Zaheer Khan

Zaheer Khan's last 5 perfomances excluding game against Bermuda Mirpur v/s Bangla 7 overs 51 runs @7.7 :- Poor PoS v/s Lanka 10 overs 48 runs 2 wickets @4.8 :- Par performance PoS v/s Bangla 9 overs 41 runs 1 wicket @ 4.5 : Poor Vizag v/s Lanka 10 overs 54 runs 2 wickets @5.4 : Good (took imp wicket of Sanga) Goa v/s Lanka 10 overs 42 runs 5 wickets @4.2 : Match winning. He seems to be struggling..bowled some utter crap..wheras SS was brilliant other end...Should we rest him? and play RP singh??

Re: Zaheer Khan Happens, new place, no cricket for a while and the heat. Zaheer bowled several good balls too. Took Tamim's edge couple of times, bowled a lot of good yorkers that didn't get him a wicket. At times luck should favour too.

Re: Zaheer Khan Zak has lost his fire... it is pretty clear... it is the case with him always... he giveess 100% till he is in the team and secure.... then he slips bak... but to his credit, he clocked 85+ consistently yesterday.... h

Re: Zaheer Khan I often wonder whats the matter with Zaheer Khan? He has the tools to be a good pace bowler. Has a smooth run-up, good classical action, can move the ball away from a right hander, and then also bring it in when on song. Has a good follow through and is quite an aggressive bloke. But somehow he seems to have 2 good games and then 20 bad ones. Have we persisted with ZK too long now? :chin:

Re: Zaheer Khan One sub par game and the boo birds are out... Did you boo Dhoni when he DOUBLE DUCKED in the World Cup? Anyway, Sree got the advantage of bowling mostly to the defense minded Omar...while Zaheer got to bowl mostly to Tamim...

Re: Zaheer Khan

Anyway' date=' Sree got the advantage of bowling mostly to the defense minded Omar...while Zaheer got to bowl mostly to Tamim...[/quote'] Incorrect. Zak bowled more to both the players. 2 more to Omar, and 4 more to Tamim. To Javed Omar: Z Khan : 18 balls, 8 runs S Sreesanth : 16 balls, 2 runs To Tamim Iqbal: Z Khan : 18 balls, 21 runs S Sreesanth : 14 balls, 11 runs Overall to openers: Z Khan : 36 balls, 29 runs S Sreesanth : 30 balls, 13 runs In addition to the runs above, Zaheer gave away 4 no balls, and 2 wides as compared to Sreesanth's 1 wide. So overall, Not a great game for Zaheer, and the excuse you mention isn't quite valid. Edit: Just for some more comparison: Munaf Patel to Tamim: 11 balls, 5 runs.

Re: Zaheer Khan To be honest Varun Zaheer beat the bat 4 times in a row in his third over after having been hit for a four. Two of those balls were simply unplayable. He had one edge down the leg that was ruled not out by the umpire.

Re: Zaheer Khan In the third over, he had an inside edge. But beat the bat 4 times in a row ? Please Ravi, Tamim let the 2 that went to the keeper go. Yeah that was a good over, but I'm afraid you gotta bowl 10.

In the third over' date=' he had an inside edge. But beat the bat 4 times in a row ? Please Ravi, Tamim let the 2 that went to the keeper go.[/quote'] Unless I've confused Sreesanth with Zaheer, I'm pretty sure Zaheer beat the bat few times in the 3rd over. I made that correction in my above post. It wasn't the first over but the 3rd one. BTW not Tamim but he beat Omar after the cut shot Omar played against him. BTW just checked the view it was 3 times :hic:

Re: Zaheer Khan Here is cricinfo's commentary for over number 6 (Zaheer's over with Tamim's inside edge): [code:4908f8ca79] 6.1 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, no run, In the zone outside off, Tamim lets it go through to the 'keeper 6.2 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, Edged between Dhoni and the first slip. Agony for Zaheer, joy for Tamim. Fullish, outside off stump,Tamim has a flash and gets a outside edge. It flies rapidly between Dhoni and Sehwag, who is standing slightly wide and both stare at each other. Not-a-man move. 6.3 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, no run, attempted yorker, on the middle stump line, jabbed away cautiously 6.4 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, no run, in the corridor outside off, left alone by Tamim 6.5 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, no run, on a length, on the off stump line, punched to short mid off 6.6 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, no run, landed on a length, angling in to off and middle, pushed to short mid off [/code:1:4908f8ca79]

In the third over' date=' he had an inside edge. But beat the bat 4 times in a row ? Please Ravi, Tamim let the 2 that went to the keeper go.[/quote']BTW not Tamim but he beat Omar after the cut shot Omar played against him. BTW just checked the view it was 3 times :hic:
Ah Omar.. Munaf/Sreesanth/Zaheer all were beating Omar. Oh, and among the three pacers, Zaheer did the worst against Omar as well.

Re: Zaheer Khan BTW I meant 3rd over of the Bangladesh's inning. The one you posted was the 7th over of the inning and Zaheer's 4th one. I'm not saying he bowled well but he was unlucky not to pick up 2 wickets. The one Tamim edged really should have been snapped up quite easily. Firstly Sehwag was wide at the first slip and neither Dhoni nor Sehwag went for the catch. They just looked at each other's face that's about it. Zaheer didn't really do any favour by bowling way over the head and conceeding 5 extras or giving too much width outside off for Tamim to throw his bat around.