Sachin should announce his retirement...

in 2015..:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: PS: This thread is in :protest: to people calling for Rahul Dravid to retire. I'm neither a staunch supporter or RD or a hater of SRT. For me both have done great things for Indian cricket and both will know when to retire. We are nobody to tell them or even discuss when they should retire...So lets leave RD alone. When he decides its enough, he'll step aside and announce his retirement. He is a gentleman and he know when to do, how to do it.. It will be good if people stop talking about their retirements and instead enjoy whatever is left in them...

I agree that RD should start consider retiring. It's different from Sachin's case as Sachin has a regular place in the team in both formats. Rather I think when the selectors sit down to discuss team, they first set Sachin aside without any debate. Unlike that, Dravid has been dropped from the team several times and is clearly not struggling to get a regular place in the team. For a player of his stature, he should retire IMO.

in 2015..:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: PS: This thread is in :protest: to people calling for Rahul Dravid to retire. I'm neither a staunch supporter or RD or a hater of SRT. For me both have done great things for Indian cricket and both will know when to retire. We are nobody to tell them or even discuss when they should retire...So lets leave RD alone. When he decides its enough, he'll step aside and announce his retirement. He is a gentleman and he know when to do, how to do it.. It will be good if people stop talking about their retirements and instead enjoy whatever is left in them...
1.) Misleading Thread Title, looks like you pu$$ied out at the last moment from your original stance (i.e. taking a dig at SRT) fearing a backlash from the worshippers. 2.) The only part of your post I agree with is, about it being upto Dravid as to when to retire, he is a selfless cricketer and has been a Legend of the Game. If he wants himself to be made available for ODI selection so be it. We all know he is better than most of the chumps in the Team right now, but can't get in there coz there are other aspects to ODI cricket, where Dravid is withering away with age. 3.) If your OP was about "Dravid not retiring", why was there a need to drag SRT in the topic, was totally unnecessary.

my stance is that dinakkar or shane or domainK need not tell RD or SRT when to retire. they will do it when they realize they are ready... dint RD step down from captaincy on his own... but if sme ppl think its worth starting a thread to discuss when RD shud retire, then why not SRT.. i'm saying he can retire after 2015... :dontknow:

@ OP Why don't you make that point in that thread itself, If someone acts stupid, does it mean you need to act as an epitome of stupidity? As I said you have a very valid point in the OP, but needless provocation would do your cause only harm of making your point.

boy don't make me choke you out for even thinking about Sachin retiring. You hear me? :rtfm:
my stance is that dinakkar or shane or domainK need not tell RD or SRT when to retire. they will do it when they realize they are ready... dint RD step down from captaincy on his own... but if sme ppl think its worth starting a thread to discuss when RD shud retire, then why not SRT.. i'm saying he can retire after 2015... :dontknow:
Nobody's telling Dravid to retire. This is a forum and members express their opinions here. However, it's reasonable to expect members to back their opinions with reason. And if you disagree, you can counter argue to make your point. That's what forums are for. This thread is childish and a big :fail: