Doesnt he ever grow up ??

Ram

Virender Sehwag... 150 matches... 5000 runs.. and yet this guy keeps making the same stupid old mistakes. Still cant control his natural instincts so that the team can benefit. Keeps getting out again n again in the 20's and 30's. How many times have we seen him score 3-4 boundaries in the over and get out in the last ball ? Dusnt he have a brain ? :wall: :wall:

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? When was the last time Sehwag scored match winning century against a good opponent in an important match ? I cant seem to remember. We need players who can win matches... Not players who are amazingly talented and yet cant tame their instincts...

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? I don't reckon he will be consistent for a longer duration and will struggle to be very consistent. He can still do few things that the rest may not be capable of. Reminds me of the Indian tour to NZ in 2003. When everyone was struggling to even score 50, Sehwag was scoring 100s every other game. Unfortunately he has been in terrible form over the last year and a half in ODIs. Fair enough to say he doesn't learn from his mistakes and carries on his lottery game play.

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ??

When was the last time Sehwag scored match winning century against a good opponent in an important match ? I cant seem to remember. We need players who can win matches... Not players who are amazingly talented and yet cant tame their instincts...
His last hundred was scored against Pakistan at Kochi a little over two seasons ago. I don't blame Sehwag for anything. This is how he has always played in ODI's - aside from an extraordinary first season, he has always played like sh*t. He doesn't belong in this ODI team and he knows it. Blame the stupid selectors and foolish captains like Dravid for picking him in the first place.

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? Sehwag is the official pinch hitter at the top for India. I don't see him as an opener at all. He will throw his bat around and if lucky he will go on for a while otherwise it's yet another ODI knock for him. Selectors have got it all wrong I think, he is dropped for test matches. If you look in the last 4-5 years at any international team you won't find a more consistent opener in test cricket than Sehwag but he is dropped from test cricket against Bangladesh. Vengsarkar and his clones have choosen Sehwag for ODIs but shafted him for test matches.

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? Anybody who has 20 intnl 100's and averages 50 in test matches HAS to be good. But what is the point in havin such bloated personel records when the team isnt winning. And the cruel irony is -- its not like this guy cant play at all. As Ravi pointed out there was time when he was the only guy in the entire team putting bat to ball ( like the NZ series in NZ). He can do it , but just keeps baffling us.

When was the last time Sehwag scored match winning century against a good opponent in an important match ? I cant seem to remember. We need players who can win matches... Not players who are amazingly talented and yet cant tame their instincts...
His last hundred was scored against Pakistan at Kochi a little over two seasons ago. I don't blame Sehwag for anything. This is how he has always played in ODI's - aside from an extraordinary first season, he has always played like sh*t. He doesn't belong in this ODI team and he knows it. Blame the stupid selectors and foolish captains like Dravid for picking him in the first place.
What happenned to the hundren he scored in World Cup? India posted record total too? Problem with Sehwag is if Tendulkar is not around then all attention is on him. He is a hit or miss player but when he hits that really destroys the opposition's chance on staying in the game. Why is no one crying about Yuvaraj's or Gamibir's performance?

[What happenned to the hundren he scored in World Cup? India posted record total too? Problem with Sehwag is if Tendulkar is not around then all attention is on him. He is a hit or miss player but when he hits that really destroys the opposition's chance on staying in the game. Why is no one crying about Yuvaraj's or Gamibir's performance?
Yeah, he scored a hundred against Bermuda. Fan-f*cking-tastic. Sehwag plays like sh*t no matter who he is batting with. I am getting bored of people trying to justify his inclusion with the "if he comes off" argument. That is the problem with Sehwag. He doesn't "come off" at all. He has no f*cking clue how to manage an innings and no sense of responsibility either. I have been watching this guy play since he made his debut, and bar that first season in '02 when he was an unknown quantity, he has been largely unimpressive and is now acting as a burden on the team because he contributes nothing. IND invariably start every match 1 wicket down in under 10 overs because of Sehwag. We need proper openers who can put a price on their wicket and Sehwag isn't it.

Sehwag plays like sh*t no matter who he is batting with.
Giveme a break man! He has no footwork or a great attitude agreed but the man can hit the ball outside the ground with his eye hand combination. Look at the matches India won when Sehwag provided a good start. Now Indian reserves are not enriched with other openers waiting in the wings. Who would you send out to replace Sehwag? Uthappa? He's still testing the waters and has not cemented a place yet. Gambir is highly inconsistent and with Uthappa coming along with him it'll be a disaster. Sehwag recently had a poor show but he's coming out of his slump. He'll dig gold for India soon. Just be patient. The funny thing is the guys like you who scream out against him are the ones who actually enjoy his batting when he makes merry out there. So just wait and watch for that it's coming your way soon. Adios!

Giveme a break man! He has no footwork or a great attitude agreed but the man can hit the ball outside the ground with his eye hand combination. Look at the matches India won when Sehwag provided a good start. Now Indian reserves are not enriched with other openers waiting in the wings. Who would you send out to replace Sehwag? Uthappa? He's still testing the waters and has not cemented a place yet. Gambir is highly inconsistent and with Uthappa coming along with him it'll be a disaster. Sehwag recently had a poor show but he's coming out of his slump. He'll dig gold for India soon. Just be patient. The funny thing is the guys like you who scream out against him are the ones who actually enjoy his batting when he makes merry out there. So just wait and watch for that it's coming your way soon. Adios!
I mentioned my candidates for the opening position in some other thread. I don't rate Uthappa at all - i'd rather have Sehwag, if the choice was indeed between those two only. My reservoirs of patience are running dry and rightfully so, as Sehwag's "recent poor show" has been continuing since the '03 World Cup. Dude, do you even watch the games ? Have you been following Indian cricket over the last 4 years ? I don't know how someone can convincingly say that Sehwag deserves a place in the team if they have watched him play for the last 3 seasons or so. They must be great poker players. ...and it's been a long time since i enjoyed watching Sehwag in an ODI. When he hits a boundary, i become even more nervous as i anticipate his dismissal. Most of the time my gut is usually right.

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? So its the lack of choices thats keepin Viru in the team still.. Thats pretty clear. @Headcoach The question is not whether he is good enough or not.. But is he doing his job as an opener ? An opener should have the patience to play through the innings , set up victories , or keep out good bowling in tough conditions. Will you back Sehwag to do any of these ? I dont think so. Last 50 matches , he has scored 7 fifties and one hundred( the one against Bermuda). If we discount that 100 against Ber ( coz come to think of it , if he hadnt scored a 100 that day , someone else would have) , it means that Viru has not scored a SINGLE 100 against worthwhile opposition in the last 50 matches he has played. I say its time he is replaced , atleast as an opener. Maybe he can be decent middle order bat.. I am not able to buy this Horse Sh*t story of " let him play his natural game " and blah blah.. If he wants to showcase his talent , let him hire a stadium , hit balls out of the ground and enjoy the people's cheers.

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? Yet another decent start wasted by Sehwag. You wouldn't think this is the fella that has been dropped from the test team and is looking forward to making a come back. Looks like Sehwag is going Kambli way.

Re: Doesnt he ever grow up ?? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: .. I dont wat els to say/do.. Even followin the match cricinfo , i can imagin sehwag wallopin the big six and gettin out in the same over...