Playing Under 19 League

Hey guys, I am really excited because I got selected to play for Connecticut Under 19 League. I had never played with Matches Ball before so was little nervous. But at the practice I did fine and my performance was well received. Our first game is on this Saturday against a New Jersey Team. It is 40 over match so it will be a long day. I always wanted to play cricket formally and I am finally getting chance so I am very happy. I couldnt keep the excitement myself so had to tell u guys.

Re: Playing Under 19 League

Hey guys, I am really excited because I got selected to play for Connecticut Under 19 League. I had never played with Matches Ball before so was little nervous. But at the practice I did fine and my performance was well received. Our first game is on this Saturday against a New Jersey Team. It is 40 over match so it will be a long day. I always wanted to play cricket formally and I am finally getting chance so I am very happy. I couldnt keep the excitement myself so had to tell u guys.
Good on ya, love the game and enjoy your cricket. BTW why are you guys playing 40 overs and not 50? Is this in US of A?

Re: Playing Under 19 League This is in USA. We might play 45 overs, depending on when we reach NJ. Unfortunately, it takes 3 hours to get there, thats why we will be most likely playing 40 overs. But I felt so different wearing all those accessories, its a different feel when u wear it the first time. I think we will be playing around 14 games, some in state and other out of state. Btw, Good Luck to you as well on your game on Sunday.

This is in USA. We might play 45 overs, depending on when we reach NJ. Unfortunately, it takes 3 hours to get there, thats why we will be most likely playing 40 overs. But I felt so different wearing all those accessories, its a different feel when u wear it the first time. I think we will be playing around 14 games, some in state and other out of state. Btw, Good Luck to you as well on your game on Sunday.
I'm the other way round, I find it hard without accessories and against tennis ball. Three hours to travel to play a game :doh: That's a bit harsh. Good luck anyways. Our season is done and dusted, it's now winter time and when need a bit of cricket we go to the academy and play against the bowling machine.

Re: Playing Under 19 League Well I meant to say that I never got the opportunity to wear those accessories because I do not own them nor I had reason to own it since I played with tennis ball. Now its a different story. Will be going to NY to buy a Kit. Unfortunately there is not a single cricket store in my state, I have to drive 3 hours just to buy a freaking accessory.... Thats why, every time I come to India, I buy extra stuff. Its so stupid... This is one of the reasons why I hate America.... :mad:

Re: Playing Under 19 League Can't you order online? I'm pretty sure there are plenty of cricket kit retailers online and on EBay. I'm sure you will enjoy playing with the hard ball irrespective of whether you are good at bat or bowl. If you are a batter all you need to do is time the ball i.e get from the middle of the ball. Even the best of the bowlers could be hit out of the ground. If you are bowler you could do a lot of things with the ball. What I hate about tennis ball is it comes so slow it neither helps the bowler nor the batter. It has no seam so it will neither seam or swing. It's too much a batter's game the tennis ball cricket. :shrug:

Re: Playing Under 19 League I could definitely order the kits from online but the problem is shipping. They charge too much. Besides, if I go to NY, I will have more choices in store than online. I have to also buy white clothes so I will have to buy right size that fits me. Anyways, thnx guys, I will try to do my best. Its just matter of getting used to the ball and the pitch, once I do that, nothing can stop me. :lol:

he means the regular, leather ball cricket yaar. btw i can't this.. u impressed them with tennis ball cricket, and they picked u for hard ball cricket?
I played with hard ball. I was saying that it was my first time playing with hard ball but because I played decent, they were impressed by it and therefore chose me. Unfortunately, my match got postponed thanks to the heavy rain.... So we will practice instead. I dont know the location but I will found out.