Worldcup 2010 Draw

zubinpepsi

for bored and lonely souls.. heres the text commentary frm BBC 1350: Next year will mark the 30th anniversary of the 1970 World Cup, which was won by a Brazil team considered by many to be the finest ever to play in the tournament's history. The BBC World Service's Witness programme looks back at how Pele, Jairzinho and Carlos Alberto delighted crowds with their sublime skill. 1347: Speak of the devil... here's Cameroon legend Roger Milla himself, who played for the Indomitable Lions in three World Cup finals, on the chances of seeing an African winner in 2010: "We have six good African teams in the World Cup - if they have good organisation and really good preparation there will be a big surprise from the African teams here. Today football has become simple for everyone so even an African team has the ability to win the tournament. The proof is that Ghana won the recent Under-20 World Cup, while Nigeria reached the Under-17 final, so Africa can definitely contest the World Cup final itself. The African teams just need good preparation." Roger Milla dances around the corner flag after a goal at Italia 90 1344: There will be all sorts of celebrities and famous football-type people at the World Cup draw today. Check out this list: Charlize Theron, Desmond Tutu, FA de Clerk, Haile Gebrselassie, Franz Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Eusebio, Luis Figo, David Beckham, Ruud Gullit, Makhaya Ntini and John Smit. Oh, and a certain Roger Milla will also be present, which is a brilliant excuse to crash out a photo of him dancing around a corner flag at the 1990 World Cup. 1340: My colleague Matt has just missived me England's best/worst case scenario, statistically. Here they are... England's Group of Life: North Korea, Ghana, Slovakia. England's Group of Death: United States, Cameroon, Portugal. 1337: Fifa has sent us a statement on the security issue this morning. The world governing body said it received a hoax threat, evacuated and swept the area and arrested a foreign journalist after an investigation. The area was declared safe and the item found was not explosive. Also, an individual was earlier arrested at the airport in Cape Town after making two hoax calls. "This is an indication of the capacity we have to immediately identify these mischief makers and bring them to book," said the statement." From Pearcesport on Twitter: " http://twitpic.com/s34qt - Fabio Capello shouldn't find it too hard to find his seat for the draw" BBC Sports news correspondent James Pearce in Cape Town: "The pot that England manager Fabio Capello will fear the most is Pot Four, which contains all the unseeded European teams - including France and Portugal. In the latest practice draw, England were put in the same group as Australia, Slovakia and Cameroon - Capello would probably be quite happy with that. This is a massive day for South Africa too of course, with an estimated TV audience of around 200m people watching around the world, and this is a chance for South Africa to whet our appetites for what is to come next summer." 1327: If you're eating your lunch and you're bored, why not watch Spain's utterly brilliant qualification campaign? Ten games, 10 wins - not a bad way to underline your status as favourites (along with Brazil). England manager Fabio Capello on the poor quality of the pitches at his side's planned base for the 2010 finals, the Ba***eng Sports Campus near Rustenburg: "The pitches are not good but I am sure that when we will be here (next summer), they will be good enough. The facilities there are fantastic and we are happy with the work they have done. The pitches are a little problem but we have been told they will be OK." From Owen, Dublin, via text on 81111: "As an Irishman I'm still interested to see who gets who. Hope England do well, they are the players I've watched on MOTD since I was a wee lad and wishing I had Liam Brady's left foot! And hard as it may be to say, but good luck to the French as well - after all, they did give us Platini and Zidane." 1318: Coming up, a text that encapsulates the spirit of the World Cup. It really does, you know... 1317: Excitement is building among football fans in South Africa, but what about those who live near the venues where the matches will be played? The BBC World Service has spoken to residents from four host cities - Pretoria, Rustenburg, Port Elizabeth and Cape Town. 1314: Pot Four: France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia. 1313: Pot Three: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay. 1312: Pot Two: Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras. 1311: Pot One: South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, ENGLAND. 1309: Wow, dunno what happened back at 1302. If you refresh, it should all be OK now. Right then - hands up at the back of the class, has anyone already forgotten who's qualified for the World Cup? If you got all 32, there's a bonus point if you can remember the eight seeded teams. Coming up, those four pots in full... From henrywinter on Twitter: "South Africans have banned sale of vuvuzuelas, noisy horns beloved by locals, in lead-up to draw. Pity. Local customs should apply." 1304: David Beckham tells the BBC that England are not wary of anybody: "As a nation you should never fear another country - you have to respect the other countries, but you can never be scared of anybody. At this point if come up against some of the best countries in the world and some of the best players in the world, then if you want to go far in a competition, you have to beat these teams." England's World Cup chances - The Expert View 1302: It would be remiss of me not to point you in the direction of some fabulous content on our site revolving around the World Cup. I might mention this a few times - a chat with some BBC Sport pundits about England's hopes at the tournament. Here's Lee Dixon on Fabio Capello: "I think he's done a brilliant job, the qualification was virtually faultless. He's instilled a discipline in the team, they know who the boss is and they look forward to training, which is a great frame of mind to be in. He's given us a great opportunity to do well in the forthcoming World Cup." 1259: It could be an omen - and it could mean nothing at all. But, in the three dress rehearsals for today's draw, England have been paired with Australia three times. The last time England played the Socceroos, they lost 3-1 in a friendly at Upton Park in 2003 - Australia's first ever win over the English (at football). From Kundi, via text on +44 7786200666: "Finally! An international text number! My name is Kundi and I'm from South Africa, Johannesburg. I'm especially excited cos I've got three tickets to the World Cup and want to know the teams I'll get to watch. Oh, plus South Africa will level the ODI series today." 1252: I've just been told this is the first ever World Cup that has no debutants, which is a brilliant fact. For those Slovakian/Serbian pedants amongst you, I'm sticking with it. It's also got every single past World Cup winner in the mixer. I'm so excited I keep having to remind myself to breathe. 1248: Charlize Theron, the South Africa-born actress who will co-host the draw, says that holding the World Cup will be a "magical moment" for her country. "I think everyone who is South African is so proud at this moment and glad to be alive at this period in our history," the Oscar-winner told Fifa.com. 1245: The World Cup does strange things to people. I mean, look at me - it's taken over my entire life already. The BBC's Magazine takes a look at just how the biggest tournament on earth can turn a nation on its head. 1243: The Ivory Coast are considered Africa's best hope for next summer by many pundits. Their captain, Chelsea's Didier Drogba, told the BBC: "I'm excited, but I'm also a little bit scared. In the last World Cup, we faced Argentina, Holland and Serbia, so it was really difficult." He said facing England this time would be "not good at all, because they are strong and have a big chance to go far". From BaldwinBoy5 on 606: "In the practice draw Charlize Theron pulled out France and read out Ireland. Beautiful and hilarious. The perfect woman?" 1236: Wasn't England's qualification brilliant? If you, like me, enjoyed every single minute as Fabio Capello marched his adopted country to the World Cup finals, then why not relive the campaign by watching the highlights? Enjoy. 1233: Many South Africans are said to be worried about their team's prospects. Currently ranked 86th in the world, they have won just one match out of 11 since June, against Madagascar. But Mark Fish, the former South African captain, told the BBC he wants the supporters to be positive. "It's important that we just get behind our national team. The team hasn't changed much, it's still the same players - I think the commitment has just changed," he said. From El_MUERkO on Twitter: "I'd love England to get France and then stuff them so badly that Platini's hair falls out... can you tell I'm Irish?" From Benjabi on 606: "I'm in Copenhagen with a German, a Spaniard and of course some Danes. All watching with interest. Why the hell have you started the live updates five hours before it starts?" From DinefwrShark, via text on 81111: "Just spotted Rafael van der Vaart outside Goodison Park... have I got the right day?" 1221: Let's see what you've got for starters, then... 1220: It was never going to be an easy ride today, was it? The first World Cup draw on the continent was temporarily rocked this morning after a hoax bomb threat was made outside the draw. BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce is in South Africa and is tweeting all the latest from Cape Town. 1216: There's an added boost, too, for those of you who are keen to add an international flavour to proceedings. If you're outside the UK, you can send your texts to +44 7786 200666 and we will receive them as we will the 81111 ones from the UK. Happy days. 1214: I know I say this every time, but it has rarely been so important that you get in touch with the main event still easily five-plus hours away. Is my desperation too obvious? These, my friends, are the ways for you to missive your thoughts: I'm right here on Twitter. Right here. You can send texts to 81111. Get thumbing. Wouldn't you know it, I've started a thread on 606? 1209: Good, because there's another 340-odd minutes before the draw even gets under way - and we know how these things can be dragged out by now. Cape Town is our venue, there are a host of celebrities involved, and by this evening, the world will have gone wallchart mental. 1205: According to the Fifa website, there are 188 days, nine hours and 55 minutes to go until the World Cup kicks off in South Africa on 11 June. Today, we will find out the eight groups of four, but not until about 1745 GMT. Can you wait just a little bit longer? 1200: I don't know about you, but when I was a little boy, the World Cup seemed like the most magical occasion on Earth. As a five-year-old, watching Diego Maradona produce football from another planet was like living in a dream. Today, that dream starts to become a reality for the 32 countries that will compete at South Africa 2010. A very, very warm welcome to the draw for the World Cup finals.

Easy groups : C - England H- Spain Group of Death D - Germany, Ivory Coast and Portugal.. I hope portugal gets fked..
Are you always this stupid ? :whack: Group G = group of death Brazil North Korea Ivory Coast Portugal Captain Didier FTW B->

Socceroos in a slightly tougher group than last time: Germany ~ Brazil Serbia ~ Croatia Ghana >>> Japan Serbia topped their qualifying group (which I think included France), and have many technically excellent players. Ghana have flair and physicality, and will almost be playing at home. Germany is Germany - triple world champions, enormous experience in the big European leagues and championships. If we get through it will be in second place (Germany will win the group), and a possible Round of 16 match up with...England! :D Frogs in a soft group - should get through with Mexico. Sooooo hope they eff it up somehow, though. :pray: Domenech is an idiot. Next year will be the 40th anniversary of Brazil's 1970 win. Reminds me of the old joke - there are three types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.