Farhat asked to explain outburst after omission from team

King

Farhat asked to explain outburst after omission from team PTI Thursday, May 10, 2007 22:12 IST KARACHI: Pakistan's discarded opener Imran Farhat has been told to appear before Pakistan Cricket Board officials and explain his behaviour after the national selection committee filed a complaint claiming he misbehaved with them after learning he was not picked for the ODI series against Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi. PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf had asked Chief Executive Shafqat Nagmi to look into the case and take any disciplinary action against Farhat if it was proved he had misbehaved with the selectors, a PCB official said. Farhat, who was also not considered for the World Cup claimed he did not misbehave with anyone and only asked the selectors on telephone on which planet he should give trials to be picked for Pakistan again. "I didn't behave rudely. I just asked a simple question which offended them. Later I realised I shouldn't even have called them. I called the chief selector up again and apologised to him. I thought the matter was over," Farhat said. Chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed said he would not like to see any severe action being taken against Farhat and would plead his case. "He has realised his mistake but he has to realise it is not possible for selectors to pick everyone." The PCB official said that a decision on Farhat would be taken on Friday. "It is premature to say what happens because we have to hear his side of the story also." The players picked for the Abu Dhabi series assembled in Lahore on thursday and will leave on May 16 for the series against the World Cup finalists. Manager Talat Ali said he had reminded the players of the Board's zero tolerance policy on discipline, especially after the disappointment at the World Cup. "They have got the message and I don't think there should be a problem. The vibes from the senior players are also positive and I am sure Shoaib Malik has a good cricket head on his shoulders and would do well," he said.

Re: Farhat asked to explain outburst after omission from team Even his father in law Mohammad Ilyas, a former Test cricketer joined the party . He allegedly gave threats to the chairman selection committee Salahuddin and fellow selector Shafqat Rana for not selecting Farhat. Nothing surprises me when it comes to Pakistan.

Re: Farhat asked to explain outburst after omission from team kinda like going into a job interview and walking out after giving the prospective employer an ultimatum. farhat is stunningly full of sh*t like most of the pakistani top order. i hardly think he is in a position to dictate orders. but then again, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. so i am guessing his stake to a claim on the team bus is the 20 odd he managed every now and then.