 3 and 4 so put him 5. Thought it may do him good to go in middle order. However, can see your point and was really not happy to put him 5, but gonna go with it. I want the best batters in team no matter what number they are

isnt it better to make Sehwag open and push gambhir into the middle order and ease him better.... cos man for man' date=' sehwag in opening is definitely better than gambhir in opening.....[/quote'] Yes that can be argued, maybe put Gambhir 5. I am sure GG won't mind he will be desperate to play. However we all know gangs is gonna play :roll:

Re: Indian team for the 1st test match If Dravid is fit, this would be my lineup: Sehwag Jaffer Dravid Tendulkar Ganguly Laxman Dhoni Sreesanth Munaf Kumble Zaheer Looks an excellent bowling attack on paper and with Dhoni coming in at 7, our batting looks awesome! Ganguly and Tendulkar from the looks of it will be walking wickets.

Guest dada_rocks

No way should KD be in test team. He scores 30 odd and everyone goes nuts. He has talent, lets not wreck him. If he plays its as keeper. Dhoni is no1 for moment
exactly the same 20/20 masala match score of others let us say dada means nothing:-) KD is beter than raina/kaif and that's not saying much .. kid needs to do more than 20-30.. replaing dhoni will take some doing not happening anytime soon

Re: Indian team for the 1st test match Ok let's examine the team then 1- Sehwag: He can play the bouncing ball and has done well against Shoiab and lee so there is no doubt that he has the ability just needs to get his form back. 2- Jaffer...Could be a bit shaky 3- Dravid...Class 4- Tendulkar....Out of form in tests but off course he has the ability. 5- Laxman.....Definately has the ability ( runs in AUS is a prime example) 6- Ganguly/Kartik....Shaky 7- Dhoni....As discussed in the other thread he is a good player of pace and bounce 8- SreeSanth....Love his attitude and i think he has the ability to serve IND for a long time. 9- M Patel....Good young talent but i don't like the L and L strategy. 10 Kumble....His 'away' performance has improved a lot in the last 5 years. 11 Zaheer.....Bowling very well and should trouble the S Africans in the tests too. So final verdict: Class is there but form is not so hopefully the boys will be able to get a good score in the last ODI and the warm up game.

Re: Indian team for the 1st test match Interestingly - 8 of the likely starting 11 vs SAf played (and lost) the first test in England all of 5 years ago. Sehwag Jaffer Dravid Tendulkar Ganguly Laxman Dhoni Sreesanth Munaf Kumble Zaheer For Sree, Munaf and MSD read Nehra, Aggy and Ratra in 02 Average age of that side now about 30. Not great is it really Youd think that by now a country like ours would have produced a few good enough young cricketers...

Re: Indian team for the 1st test match produced is differnet from groomed, Sooda.... we didnt groom the right people... BBy now, Venu should have been identified as Gang's replacement and should have played all the tests since gangs wass dropped.....