This summers England tour...

How do we think we will fare? Bearing in mind that Vaughans back- he's still a class test bat and a good captain, Trescothick seems ready, Jones is fit (ish) and should have played enough cricket by then to have found some rhythm and Haramison is in form again I can see us being 0/2 in most innings. It all comes down, yet again, to the middle order. It will be interesting to see Santh and Munaf in England though they should cause Eng some problems. Overall- I dont rate our chances.. your thoughts on a post...

Re: This summers England tour... For once I may be supporting India and still wishing that an opponent player does good. I shall be whole heaterdly rooting for Simon Jones. Man was he awesome in 2005 Ashes!! If he rediscovers the same form India can kiss all its chances goodbye. I say at this time Tests for England, LOI for India.

Re: This summers England tour... I remember watching Jones on debut vs IND @ Lords back in '02, and boy did he look awesome. Such a great action, hit the deck very hard and he hit a few lusty blows with the bat as well which had Flintoff doing splits in the stands. I thought he had the potential to become an all-rounder at the time. It will be great to see him back against IND, now that he is the finished article. Personally, i don't fancy IND's chances at all given the vulnerability of the aging Indian batting lineup. Here is to hoping that a few of the hopefuls on the Banglastani tour, ie; big mouth Manoj - take their chance and cement their place in the middle order for that tour. This will be Tendulkar's final test series should he f*ck up again (at least, i am hoping it will be) and i am quite apprehensive about Dravid's poor form of late. This tour will prove to be a big challenge for him and only a run-scoring spree will quell the public back home.

Re: This summers England tour... Dont know about India's chances, but i wanna see atleast one youngster establish himself at the test level in this series. I wont read anything into our possible victories in Bangladesh. This series should and will be last chance for SRT to nail his critics. If he flops & squeaks again, we wont see him don Indian colors until the next set of youngsters expend their rope facking up their chances.