All time India-Pakistan 11

1- Saeed Anwar** 2- Sunil Gavaskar 3- R Dravid 4- S Tendulkar 5 J Miandad 6- I Khan© 7- K Dev 8- S Kirmani** 9- W Akram 10- W Younis 11- A Kumble** I Khan for a lot of his career batted at #6 so he will used be a bridge between the top 5 and Kapil Dev who could be used as a Gilchrist type hitter. The bowling attack has got a bit of variety, i would probably have Wasim and Imran share the new ball and will try not to use A Kumble in the 1st innings. ** means that i felt that they were debatable choices.

Re: All time India-Pakistan 11 W. Younis at his peak would make it, but not after he had lost his pace. Akhtar could replace him. I'll also take Inzy over Miandad, for two reasons: a) Inzi was the better of the two FTBs and a better stroke maker b) Inzi played in an era where LBW was a legal method of dismissal.

Re: All time India-Pakistan 11 actually, why not have a subcontinent-XI ? In that case, i'd go with ( for tests): S.Gavaskar H.Mohammed R.Dravid S.Tendulkar K.Sangakkara+ Inzamam I.Khan© W.Akram W.Younis B.Chandrasekhar/A.Kumble (depending on condition totally) M.Muralitharan

Re: All time India-Pakistan 11 Nice thread Tests--- S.Gavaskar H.Mohammed R.Dravid S.Tendulkar J Miandad K.Sangakkara+ I.Khan© W.Akram W.Younis B.Bedi/ Kapil- again depending on Conditions M.Muralitharan ODI team- tricky this S Ganguly S Tendulkar J Miandad R Dravid Inzamam Sangakarra Imran © Kapil Wasim Waqar Murali Ive left out guys like Saqi, De Silva ( might put him there instead of Dravid in fact) , Jauyasuria, MoYo, Anwar... That side versus a World 11 of A Gilchrist D Haynes R Ponting © V Richards B Lara M Bevan I Botham S Warne J Garner G Mcgrath C Ambrose

Re: All time India-Pakistan 11

W. Younis at his peak would make it, but not after he had lost his pace. Akhtar could replace him. I'll also take Inzy over Miandad, for two reasons: a) Inzi was the better of the two FTBs and a better stroke maker b) Inzi played in an era where LBW was a legal method of dismissal.
Miandad had the highest batting average among the batsmen of his era, D Lillie(arguably the best bowler at the time) called him the best batsman that he ever bowled to so Miandad over Inzi is a no brainer for mine!
Guest dada_rocks

Re: All time India-Pakistan 11 If we must choose a batsman froim pakistan it has to be miandad rest don't qualify except abbas in one day setup.

Guest dada_rocks

Anwar was a top class batsman. As far as i am concerned' date=' he is an easy choice to open alongside Gavaskar. He averages less than Sehwag but scored plenty of runs against better bowling attacks.[/quote'] Sehwag has this tendency of scoring big against good attacks he calls it a day when paratha bowlers come up like bangs and company so I am not sure how can u put anwar ahead of him on that count.

Re: All time India-Pakistan 11 Its a close call between Saeed Anwar and Sehwag. Anwar played some top knocks on tough wickets. His 120 odd in Durban would be among the best innings played by an opener ever. The 180 odd against India at Calcutta was a second innings classic. Sehwag cant seem to put bat to ball in the second innings on the other hand, though he scores bigger when he gets in. I would take Anwar for now because Sehwag's game seems to have fallen apart over the last year and will have to see if he can recover.

Miandad had the highest batting average among the batsmen of his era, D Lillie(arguably the best bowler at the time) called him the best batsman that he ever bowled to so Miandad over Inzi is a no brainer for mine!
MP, Small correction here. Dennis Lillee did not call Miandad as the best batsmen he bowled to. The best batsman Dennis Lillee bowled to was Viv Richards, as spelled out very clearly in his Autobiography - Dennis Lillee Menace. What was interesting is that the second best batsman Dennis picked was Gary Sobers, even though Sobers played a couple of blistering knocks against Lillee including a double century for Rest of the World against Aussies, an innings that Don Bradman called out as the best innings ever played in Australia. The best 10 batsman picked by Lillee are in order: Viv Richards Gary Sobers David Gower Barry Richards Graeme Pollock Greg Chappell Javed Miandad Doug Walters Allan Border Ian Chappell. Lillee did rate Miandad very highly and conceded that "I was too attacking against him when I bowled, a testament to the fact that he won the battle of minds"...I can not recall Lillee ever writing about someone else winning a mental battle against him. I will pick my Indo-Pak XI in a little while. Good thread :wtg: xxxx