Australia vs Pakistan in Australia, 2009-10

iHammad

Link: http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/21160/we-can-beat-aussies-at-their-home-malik We can beat Aussies at their home: Malik Karachi, Sat, Oct 31 2009 Shoaib Malik feels that world champions Australia are no longer invincible. [© AFP] Shoaib Malik feels that world champions Australia are no longer invincible.[© AFP]Shoaib Malik said that world champions Australia are no longer invincible after the retirement of "great players" and hence Pakistan can beat them in their own den in the upcoming Test series. "I am quiet confident we can beat them because there is no doubt Australia have become weakened after the retirements of great players like Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer" "This is visible from their performances since last year and I think Pakistan has its best chance to beat them for the first time in a Test series in their own backyard," Malik said, during a TV talk show before the team left for Abu Dhabi to play their one-day series against New Zealand. After next month's battle against the Kiwis, Pakistan will travel to Australia in December for the Test and one-day series. Malik also felt Pakistan would emerge a much improved side after their tour to Australia because of the exposure players would get by playing in tough conditions. "When India came to Pakistan in 2004 after touring Australia they were a changed side and this showed in their attitude. Similarly when we went to India in 2005 after having been to Australia we were a much improved side with more self-belief in ourselves," he said. The all-rounder said beating Australia in a Test series on their own grounds was a burning ambition for him. "If we can achieve this I would be the happiest man because it would be a big moment of my cricket career," Malik said. He also made it clear that there were no differences in the Pakistan team now, the players back skipper Younus Khan and this would show in the coming series against New Zealand and Australia. Malik, 27, is also keen to improve upon his Test record. "Definitely I want to improve my record in Test cricket because that is the real challenge. I want to bring it at par with my performances in one-day matches. The coming series represent a big challenge for me to do this," Malik, who has played just 26 Tests compared to his 185 one-dayers, said. Malik said that doing well against arch-rivals India has always brought more benefits for a player. "It is not that I have only performed well against India but such is the intensity of our matches that if you do well in an Indo-Pak match people tend to remember it for a long time and also appreciate you more for it." He said that he had enjoyed scoring a century against India in the Champions Trophy but he would not say it was his best innings.

Pakistan is an unpredictable side. But when they play Australia , there is nothing unpredictable. since the days of Akram, Younis, Saqlain. India won a test with the bowling of Irfan Pathan, RP singh, then debutant Ishant. Let us see how their "taulents" deliver. Only advantage for Pakistan is Australian pitches have slowed down considerably except Brisbane Gabba.

Mannnnnnnn !!!!!! apne padosi beat zimbs, bangls etc at home...celebrate their suc-cess with red-bull and then feel so high that they av started day dreaming now. luk, even for India, yh itz not easy for even india to beat aussies in oz (not impossible !) bt they r still a very gud side wen playing at home. i believe it will be hard for pak to even win a single odi in oz

There's no harm in saying anything right? I am really really excited about the upcoming series. I am pretty sure Pakistan will beat both New Zealand and Australia. We will actually white wash them. Have been doing that to NZ for decade and will do it for the first time against Australia in Australia. Go Pakistan!!!

There's no harm in saying anything right? I am really really excited about the upcoming series. I am pretty sure Pakistan will beat both New Zealand and Australia. We will actually white wash them. Have been doing that to NZ for decade and will do it for the first time against Australia in Australia. Go Pakistan!!!
Are you just hoping or are you being serious? Do you want me to remind you of Aus Vs Pak record in the recent past, you know what -- I will spare you that heartache. And it is not like Pakis are whooping everyboy's ***** in Test Macthes of late either.
Are you just hoping or are you being serious? Do you want me to remind you of Aus Vs Pak record in the recent past, you know what -- I will spare you that heartache. And it is not like Pakis are whooping everyboy's ***** in Test Macthes of late either.
Your record against the Aussies isn`t something to boast of either In ODI`s India vs Aus Played Won Lost NR Tie 100 34 58 8 0 Pakistan vs Aus Played Won Lost NR Tie 80 29 47 3 1 So you guys played 20 more matches against Aus than us and managed to win only a meagre 5 more. Yeah right :haha: