What will SriLanka be without Murali...

I think Slanka will go from ordinary to mediocre once Murali hangs his boots... a high % of their wins at a few abroad were because of this one man (with support from Vaas).. with both of them gone, and Mendis mystery solved.. i think Slanka is staring down the barrel.. they will soon get thrashed by all and sundry.. Once they lose this 2nd spot they are holding today, they will not even come close to it, for a long time to come... discuss..

India has good bench strength both in batting and fast bowling department... i don't think we'll suddenly become a mediocre team once those 3 retire.. i think we'll slowly phase them out.. gangs and kumbs retired last year.. but we havent done badly after that.. even after vvs, rd, srt retire viru, gambo, dhoni will still be around to guide the team.. murali has shown promise.. with guys like pujara waiting.. we'll definitely be able to cope with the loss of the greats.. coming to OP - where will lanka end up after murali quits??

India has good bench strength both in batting and fast bowling department... i don't think we'll suddenly become a mediocre team once those 3 retire.. i think we'll slowly phase them out.. gangs and kumbs retired last year.. but we havent done badly after that.. even after vvs, rd, srt retire viru, gambo, dhoni will still be around to guide the team.. murali has shown promise.. with guys like pujara waiting.. we'll definitely be able to cope with the loss of the greats.. coming to OP - where will lanka end up after murali quits??
I don't see what strength are you talking about in our bowling department. Ishant has lost the mojo he carried in Australia, RP singh + IKP have lost their ability to swing the ball, Munaf is just being himself who would pick the ball up, run like an idiot and bowl like a retard (no effort at all). Whereas other upcoming 'pacemen' are untested in international arena and god knows how they will fare if given a chance. Our hopes are tightly pinned on Sree and Zak's form, if they lose the steam we might be heading towards complete chaos where our batsman would be chasing more than 300 on more often than not basis or even a target of 320 would not be suffice for us to win. Batting was never a problem for us and it shouldn't be in near future too. Once our MO trinity hang up their boots we will blood youngsters with the likes of Pujara, Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Tiwary, Dhawan, Vijay (high chances of him being casted in MO role as GG + VS partnership won't be fiddled with).
I don't see what strength are you talking about in our bowling department. Ishant has lost the mojo he carried in Australia' date=' RP singh + IKP have lost their ability to swing the ball, Munaf is just being himself who would pick the ball up, run like an idiot and bowl like a retard (no effort at all). Whereas other upcoming 'pacemen' are untested in international arena and god knows how they will fare if given a chance. Our hopes are tightly pinned on[b'] Sree and Zak's form, if they lose the steam we might be heading towards complete chaos where our batsman would be chasing more than 300 on more often than not basis or even a target of 320 would not be suffice for us to win. Batting was never a problem for us and it shouldn't be in near future too. Once our MO trinity hang up their boots we will blood youngsters with the likes of Pujara, Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Tiwary, Dhawan, Vijay (high chances of him being casted in MO role as GG + VS partnership won't be fiddled with).
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Sreesanth comes back after 18 months and gets a 5-fer and immediately you are forgetting what Ishant has been doing in the year before.. my point is.. we are not depending on just one or two bowlers.. when a bowler gets injured or goes out of form, we have someone else putting his h ands up and performing... when Zak was injured, we had the emergence of Ishant.. now when Ishnt is out of form, we have Sree coming back with a bang.. so it will go on.. Ishant will come back strongly... and we might even unearth a new sensation in sudeep tyagi And BTw.. did i read the order right? are you really placing No-hit sharma in contention for a test slot, ahead of Vijay? you must be insane.. if had read this first, i wudnt have bothered to reply in length to your comments on bowling dept.

what will india be without tendulkar and dravid, already missing the legend kumble. what all am trying to say, it will still remain sri lanka, every team rebuilds and let their players settle into certain position before dominating in cricket. for example India is number 1, why?... well because it has luxury openers and a strong middle order, and when your middle order disappears then you might be having diffficulties. but for now everything is balanced for india. another example(maybe you may not agree with me) is pakistan, bowling is doing its job, its batting which is being cause of decline of our performance, and when we have good top order(god knows when) or atleast good oppener then middle order will do well without any difficulties. in this case i think mendis will take his time, and may turn out to be next wonder but a improved one.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Sreesanth comes back after 18 months and gets a 5-fer and immediately you are forgetting what Ishant has been doing in the year before.. my point is.. we are not depending on just one or two bowlers.. when a bowler gets injured or goes out of form, we have someone else putting his h ands up and performing... when Zak was injured, we had the emergence of Ishant.. now when Ishnt is out of form, we have Sree coming back with a bang.. so it will go on.. Ishant will come back strongly... and we might even unearth a new sensation in sudeep tyagi And BTw.. did i read the order right? are you really placing No-hit sharma in contention for a test slot, ahead of Vijay? you must be insane.. if had read this first, i wudnt have bothered to reply in length to your comments on bowling dept.
Umm, you should have realized that I threw the names in the mix as potential contenders as our MO batsmen and not in any order of preference.
what will india be without tendulkar and dravid' date=' already missing the legend kumble. [/quote'] We've won all three series since Kumble (and Ganguly) retired, you schmuck. Harbhajan destroyed New Zealand in New Zealand, while Mishra (against Aussies) and Ojha (against Lankans) have played their part.
We've won all three series since Kumble (and Ganguly) retired' date=' you schmuck. Harbhajan destroyed New Zealand in New Zealand, while Mishra (against Aussies) and Ojha (against Lankans) have played their part.[/quote'] ok so you dont miss them, thats fine, india is a balanced side, but once something start going wrong then even harbhajan wont rescue you, it;s all confidence they get from batsman, when batting fails then bwling department like yours will be under belt
ok so you dont miss them' date=' thats fine, india is a balanced side, but once something start going wrong then even harbhajan wont rescue you, it;s all confidence they get from batsman, when batting fails then bwling department like yours will be under belt[/quote'] everything can fail once in a while itz the consistnecy that counts...........
ok so you dont miss them' date=' thats fine, india is a balanced side, but once something start going wrong then even harbhajan wont rescue you, it;s all confidence they get from batsman, when batting fails then bwling department like yours will be under belt[/quote'] In life, anything can happen, yes. Some day, Indian batsmen might start failing. Some day, Pakistan might start winning Tests consistently. Not much point dealing in hypotheticals.