The irony of it all

cowboysfan

Why is it hard to believe that lot of fans don't really care about this T20 outcome. Why are they automatically labelled as pretenders. I followed intensely. I cursed our players when they dropped catches, failed to accelerate etc. But at the end of the day this loss means zilch. Any team can be thumped around in this format. My only anger is because we pay so much attention to IPL and crap yet we lose. Instead of paying attention to that crap if we pay attention to more Tests atleast we would see more of our famous middle order batsmen. I don't even know how long Sachin/Dravid/Laxman can play.

Why is it hard to believe that lot of fans don't really care about this T20 outcome. Why are they automatically labelled as pretenders. I followed intensely. I cursed our players when they dropped catches, failed to accelerate etc. But at the end of the day this loss means zilch. Any team can be thumped around in this format. My only anger is because we pay so much attention to IPL and crap yet we lose. Instead of paying attention to that crap if we pay attention to more Tests atleast we would see more of our famous middle order batsmen. I don't even know how long Sachin/Dravid/Laxman can play.
What's the point of following a game when the result means absolute nothing to you ? I might be wrong but isn't that waste of time ? Your outburst regarding IPL is totally valid but you turning that towards international T20 is kind of confusing because IPL is a domestic structure that is killing our future test prospects and international t20's have absolutely nothing to do with it.
i cant feel that way' date='never.these guys are still representing the country and the number of t20s will surely go up.i want them to do well or[b'] stop playing.You are just insulting a lot of fans by halfassing it.
That is a good suggestion. We can never be good in this format anymore unless we fix our bowling issue. In one dayers you can get away as batsmen have better chance to bail out. In T20 no chance. We are a poor side. We will continue to be a poor side unless bowling improves. I don't speak for other fans. I don't give a rats ass about the outcome any T20 let alone a warm up T20.
What's the point of following a game when the result means absolute nothing to you ? I might be wrong but isn't that waste of time ? Your outburst regarding IPL is totally valid but you turning that towards international T20 is kind of confusing because IPL is a domestic structure that is killing our future test prospects and international t20's have absolutely nothing to do with it.
I wanted to see sixes and fours . That's it IPL T20 is supposed to improve something . Unfortunately India sucks at the very format IPL embraces. So it is a failure. Why persisting something that is a failure.
Why is it hard to believe that lot of fans don't really care about this T20 outcome. Why are they automatically labelled as pretenders. I followed intensely. I cursed our players when they dropped catches' date=' failed to accelerate etc. But at the end of the day this loss means zilch. [b']Any team can be thumped around in this format. My only anger is because we pay so much attention to IPL and crap yet we lose. Instead of paying attention to that crap if we pay attention to more Tests atleast we would see more of our famous middle order batsmen. I don't even know how long Sachin/Dravid/Laxman can play.
do you honestly believe that?.good bowling wins you t20 matches,just check the last world cup.our bowling has been crap in both ODIs and t20s for a while now.we have been saved by our batsmen in a lot of games but in tournaments we cant sustain it as our bowlers fail every match and one bad batting performance is enough to knock you out of the tournament.This team needs a bowling coach who can teach our bowlers the art of bowling in limited overs cricket.
do you honestly believe that?.good bowling wins you t20 matches' date='just check the last world cup.our bowling has been crap in both ODIs and t20s for a while now.we have been saved by our batsmen in a lot of games but in tournaments we cant sustain it as our bowlers fail every match and one bad batting performance is enough to knock you out of the tournament.This team needs a bowling coach who can teach our bowlers the art of bowling in limited overs cricket.[/quote'] Our bowlers are not good at bowling yorkers at will. Even those who are capable can be hit around. Look what happened to Malinga. Brett Lee gave away like 60 runs in 4 overs against West Indies in the world T20. It can happen due to the attacking mindset of batsmen in a T20 scenario. Having said that padosis bowling unit do well in T20s better than other teams. Especially spin bowling unitl.
