Useless Thread - "Ladies" Log is playing

Rajiv

This was 1999, Asian Test Championship and the introduction of a very fast chucker called Shoaib Aktar After the Kolkata drama, we moved to Lanka for the 2nd Match and India seemed very confident to beat the Lankans. I was too, so we scored a mammoth 518 with centuries from the Wall and Sada Ramesh. We pegged Lanka back to 293-4, I wasn't paying much attention and I was very confident that India would take a huge lead and win the match, so without any knowledge of the score, I go to the corner shop owned by Pinto D'costa who is watching the match on his 8" screen. As usual its customary to ask the score while lighting the cigarette and I was told that that "ladies log playing man" I was like "Ladies Log" ?, the guys says "yes man, some bugga Mahela putting century man. I was absolutely shocked to see him in the 180's, left everything and went hoe to watch the game, when I saw his stroke play, I was like this guy is the Lankan tendulkar. He got stuck with a 242 and now 275 - I am sure Pinto must be saying "Saala Phir se Ladies Log aa gaya" *Mahela* - Lady in Hindi http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63831.html