Mashrafe Mortaza???

I found his cricket play similar to that of Abdul Razaq of pakistan his role in Bangla team is bit similar to that of Razaq of pak.. comes down the order, is good hitter, and can bowl too.. one of the best bowler in Bangla team.. Just 23 now.. good prospect.. what u all reckon???

Re: Mashrafe Mortaza??? He clobbered India's bowling attack during the 2005 tour as well. Two scores of 30+ in the last two ODI's of that 3 match series, and he hit plenty of sixes. The guy can definitely hit boundaries and is far better than your average tailender. I wouldn't call him an all-rounder but he certainly has the ability to become one over time.

Re: Mashrafe Mortaza??? I quite liked his bowling yesterday, his figures will not really show the true picture of how well he bowled in the slog overs. I have to say he has more variations than any of the Indian fast bowlers. The lad hazs several good slower balls and the Indian tail had no clue how to play him. Early on he troubled Sehwag and Dhoni. Twice Dhoni edged Mushrafe to the slips but both fell short of slips. Gambhir upset his rythm of course. Most of the four balls he bowled was to Gambhir. I wouldn?t call him prospect as he already is a very good one. BTW Bangladesh wins 45% of the times he plays and win about 6% of the times when he doesn?t play.

Re: Mashrafe Mortaza???

I quite liked his bowling yesterday' date=' his figures will not really show the true picture of how well he bowled in the slog overs. I have to say he has more variations than any of the Indian fast bowlers. The lad hazs several good slower balls and the Indian tail had no clue how to play him. Early on he troubled Sehwag and Dhoni. Twice Dhoni edged Mushrafe to the slips but both fell short of slips. Gambhir upset his rythm of course. Most of the four balls he bowled was to Gambhir. I wouldn?t call him prospect as he already is a very good one. BTW Bangladesh wins 45% of the times he plays and win about 6% of the times when he doesn?t play.[/quote'] He can be quite dangerous with the new ball as well. He rocked the Australian and English top orders in the past, and can make those early breakthroughs. Easily the best cricketer they have, IMO.

Re: Mashrafe Mortaza??? Tamim no doubt, but Ashraful is a Ashrafool. talented he is but he's got no brains, no fukin brains at all. I have seen that guy leave a yorker and get LBW! Can you dig that!.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say Rafique and Bashar are more important to Bangladesh than Mashrafe. Ashraful & Tamim are monstrously talented with the bat too.
Bashar is a worthless piece of *****. He shouldn't even be in the team, given how awful his form has been lately. Ashraful scores once in a blue moon and Tamim hasn't been around for long enough. Mashrafe is their best player by far and their most consistent performer. The way Bashar started yesterday you could be mistaken he was playing a timeless test match.Looks like getting some runs against his name was foremost on his mind. He had no thoughts of getting to the target. Sure he played few excellent shots but you could see he was pretty selfish. A captain when gets selfish does no favours to his team.
Guest dada_rocks

Tamim no doubt, but Ashraful is a Ashrafool. talented he is but he's got no brains, no ***** brains at all. I have seen that guy leave a yorker and get LBW! Can you dig that!.

Tamim no doubt, but Ashraful is a Ashrafool. talented he is but he's got no brains, no ***** brains at all. I have seen that guy leave a yorker and get LBW! Can you dig that!.
tsk tsk I have seen certain someoe from across the border ducking on yorker length ball and get hs leg stump uprooted. i think u have seen that spectacle too Don. :lmao:
This one beats all those [video width=400 height=350:ea20351e93]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdWQmi3Tf8