Warne's most expensive 1fer

Gambit

Re: Warne's most expensive 1fer

The kind of round the wicket defensive stuff Warne was bowling most of the day yesterday is what separates him from Murali.
Thanks mate. At least someone echoed similar sentiments. Warnie for all the wickets he has is very defensive. He didn't want to flight to Pietersen or Collingwood, bowled flat, came around the wicket and for sometime I thought he had no confidence he would be able to pick up a wicket. Once these two departed started to give the ball more flight but once Giles and Freddi showed some aggression he started to bowl quicker through the air again. Wonder whatever happened to his re-discovery of the zooters? :hic: I did mention prior to the start of the series Warnie's talk about some mystery ball was similar to Saqlain's theesra claim prior India visited Pak in 2004 and Harbhajan's never ending discovery of new armour. Warnie is a great bowler but there is also a lot of hype that goes with it. Compare that to Murali or Anil Kumble. There is no prior tour hyping themselves up talk, post tour talk but just straight forward results. Now Warnie is almost required to explain his non-performance thanks to all the hype and talk prior to the series. This one reminds me of his cheap shot at Murali prior visiting Bangladesh. We all know what happened then :hic:

Re: Warne's most expensive 1fer

The kind of round the wicket defensive stuff Warne was bowling most of the day yesterday is what separates him from Murali.
and also tht he bowls with a straight arm while murali chucks.... :wall:
IIRC, we had a looooonggggg discussion on ex-ICF and you agreed he does not chuck, merely bowls with a bent elbow which is well within the laws of the game.