Is this an insult or what?... :chin:

Asif named as vice captain.. MoYo was willing to take reponsibility of captainship.. but they asked younis khan.. but he left to play in county and they name Malik as captain.. and now they named a druggie as their vice-captain.. even afridi was better option.. this is just Unbelievable..

Re: Is this an insult or what?... :chin:

Asif named as vice captain..
Veer, I would think it would have been an insult had Moyo been selected to be VC. That would have meant that Selectors had thought me(Moyo) was second best to Shoaib Malik. I think it is a bold, and correct, decision. VC's are selected with the idea of being groomed for future. Now clearly Moyo is not going to be around for long, 3-4 years tops, so how does it benefit Pakistan? To add to that a senior player like Moyo being a VC may lead to camps in the team, something Pakistan(and India) have historically always suffered from. Moyo or YK should use this oppertunity to become the best they can be in batting and leave the leadership worries to Malik. I am sure Moyo would feel bad but from a neutral standpoint I do not have a doubt that Pakistan's well being is linked to new players and not the old guards. xxxx

Asif named as vice captain..
Veer, I would think it would have been an insult had Moyo been selected to be VC. That would have meant that Selectors had thought me(Moyo) was second best to Shoaib Malik. I think it is a bold, and correct, decision. VC's are selected with the idea of being groomed for future. Now clearly Moyo is not going to be around for long, 3-4 years tops, so how does it benefit Pakistan? xxxx
Lurker.. no matter what theory you apply (except talibanization theory).. choosing a druggie ahead of anyone is a wrong move?? .. there are other young players in the team.. Malik is himself a young player so you are already secured if you looking at future.. why cant moyo be his deputy... pakistan has always been players full of egos.. and by wrong choice of captain and vice-captain, they just added fuel to the fire..

Lurker.. no matter what theory you apply (except talibanization theory).. choosing a druggie ahead of anyone is a wrong move?? .. there are other young players in the team.. Malik is himself a young player so you are already secured if you looking at future.. why cant moyo be his deputy... pakistan has always been players full of egos.. and by wrong choice of captain and vice-captain, they just added fuel to the fire..
You are correct that picking a player with a drug record is not the best move. No disagreement on that one. However it is also fair to say that today the hottest thing in Pakistani test cricket is not Moyo, YK, Inzzy or Malik. If Pakistan has to win then Asif has to fire. This is important since your VC should be a player that should be able to get in the team first. Sure there are young players in Pakistani team but players like Salman Bhutt, Sami, Rao Ifkthikar etc can not hold a spot. The seniors - YK, Moyo etc- have been ruled out with an eye on the future. And players in middle age - Afridi and Razzak- are not confirmed in Test selection. Even Malik would not have been a sure shot selection as Captain. Why would PCB pick a VC that goes on the same lines - that is not able to justify selection? Thats like playing with 9 players. I have a feeling that selection of Asif as VC has more to do with lack of options than anything else. xxxx

Re: Is this an insult or what?... :chin: hahaha, Mohammad Youhana always wanted the captaincy and made his intentions clear long ago. Recently he even went as far as saying how much of an honour it would be to lead this sh*tty team, but he was still shunned. Poor guy, the conversion and all the theatrics after scoring runs were for nothing. Perhaps he is still being rejected because he hasn't been circumsized yet ? You can't captain Pakistan as a plastic katwa, they only want the real thing

Lurker' date=' surely if the PCB were applying the logic of a player being able to hold on to a spot with certainty, then Malik would not have been made captain.[/quote'] Sure, and thats why I am of the opinion that had there been another non-playing VC that would have in effect mean only 9 players. It is not very difficult to see why Malik was chose. The core of Pakistan team today is made of - Inzzy, YK, Moyo, Asif, Kaneria and Akmal. Akhtar is..well Akhtar. Razzak and Afridi are hardly secure of their place and young guns lime Butt, Hameed, Rana etc are again not sure of place. The seniors are not going to be allowed to lead, PCB is clear on that, so who is the best bet? Malik obviously.He has some leadership skill and has long been touted as next skipper. Let me say that if there are 5 arguments in favour of Malik, there would 5 against him as well. However in the end he was picked simply because Pakistan did not have any other option. xxx

They still shouldve chosen Akmal as compared to Asif.
Ideally Akmal should have been selected as VC. But I suspect his recent performance have gone against him. I would even say that had Akmal had a good last year he would have been picked as Skipper ahead of Shoaib Malik. My issue with Asif as VC is if Malik gets hurt that means Asif would be the skipper!! And that is a scary thought...even from a humdringer state of Pakistan cricket. xxx

They still shouldve chosen Akmal as compared to Asif.
Ideally Akmal should have been selected as VC. But I suspect his recent performance have gone against him. I would even say that had Akmal had a good last year he would have been picked as Skipper ahead of Shoaib Malik. My issue with Asif as VC is if Malik gets hurt that means Asif would be the skipper!! And that is a scary thought...even from a humdringer state of Pakistan cricket. *****
mate, I'd rather have someone who's been playing the last year, with bad form, as compared to someone who was banned for drugs.

Re: Is this an insult or what?... :chin: Asif as potential skips Muwahahaha, but am not surprised. Historically Pakistani skippers have never been morally sound characters. ->Imran among other things is a self confessed ball tamperer ->Miandad didnt get a long enuff stint at captaincy, tho he has made amends for it by associating himself with a terrorist, besides a hobby in balcony dancing ->Akram is a match fixer ->Salim Malik is a match fixer & mafia ->Inzy is a hypocritic Mullah & dictator (as claimed by Akram :hic:) Now Asif is a potential skips who could order his troops to lineup for a snort every drinks break. The only choice better than Asif to keep the traditions of Pak captains alive would have been Akhtar. If Malik or Asif blunders those days may not be far away.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Is this an insult or what?... :chin: See as a druggy either they drop him altogether or if they do selct then they must treat him like normal player , that's what they seem to be doing here. Aise sochon na guru ye gaza pine ki aadat jaate jaate jati hain.. to ye fir se piyega aur apane ko fokat mein entertainment milegaa aur kya aasha karte ho pakistan team se bhai..

Re: Is this an insult or what?... :chin: Very bad example set by Pakistan as ever. How can a druggie that misses all ICC tourneys and plays only those series' that has no drug testing involved be rewarded with vice captaincy??? I guess Pakistan knows there is no ICC organized tourney in the near future and have chosen Asif. They better keep another vice captain ready just in case. I'm not hopeful the fragile Asif is going to be available through out the year. Asif is "Mini Akthar" in many ways :hic:

See as a druggy either they drop him altogether or if they do selct then they must treat him like normal player , that's what they seem to be doing here. Aise sochon na guru ye gaza pine ki aadat jaate jaate jati hain.. to ye fir se piyega aur apane ko fokat mein entertainment milegaa aur kya aasha karte ho pakistan team se bhai..
They're left with no options. Hopefully resposibiliyt on his shoulders would make his feet on the ground! It's like India in some sense. Making Yuvaraj who is arrogant or Sehwag one with cavalier attitude VC of Indian team.