Ex-players to boycott Pak coaching job

Ex-players to boycott Pak coaching job PTI Saturday, April 28, 2007 16:43 IST KARACHI: Miffed with the Pakistan Cricket Board?s decision to advertise for the coach?s vacancy, former captains Javed Miandad, Intikhab Alam and Rashid Latif have decided not to apply for the job and have also called on other national greats to boycott the process. ?I don?t understand what they are trying to do. This is a technical post and should be filled by a proper selection process. The board should not be allowing everyone to apply for it on the website. I don?t think I have served Pakistan cricket for so long to now get into line for this job,? Miandad said. The PCB have brought out an advertisement to invite applications for the job left vacant by the death of Bob Woolmer during the World Cup. Miandad, who has served as coach for three separate terms, said the conditions kept for applicants showed the board was only interested in hiring a foreign coach. Alam was also unhappy with the conditions and said the Board was turning the process into a joke. He called on the PCB to take a cue from their Indian counterparts in dealing with the situation. ?The Indian Board has constituted a committee to look into the credentials of prospective candidates and than take a decision. We should have done the same thing. I think a person?s background, cricketing and coaching experience in practical terms and his man management skills should be the main criteria for selecting the national team coach,? he said. Latif echoed the sentiments and said by advertising for the post on websites, the PCB was clearly more interested in appointing another foreign coach. ?Our former players should not really bother by applying for this position,? he added. The PCB has virtually ruled out a number of its former Test greats as contenders for the national team coach position as it has asked for candidates with an England and Wales Cricket Board level three coaching course or an equivalent degree. Several Pakistani former greats Haroon Rasheed, Jalaluddin, Aaqib Javed, who have the documentary qualifications, in the fray. When asked if the PCB would consider dropping the coaching degree condition if some former greats wanted to apply, a senior official of the Board said, ?The condition can only be relaxed if the ad-hoc committee decides to do so.? However, he insisted that the condition has not been kept to rule out local candidates. ?We had no such intention. The fact is nowadays a coaching degree is considered very important in modern day cricket and helps in man management and other drills,? he said.

Re: Ex-players to boycott Pak coaching job

Miffed with the Pakistan Cricket Board?s decision to advertise for the coach?s vacancy, former captains Javed Miandad, Intikhab Alam and Rashid Latif have decided not to apply for the job and have also called on other national greats to boycott the process. ?I don?t understand what they are trying to do. This is a technical post and should be filled by a proper selection process. The board should not be allowing everyone to apply for it on the website. I don?t think I have served Pakistan cricket for so long to now get into line for this job,? Miandad said.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: MP you may want to fill in the application and send your resume :flux: