Tamim dropped from Test squad

King

Tamim dropped from Test squad May 12, 2007 18:11 IST Veteran wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud will make a Test comeback after he was named in the Bangladesh squad on Saturday for the two-match series against India. Mashud makes his way back into the Test team after being overlooked for the one-day internationals for the young Mushfiqur Rahim. The selectors believe that Mashud's experience will serve them well in Test matches. Another notable absentee is dashing opener Tamim Iqbal, who impressed with his batting at the World Cup and in the ongoing one-day series. The other players making their way in the Test side are Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Tushar Imran, Enamul Haque (Jr.) and Mehrah Hossain (Jr.). The two-match series starts with the first Test at Chittagong between May 18-22, while the second Test will be played in Dhaka from May 25-29. Squad: Habibul Bashar (captain), Mohammad Ashraful (vice-captain), Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees, Saqibul Hasan, Rajin Saleh, Tushar Imran, Khaled Mashud (wicketkeeper), Mohammad Rafique, Enamul Haque (Jr.), Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel, Mehrab Hossain (Jr.).

Re: Tamim dropped from Test squad They have earmarked him as an ODI player. I think it's a good move. Shahriar Nafees had a good series vs AUS at home and Javed Omar can occupy the crease for long periods of time, as is required in the longer version of the game. Banglastan's middle order is fragile and they need a solid opening combination to have any chance of matching India's totals.

Re: Tamim dropped from Test squad tamim doesnt have class... the kid jus knows to hop down the track and swipe at everything.... his cover-drives are a lil decent, but on tracks with movement, they are going nowhere but to the slips.... he needs to put on some meat and some brains...

Re: Tamim dropped from Test squad

tamim doesnt have class... the kid jus knows to hop down the track and swipe at everything.... his cover-drives are a lil decent' date=' but on tracks with movement, they are going nowhere but to the slips.... he needs to put on some meat and some brains...[/quote'] He is very good for a 17 year old though.

Re: Tamim dropped from Test squad

why has Tamin been such a conversation subject among indiancricket fans ??
I like his daring attitude in ODIs. He is fearless to take on any bowler. In a limited overs game, it works, but not in tests. So good for BD. I like the way they are progressing. I also heard that they had a cricketing director in board, along with administrative department. How I wish our board could learn something from them. I have no doubt that Bangladesh is going to progress rapidly in cricket.

Re: Tamim dropped from Test squad well him might have some class and elegancy in his play, but he has not produced any long innings till now... he hasn't been consistent.. even though he has opened everytime... he surely is elegant but then u gotta score runs too.. he needs to score some runs and then only he should be given a run in test..

Re: Tamim dropped from Test squad In ODI 4 flashers and 3 blockers MIGHT do that trick. That is the mix BD has right now so on a good day they can and will continue causing upsets in ODIs. However in tests you have to groom players. It would take a player like tamim 3-4 yrs to become a solid test opener ie if by then bowlers round the world havent figured out how to get him out. BD isnt grooming players for future. Once Bashar, rafeeq retires this lot of BD will be a rudderless ship. Young BD players behavior towards their senior is nothing to write about plus none have shown any kind of maturity to step up. The little success they have found has already gone to there head with no senior to overlook these young BD players will be uncontrollably, each doing what they want. Unless they can find a mature player to lead this group, I don't see BD cricket going anywhere for the next 5 yrs.