Team for first ODI on 10th May

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May My team Uthappa Gambhir Dinesh Karthik(at number 3) DravidĀ© Yuvraj Singh Manoj Tiwary MS Dhoni(wk) Powar SSreesanth Munaf Zaheer Yuvraj and Tiwary to share the role of 5th bowler. If Tiwary is not bowling well in nets then I shall bring in Sehwag, rather reluctantly, and drop Gambhir. Uthappa is a much safer bet as a batsman on sub-continent. xxx

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May

My team Uthappa Gambhir Dinesh Karthik(at number 3) DravidĀ© Yuvraj Singh Manoj Tiwary MS Dhoni(wk) Powar SSreesanth Munaf Zaheer Yuvraj and Tiwary to share the role of 5th bowler. If Tiwary is not bowling well in nets then I shall bring in Sehwag, rather reluctantly, and drop Gambhir. Uthappa is a much safer bet as a batsman on sub-continent. *****
Team is weak on part-timers, not that Sehwag is a big improvement over anyone. We really need to get another all-rounder (not the bulging stomach variety) into the ODI team.

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May with shastri at the helm, i am sure mongia would be in. he can be 5th bowler too. i dont think both gambhir and utappa will play in XI, itz either of them. Sehwag Uthappa/Gambhir Dinesh Karthik(at number 3) DravidĀ© Yuvraj Singh Manoj Tiwary/Mongia MS Dhoni(wk) Powar SSreesanth Munaf Zaheer

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May this will be my team.... Sehwag Uthapa - both need to explode on the weak line - 70mph Rasel.... Yuvraj - high time he slips into this position and who better than bangles... Tiwary - This guy needs to ramp and quickly.. from wat i have seen - high quality... Dravid - arguably the best number 5 in the world. Dhoni Karthik - Should be the new finisher. Powar. Zak Sreesanth Munaf. Ideally, i would prefer Pathan over Karthik.

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May Gator's XI looks good to me. I think they will go with that order for sure. Now then how does it feel to watch an Indian ODI without Tendulkar? Any feelings at all? I have none.

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May Lot have been said about India's plan to go for young stars, but from the playing XI of most of the members, I am not finding any young star. Probably you are right, the talks about giving young players the opportunity will be limited in papers. IMO, both Tiwary and Piyush Chawla should get opportunities to prove them.

Who is Tiwary? :chin:
Supposedly the next big thing in Indian cricket.
http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/35565.html Manoj Tiwary symbolises Bengal's new brand of cricket, one built on youth and fearlessness. Within two years of first-class cricket, he has become the most talked-about name outside the Indian team, a refreshing fact in this day and age when it's largely international players and Under-19 stars who get most of the attention. Tiwary has a minimalistic approach towards batting; bowlers are meant to be hit, and the purpose of batting anywhere is to make runs. He goes about doing that in the most aggressive of manners. He has idolised Kevin Pietersen, evident through his mannerism on the field, and favours the front foot more. After being shunted up and down in his first full season in 2005-06, he got a more certain No. 4 position in the next season and made it his own. He scored three scores of 150-plus and his average of 99.50 took his overall first-class average to 57.50. At 21, he has already led Bengal to a Cooch Behar Trophy triumph, and was also asked to captain the state in the Twenty20 championships, despite the presence of Deep Dasgupta and Sourav Ganguly. An aggressive and passionate Bengal cricketing fraternity has already nicknamed him chota dada (in reference to Ganguly's nickname, dada) and, on the back of India's World Cup debacle, was fast-tracked into the one-day side for the tour to Bangladesh in 2007.
02cricket.jpg

An aggressive and passionate Bengal cricketing fraternity has already nicknamed him chota dada (in reference to Ganguly's nickname, dada) and, on the back of India's World Cup debacle, was fast-tracked into the one-day side for the tour to Bangladesh in 2007.
Blatant stupidity of already putting someone that hasn't played a single international contest with someone that's scored over 10000 ODI runs. This is a good instance of the hype every Indian player carries with him.

An aggressive and passionate Bengal cricketing fraternity has already nicknamed him chota dada (in reference to Ganguly's nickname' date=' dada) and, on the back of India's World Cup debacle, was fast-tracked into the one-day side for the tour to Bangladesh in 2007.[/quote'] Blatant stupidity of already putting someone that hasn't played a single international contest with someone that's scored over 10000 ODI runs. This is a good instance of the hype every Indian player carries with him.
I think it's a reference to his combative nature as a batsman; similar to Ganguly in that respect. I am worried about the fact that he is classed as a batsman who "favours the front foot". The last thing Indian cricket needs is another worthless flat-footed slogger. I honestly hope this kid isn't another Uthappa. Good backfooted players are getting overlooked these days. Shikhar Dhawan was a very good back-footed player, but he doesn't seem to be on the selector's radar.

Re: Team for first ODI on 10th May technique is overrated in ODIs. it is a question of whether you can put your bat on the ball consistently using whatever technique and score runs. uthappa needs a few more series before dumping him for good. he does have a sense of arrogance that is needed during the power plays, but needs to show us that he can score more than 20 in an innings.