What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

It was part of my grandfather's collection. very insightful writing as it was an account by Ceaser himself. :hatsoff:
Sounds like good reading. Books always mean more when they come from someone you love, don't they? You've mentioned reading about cricket at your grandfather's house when you were younger. It's good that you seem to share that.

Anyone read comics? Could do with some recommendations... Ive been catching up over the major stories ive missed over the last many years... Marvel Civil War, Secret Invasion, X Men - which I never read much before, but just read the Astonishing X Men series and its quality.

anybody read the Harry Potter series here?
love the series. hated the last part. because then u will know that it ended that way because its just a book and rowling decides who dies and who does not. See in LOTR 3 part, return of the king or in return of the jedi u dont feel it ended that way because tolkien or lucas decided so. but in harry potter 7, u are completely aware that rowling is pulling the strings. that according to me is the weakness of the 7th part and hence the series... because the last part is very crucial in any fantasy series.

Anyone read comics? Could do with some recommendations... Ive been catching up over the major stories ive missed over the last many years... Marvel Civil War, Secret Invasion, X Men - which I never read much before, but just read the Astonishing X Men series and its quality.
Conan comics by the Darkhorse comics is Excellent! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_(Dark_Horse_Comics) if anyone is interested in reading them online ask me.

The politically correct term is graphic novel :winky: My all-time favourite is Asterix. Created by Goscinny & Uderzo, it's about this one Gaulish village holding out against the Romans. Great fun.

love the series. hated the last part. because then u will know that it ended that way because its just a book and rowling decides who dies and who does not. See in LOTR 3 part' date=' return of the king or in return of the jedi u dont feel it ended that way because tolkien or lucas decided so. but in harry potter 7, u are completely aware that rowling is pulling the strings. that according to me is the weakness of the 7th part and hence the series... because the last part is very crucial in any fantasy series.[/quote'] i guess she will write more of potter......may be 5 years down the line.she is still not that old.so may be we are yet to see the last of the potter.........i have feeling the new series may have albus severus potter in lead

The politically correct term is graphic novel :winky: My all-time favourite is Asterix. Created by Goscinny & Uderzo, it's about this one Gaulish village holding out against the Romans. Great fun.
Its the most famous french "graphic" novel of all times. They are very proud of it. :giggle: