The irony of it all

cowboysfan

most of the country could care less about test cricket but we are no 1 right now.T20 is all the craze and we are the 8th best team in te world,even the banglescan give us a run for our monry.our bowling and fielding have dropped off astronomically.the sad thing thing is there is no cure for our bowling.

most of the country could care less about test cricket but we are no 1 right now.T20 is all the craze and we are the 8th best team in te world' date='even the banglescan give us a run for our monry.our bowling and fielding have dropped off astronomically.the sad thing thing is there is no cure for our bowling.[/quote'] T20 is all the craze? Where in Texas? Please, you assume too much. Not even the players care that much about T20. You go ask Sangakarra whether he would prefer to win his first test match in India or win his first T20? Suckers just buy into the hype.
I have to say that some of these "cant be bothered" type responses here resonate the Paki reaction on IPL.
What's your point? We start mourning over becoming the number one Test nation on the planet because we lost a T20 match? Maybe for people like you some random T20I's may be important, but for real cricket fans they are pretty meaningless.

T20 craze is fleeting at best. I might watch and enjoy some vulgar 6s and 4s. BUT when I see the Calcutta 2001 scorecard a small tear wells up in my eye and a smile ensues. I am certain for many cricket fans the feeling is identical. BCCI will listen to Tendulkar and Sehwag and justice will be done to Tests.

Harbhajan, Zak missing should be an indication of how seriously India takes this format. I agree with Dhoni about using this as a warm up. But don't tell me they used this as a warm up for fielding also. T20 certainly requires different bowling skills and batting skills. But fielding skills don't change regardless of the format. We suck at this format just like Australia.

Harbhajan, Zak missing should be an indication of how seriously India takes this format. I agree with Dhoni about using this as a warm up. But don't tell me they used this as a warm up for fielding also. T20 certainly requires different bowling skills and batting skills. But fielding skills don't change regardless of the format. We suck at this format just like Australia.
this is just a cop out.the same bowling and fielding crap has been happening in the odis.these bowlers have no clue what to do when the batsmen attacks them.I am not hoping for a great world cup performance which is sad because Sachin is really hoping it will be his swan song.
this is just a cop out.the same bowling and fielding crap has been happening in the odis.these bowlers have no clue what to do when the batsmen attacks them.I am not hoping for a great world cup performance which is sad because Sachin is really hoping it will be his swan song.
That is what i said. We suck at this format. No excuse. We are worse than most of the teams. But i honestly don't care as long as it doesn't affect their Test form. They can be absolutely trashiest of the trashiest of teams in this format. We are ranked 1 in test. 2nd in ODIs. Hope they maintain that ranking.
Good' date=' next time try not to give gyan to other posters and be a little less presumptious.[/quote'] I couldn't care a jot if you think I am presumptuous - your opinion and you are of course entitled to it, just as I am to mine. Just saying there is no need to resort to sheer abuse as you did in your post.

Why shouldn't one give importance to T20 ? It's a format where our team is representing India and any mediocre show put on by them has to be bemoaned. Sure, tests are off more importance but we cannot be hiding our faces behind a curtain just because "we do not prefer T20's over tests". ICC has approved of this format and brought it in the international arena where all the teams participating in it have to play with the same pride as they do in any other format. We got to get our team selection upto the mark in T20 because we have been carrying useless players in form of Rohit, Yusuf, Ojha, and now Dinda (:WTF:). I don't know how could any one in their correct senses think about getting YKP over IKP. Rohit has to be replaced by Robin Uthappa. For the upcoming world t20 event, I would like to see this playing XI: Sehwag GG Raina UV Robin MSD (DO NOT PROMOTE YOURSELF UP THE ORDER! No matter what the situation is :mad:) IKP Jadeja (in the team for his baaaling) Bhajji Sree Zak

That is what i said. We suck at this format. No excuse. We are worse than most of the teams. But i honestly don't care as long as it doesn't affect their Test form. They can be absolutely trashiest of the trashiest of teams in this format. We are ranked 1 in test. 2nd in ODIs. Hope they maintain that ranking.
i cant feel that way,never.these guys are still representing the country and the number of t20s will surely go up.i want them to do well or stop playing.You are just insulting a lot of fans by halfassing it.