" One more attack and the response will be swift and decisve" - P. Chidambaram

patriot

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/india-not-convinced-pak-acting-on-2611-chidambaram/102332-3-p1.html
Rajdeep Sardesai: A reader on IBNLive asks if India faces another 26/11-like attack, planned and executed from Pakistan, what will India's response be? P Chidambaram: I can't say more than what I have said repeatedly: our response will be swift and decisive.
Will the Congress govt walk the talk ?

A NewYork times report http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/world/asia/30mumbai.html?hp

KARACHI, Pakistan — Ten months after the devastating attacks in Mumbai by Pakistan-based militants, the group behind the assault remains largely intact and determined to strike India again, according to current and former members of the group, Lashkar-e-Taiba, and intelligence officials. Despite pledges from Pakistan to dismantle militant groups operating on its soil, and the arrest of a handful of operatives, Lashkar has persisted, even flourished, since 10 recruits killed 163 people in a rampage through Mumbai, India’s financial capital, last November.

P_K - you forgot the horrific serial Mumbai local train blasts that killed hundreds. Well everytime we are geared up for a military response we are met with nuclear blackmail - as you would expect from a rogue country that survives on American and Saudi dole and has nothing to lose. The only thing that can stop this is neutralizing and disabling thier nuclear facilities. US can do this by force - their troops already have a massive presence there. God forbid we are attacked again - I would'nt be least surprised if nothing is done about it.

I don't think war is a solution here. The solution is better intelligence' date=' better and stronger law enforcement, economic isolation of Pakistan (which should not be too difficult for India) should be the right way.[/quote'] I would strongly disagree. We are not talking about a full scale war here but some credible action on the ground and the pakis are fully aware of the consequences both militarily and economically if they escalate it into a full scale war, like we saw in kargil... The days of non violence adhering shudh Indian netas like Morarji desai are long over. We have been sitting on our bums doing nothing while the enemy is trying every new tactic to bleed us. There has not been a single year without any kind of terrorist attack on Indian soil..

I say attack Pakistan and then end this once and for all instead of all this BS. Instead of wasting loads money on our defense every year make a highly planned and aggressive attack and then end this forever. I can almost guarantee that US would also say nothing as they are also pissed off with the Paki arses. :winky2:

we will swiftly and decisively blame it on "cross border terrorism".
Yeah and some sabre rattling with troop deployments on the border (that too old school, WWI style deployment instead of surgical strikes - are we going to fight a 3-4 years long trench warfare?!?!) Some poor souls like Major Unnikrishnan and innocent people will sacrifice their lives, local politicians will play games with the sentiments, NDA-BJP will slam each other, and then everything will be forgotten - people will be back to watching IPL 3 and Rakhi Sawant's next BS show on tv. * Sickening *

This is the same politically correct congress which didn't give death penalty for Afzal guru. This is the same congress that's still bouncing around on giving the death penalty to Kasab (he's not even sentenced yet) who killed our top 3 officers in the country and hundreds more innocent people who were shot with clear intent to kill -- fearing Maharashtra elections. And they want me to believe that I can trust them to take "swift" action the next time around?