When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI?

I would like to know considering the recent events are turned into BCCI vs the players by the media. Performance related payments, no payments for the last 7 months, irresponsible cricket board, insipid selectors, non performing players, issuing show cause notices to players have all been discussed in detail already and we know there is fair bit of animosity between players and board officials. The board officials are making a lot of noise at this point in time but how about the players? Why are players not speaking against these allegations? Is it because they know their words won't be treated with respect now that they have been performing very badly consistently? Is it because they are worried about their future and not Indian cricket? Is it because they care about their selection in the team more than the shambles in the team? Why do the players want the media to fight their battle? Can't they fight their own battle if they reckon BCCI is not functioning well enough? I remember the players were united just before the World Cup 2003 with regards to ICC clashing with their respective sponsors' interests. Why aren't they doing it now? Do you guys reckon the players would have taken all this lightly if they had say gone on to reach the finals in the 2007 world cup? I think the players are very soft right now for a reason. They know they can do nothing about BCCI considering they are all guilty of not performing well enough when it mattered. Recent look at the results says it all. What has someone like Ganguly or Tendulkar to lose if they spoke against BCCI? Will that cost them a series or two? Why should they care really? I know for sure however great a player is, they want to make as much as possible during their playing days. You may reckon they are selfish but that is something that can't be changed in any individual. Very few players are content and call it a day or take on the officials. The players are worried about their careers and they are not strong enough to take on officials as they know the officials are there to stay while the players are not. The players need favours from the officials post retirement if they have to make a career out of cricket. A lot rides on the players and their contracts. The agents hype the players up with the media and grab those offers from all corners. The players are obliged to tag along and keep trying to find that golden form or just hang in there. That doesn't mean they don't want to do well but these situations stop them from taking on the inept board official or an influential board member. They just brush away these useless office bearers' words and get along with their lives. I know for sure smart cricketers use the media to put forward their opinions. Unfortunately the media is no better and buys only sensational news. They have to make their moolah when they can also you see. It could also be said that this particular team lacks unity and courage. Gone are the days when the seniors were united in their cause. I remember Anil, Srinath, Rahul, Ganguly, Tendulkar and the rest moving in collectively against ICC's gag on certain sponsors citing ambush marketing. Similarly no such voice is raised against BCCI this time around. From any angle you peek, you can't find a sure culprit or an innocent. Everyone's just a pawn in a game. The only medicine is of course the sports itself. Once the players are on the ground they forget all this fuss and put in their best. Their best sometimes is not good enough but when they do come up trumps they feel it's all worth it, this struggle. The best way forward is of course the start of the new season. Nothing less, nothing more.

Re: When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI? Is it because they know their words won't be treated with respect now that they have been performing very badly consistently? --------yes Is it because they are worried about their future and not Indian cricket? --------------are worried about their future ....yes Is it because they care about their selection in the team more than the shambles in the team? -----------Yes...at any cost . It could also be said that this particular team lacks unity and courage. ....Yes...half the team backs ganguly because it means their place is secure......the others are not sure if rahul is capable of being the rebel that they need him to be.Going a bit OT.....I think this issue of payments and contract will be a greater challenge to dravids captaincy than the on field activity.If he doesn't come through on this issue...then the loyalties might shift to the destabilizer camp..... Why do the players want the media to fight their battle? ....yes...firstly because it is the done thing...everyone is doing it including their bosses .Secondly because the media is more than ready to do it for them. I agree players are soft target right now and want to avoid looking like they are confronting the BCCI because they don't have public support .

Re: When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI? Radhika, you shouldn't be writing all this on a public forum. It might be a matter of life and death. You never know. That wicked mafioso runt might have one of his chamchas tracking you. Apna khayal rakhna. I also hope bechara sant mahatama Dravid has adequate security. You never know when SRT might take out a supari in Dravid's name.

Re: When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI? Players are under a gag order. They can't talk openly. I am sure they are discussing their concerns privately amongst themselves and with the board.

Re: When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI?

Radhika' date=' you shouldn't be writing all this on a public forum. It might be a matter of life and death. You never know. That wicked mafioso runt might have one of his chamchas tracking you. Apna khayal rakhna. I also hope bechara sant mahatama Dravid has adequate security. You never know when SRT might take out a supari in Dravid's name.[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Who's watching too many movies

Payments for the last 7 months for a job they never did ? :hic:
it should go to charity or may be local boards.. :eew: BCCI does not deserve this money either..

Radhika' date=' you shouldn't be writing all this on a public forum. It might be a matter of life and death. You never know. That wicked mafioso runt might have one of his chamchas tracking you. Apna khayal rakhna. I also hope bechara sant mahatama Dravid has adequate security. You never know when SRT might take out a supari in Dravid's name.[/quote'] :phone: Thanks for the tip off informer gambo.... Hum kush hain tumse ...yeh lo...aish karo :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :ninja:(peter) :shotgun: (kaalia).hain mere paas....worry not! :hmph:

Re: When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI? I hope there is unity in the team again because of this.... But i don't see it happening . the major grouse with seniors seems to be the retainer fees.I think the seniors are being selfish on this count ...I really don't see how sachin ,ganguly and dravid should get almost three timesthe money...that the youngster will get .I think they are not looking at the interestof the overall team here and i see no reason why the juniors should support them on this. I am all for same retainer for everyone....although it should be increaded a bit. The BCCI says the money that they sve from this decreased retainer will be used for improving infrastructure.Now who is willing to believe them! :shrug:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: When was the last time a player stood up against BCCI? they already have more than enough money.. this knee-jerk reaction of salary cut is not godo.. wonder they have cut their own salary or not.. i assume by promising les share of benefit to cricketers they have actually increased their onw share.. bloody vultures.