Dhoni's fitness

Re: Dhoni's fitness

It was really humid and temp over 35 C...quite a difficult conditions.
The last International Game that India(and hence Dhoni) played was on 20th March. That means Dhoni effectively received a vacation of round about 50 days(damn! I am in the wrong profession), unless you count itsby bitsy domestic 20/20 games as very taxing of course. That apart Dhoni was born, raised in Ranchi. The climate there is not very different that what it was yesterday. So no real surprises as far as I am concerned. By the way what was the reason for Dhoni having a runner? Did he cramp due to the conditions or did he pull a muscle or something? xxx

Lurker, Ranchi is not humid at all. In fact it has a very pleasant climate. I stayed there for 2 years from the end of 2000.
Chandan. Ranchi is certainly humid. It has become increasingly dry over the years but do remember that once upon a time it was the Summer Capital of undivided Bihar(Patna being the overall capital). The reason for that was Ranchi is a hilly region and till very recently there would rains every single evening during summer. I have been going to Ranchi since early 80's and trust me it is one thing I absolutely loved about Ranchi. It did not matter how warm(or cold) it was during summer, it would rain for an hour or two and cool off climate right away in the evenings. These days it has become very hot but the rains do come every now and then, perhaps because of all the high altitude and mountains. My relatives do tell me that rains have become increasingly less with every passing year though. If you have any elderly relatives from Ranchi do check with them how the climate has changed drastically over the years in Ranchi. xxx
Guest dada_rocks

Lurker, Ranchi is not humid at all. In fact it has a very pleasant climate. I stayed there for 2 years from the end of 2000.
Precisely.. never mind lurker mian's gospel

Chandan check this out: (RANCHI) TEMPERATURE Max.- 31.050cel. Min.- 20.000cel. HUMIDITY Morning : 80.00 % Evening : 54.00 % SUNSET source:http://ranchiexpress.com/ 80% humidity with highest 31 Celcius. Admittedly couple of points off from 35C and 85% or so humidity that was yesterday at Dhakka but surely not completely different atmosphere. xxxx

Re: Dhoni's fitness Why the hell are people going on and on about the f*cking weather. The conditions are the same for BOTH teams, and it's not like these Indian cricketers haven't played in 40 degree heat before. Remember the 2005 series vs Pakistan, when they played at Kochi ? 45 degrees heat that day, but you never heard anyone talk about it because India won that match. Besides, it's not like these players are Brazilian footballers playing in Rio - running for 90 mins straight. With all the drinks breaks they get, and the luxury of having a runner they shouldn't bother complaining.

Remember the 2005 series vs Pakistan' date= when they played at Kochi ? 45 degrees heat that day, but you never heard anyone talk about it because India won that match. Besides, it's not like these players are Brazilian footballers playing in Rio - running for 90 mins straight. With all the drinks breaks they get, and the luxury of having a runner they shouldn't bother complaining.
That was what came to my mind yesterday when Sreesanth started cramping. I really had to wonder as to how a lad from Cochin from all the places can complain about weather in Dhakka. No I am not being harsh on Indian players but merely saying we are perhaps treating them with too much kid gloves. On a aside note India is pretty darn safe if something happens to our keeper, we have another full-fledged keeper(Karthik) and another part-timer(Dravid). xxx