Sachin the greatest ever sportsperson in Asia: Srinath

Feed

Just off the top of my head Manny Pacquiao - Boxing Ae Yang - Golf Lin Dan - Badminton Jahangir Khan - Squash
Jahangir Khan's record in squash is unparalleled across any other sport I think. That guy deserves to be mentioned alongside Jordan, Bradman, Federer, Spitz, and a handful of others.

Can someone name someone else from Asia in the same stature as say Pele or Schumacher? These are my opinions - Chess is not a sport.So vishy and the Russians cannot be counted. Squash is an underdeveloped non-popular sport. Hence someone who dominates that sport maynot be the best that could have been. Would you call the tamil carrom guy the greatest "sportsperson" since he has won pretty much everything ? Olympics is for amateurs and its extremely skewed against the short events. Some sports has the equivalent of 1 ball game, 6 over game,T20, ODI and tests. 100m, 200m, 400 m, Front stroke,backstroke !! Really ? All that for just running and swimming from A to B? Maybe these is someone from Russia or China in some not so popular sport but i dont think that there is anyone better than Sachin in Football, Tennis or Cricket.Infact only football and Tennis are truly global sports and its sad that none from India or Asia has excelled in them.