Dhoni + Yuvraj + Rohit = 18 runs = 24 balls (Exactly 75 strike rate by each one) 4 overs 18 runs. India managed 168 in the remaining 16 overs. At that rate India would have scored 210 runs.
Dhoni was at fault for Tuk Tuk.But i wont balme Yuvi coz he has been consistent.But this Rohit Sharma is utter crap!!
Dhoni was at fault for Tuk Tuk.But i wont balme Yuvi coz he has been consistent.But this Rohit Sharma is utter crap!!
Dhoni has to get going from ball 1. this tuk tuk settling down doesn't work in T20. Before you blink 4 overs will be gone. He talked about this consolidation crap in T20 world cup. Again he is doing the same. What is there to consolidate.
Dhoni has to get going from ball 1. this tuk tuk settling down doesn't work in T20. Before you blink 4 overs will be gone. He talked about this consolidation crap in T20 world cup. Again he is doing the same. What is there to consolidate.
I agree..when we are chasing over 200 i wont let a Dhoni with dis attitude come at No.3!!
agree 100%.there is such thing as consolidation in t20.he is kiiling our chances by promoting himself,it might work in odis but not in t20s.raina is the perfect no 3 in t20s.
It was absurd decision to promote himself up the order because India was going at a terrific RR and Raina would have ensured we kept going that way. Why the eff would you "consolidate" when the target is next to impossible and it requires you to throw your bat at everything thrown at you :dontknow:. I really hate Dhoni's tactics in T20 format and half of his decisions have cost India matches they look like winning. During the entire World twenty20 outing he kept himself at #3 and did jack with a SR of <80 :mad:.
this is just a cop out.the same bowling and fielding crap has been happening in the odis.these bowlers have no clue what to do when the batsmen attacks them.I am not hoping for a great world cup performance which is sad because Sachin is really hoping it will be his swan song.
Whatever. The real Indian team humiliated Sri Lanka in back to back ODI series IN lanka only a few months ago and only a few days ago the Test Team outclassed and destroyed the Lankans. But I guess all of that means nothing and we should worry about the world cup because we lost one T20 match. :hysterical:
i wonder what some of you who claim "you don't care about T20s" were posting after we won the inaugural world T-20. just curious.
THAT was totally different. 1. It was the first time a T20 International tournament was being held, hence the curiosity. 2. It was a chance to see all the young Indian cricketers in action. 3. The first time to see Dhoni's captaincy in a tournament. 4. The Pitches actually made for compelling action (Remember how RP Singh swung and demolished South Africa?) 5. We faced Drugistan in the finals. So yes for all of those reasons it was fresh, and compelling. Now it's just gone into overkill the same way if we got to see dozens upon dozens of test matches being played in one calendar year. :finger:
Whatever. The real Indian team humiliated Sri Lanka in back to back ODI series IN lanka only a few months ago and only a few days ago the Test Team outclassed and destroyed the Lankans. But I guess all of that means nothing and we should worry about the world cup because we lost one T20 match. :hysterical:
Fontaine, what does T20 have to do anything with Tests and ODI's :dontknow: ? How can you lot ignore our shoddy performance in this format and throw a stat related to ODI's/Tests :hmmm:. Sure IPL is hurting our chances, but what does T20i have to do with that ? We surely sound like sore losers when we say "we do not care about t20's because we are #1 in tests". I maybe not smart enough to pick the relation out between our test ranking and t20s.
Fontaine' date=' what does T20 have to do anything with Tests and ODI's :dontknow: ? How can you lot ignore our shoddy performance in this format and throw a stat related to ODI's/Tests :hmmm:. Sure IPL is hurting our chances, but what does T20i have to do with that ? We surely sound like sore losers when we say "we do not care about t20's because we are #1 in tests". I maybe not smart enough to pick the relation out between our test ranking and t20s.[/quote'] Exactly T20 has nothing to do with Tests and ODI's. I was responding to cowboysfan's post where he was concerned about the ODI World Cup which might be SRT's last tournament because our fielding/bowling sucked today. As if Dinda/Ishant/Nehra were ever going to be the bowlers in that ODI tournament! :cantstop: