Who cares about ODIs anyway?... Look forward to the Lanka Tests here

Sooda

The Indian team is one which is very in tune with their priorities. ODIs are a dying format, we know that and hence dont really care. Tests is what matter SO India vs Lanka Ahmedabad on Nov 16th What does the pitch normally play like? Two spinners?? Should there be any changes to the batting? Zaheer and Ishant? Who should be in the squad aside from the first choice? Predictions? What IS the meaning of life? So many questions... Answers on a postcard.

The Indian team is one which is very in tune with their priorities. ODIs are a dying format, we know that and hence dont really care. Tests is what matter SO India vs Lanka Ahmedabad on Nov 16th What does the pitch normally play like? Two spinners?? Should there be any changes to the batting? Zaheer and Ishant? Who should be in the squad aside from the first choice? Predictions? What IS the meaning of life? So many questions... Answers on a postcard.
yea rite
ODIs are a dying format, we know that and hence dont really care.
Speak for yourself. Funny how "we" weren't saying ODI sucks a day ago. Much like England embraced the death of ODI's after 1-6, some of us here are going to say ODI sucks as well, just because we aren't good at it. ODI's are here to stay. The kind of intensity generated in close ODI cannot be generated in T20. They'll see loss of interest in nations that don't go good in ODI's, but a series win 2 years later will bring back that interest | and this here is the first chapter you'll learn in Economics 101.

Ghanta. I like ODIs the most. I am only pissed off and nothing else. I left watching cricket for a few months after getting pissed off after dismal performance in WC T20. Now I am pissed off again and maybe I wont watch the Lanka series. Anyways we have defeated Lankas 3-4 times in the last one or two years. Not interested in defeating them once more. I was really interested in this Aus series.

I don't think it's a case of not caring about ODI cricket. It's that we are playing too much of it and not enough Test cricket. Our last test match was in New Zealand and ir was a long time ago. We've had several home and away series that have been ODI only. It gets tiring after a while - even when we win. These ODI series really do become meaningless. The problem is ODI and T20 matches bring in the money for the BCCI as they have packed stadiums. Hardly anyone watched the 2008 Ind-Aus test series even though we walloped them. In 2009 we will only have played 5 tests - that is simply ridiculous. The BCCI was planning for 2 IPLs in a year at one point. I got sick of T20 with just one this year. When we go knocked out of the T20 WC, I really didn't care as I'd just watched 50 odd T20 matches in the IPL and it was just too much.

I was only joking with the 'lets not care' thing. Was just pissed off at losing so badly ODIs matter loads, but we miss test criciket, tis been a while. As you say MB too many meaningless ones, the tour to WI for instance. Even this one could have been 5 matches.

I don't think ODIs are a dying format, and even if they were, we're not exactly setting the world alight in 20/20, other than that randomly un-Indian performance in the 2007 World 20/20... That said, yes, we need to build on our recent Test successes, and get up there, and that should be the priority over the shorter formats...