Gilchrist feels he tested the patience of selectors

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/News/Gilchrist_feels_he_tested_the_patience_of_selectors/articleshow/2003795.cms Gilchrist feels he tested the patience of selectors PTI PrintCommentMail MELBOURNE, May 4: Had Adam Gilchrist been a selector, he would have long dropped himself from the Australian ranks and the opener feels he really tested the patience of national selectors with his stretch of poor run. The Australian vice-captain produced one of the most memorable knocks of his spectacular career with a blistering 149 in the finals against Sri Lanka. But Gilchrist said he "fretted" about his performance right up until the day of the final before he cut loose. "I do not know that one individual day can get any better than the way that day went, but I don't know if that means that I am at the top of my game. The day before that I was fretting about not contributing to the World Cup with a high total," Gilchrist was quoted as saying in The Age. "From a selfish and individual perspective, it was really pleasing to finally pass the three-figure mark in a World Cup game. "I would imagine I have played about 31 or 32 World Cup innings and I am not a selector but I would not be picking too many players as a selector if they were the results. But to get it on the occasion that it was a great thrill," he said. Thirty-five-year old Gilchrist does not have any immediate plans of joining the Australian retirement bandwagon. "There's an excitement there, there is still a love for the game," Gilchrist said.

Re: Gilchrist feels he tested the patience of selectors Not bad, he knew where he stood prior that knock. At times there's nothing wrong with some retrospection. Lest he knew he was struggling to score big runs rather than feel happy with mediocre 30s.

Re: Gilchrist feels he tested the patience of selectors Hey , if they can drop Hayden for having one bad series , then obviously gilchrist would have been concerned before and little bit of introspection was needed by him. I hope our stupid Indian players take note as these guys have lost all the ability for introspection.

Re: Gilchrist feels he tested the patience of selectors Its hard for us to even relate to what Gilly is saying. He is honest to the point of being condescending. Please retire soon and dont test our patience any longer.

Re: Gilchrist feels he tested the patience of selectors

Its hard for us to even relate to what Gilly is saying. He is honest to the point of being condescending. Please retire soon and dont test our patience any longer.
So true.