Australia killing test cricket with their flat pitches.

**** you're a bunch of sad sacks.. pretty immature thread. India in India: Won: 69 Lost: 48 Tied: 1 Drawn: 104 (46% draws) Australia in Australia: Won: 206 Lost: 90 Tied: 1 Drawn: 71 (18% draws) I mean seriously, who are more obsessed with Ponting, Indians or Australians? I'm leaning towards Indians.

Hey mate, none of Ganguly, Kumble, Dravid, or Dhoni went to the press and complained about the amount of test match draws anywhere else in the world. Ponting felt the need to express disappointment at the # of draws in the subcontinent, despite Australia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan all losing their last test series in India. South Africa drew it. New Zealand haven't played here in a long time, and oh, btw, at Napier, the pitch was shiny earlier this march. How come we dont hear the Aussie captain complaining?

**** you're a bunch of sad sacks.. pretty immature thread. India in India: Won: 69 Lost: 48 Tied: 1 Drawn: 104 (46% draws) Australia in Australia: Won: 206 Lost: 90 Tied: 1 Drawn: 71 (18% draws) I mean seriously, who are more obsessed with Ponting, Indians or Australians? I'm leaning towards Indians.
So by the same yardstick, both Australia and India had equally good pitches in the 1990s? Both countries has 25% drawn tests at home in that decade. Your stats add nothing to the discussion. You've always had the better team with miles better bowling, with the ability to take the pitch out of the equation, leading to results. Our bowling for most part has been mediocre resulting in higher % of draws. The better way to look at this is to take a look at the average scores in each innings of a test. By your logic, Bangladesh must have the best pitches in the world because there's a result everytime.

Obviously the amount of results isn't a perfect indicator of pitch quality, but you don't have to be a cricketing genius to know that it is harder to take wickets on flat tracks on the subcontinent than in bouncier and quickers wickets downunder. Ponting isn't the first to criticise subcontinental wickets and won't be the last. I can only treat this thread as being tongue in cheek though. Anyway Windies fall short of the follow on mark, hardly a bat fest. By the way, Ponting wasn't targeting India. What about the Pakistan-Sri Lanka seires which had the highest average partnership per wicket ever. Surely the pitch had something to do with that?

fact is a good team scores enough runs and has enough time to take 20 wickets .. australian teams undisputedly had best balance and they managed more wins .. so india had a good balanced team and they won 2 matches and pitch dint matter .. current aus team cant get 20 wickets on a flat bed .. pitches all over are same .. in india we cant prepare seam wickets but we can prepare spin wickets .. but again some ppl have prob with that ..
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/team/2.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1;opposition=1;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results;type=team http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/team/2.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;home_or_away=3;opposition=1;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results;type=team Draws: Australia in Australia (in 2000s): 9/53 Australia away (in 2000s): 9/54 90s home: 14/56 away: 15/51 80s home: 20/54 away: 18/43 70s home: 8/44 away: 16/39 60s home: 12/30 away: 17/37 50s home: 3/25 away: 13/32 It's only in the 50s-70s are the %ages too different. It's basically because of the bowlers are the Aussies seeing results in Australia. It's going to change soon (check 80s).
Obviously the amount of results isn't a perfect indicator of pitch quality, but you don't have to be a cricketing genius to know that it is harder to take wickets on flat tracks on the subcontinent than in bouncier and quickers wickets downunder. Ponting isn't the first to criticise subcontinental wickets and won't be the last.
Results can be obtained from cracked up dustbowls as well as green tops. Why the double standard?
Ponting isn't the first to criticise subcontinental wickets and won't be the last.
With his abysmal record in India can't blame him for taken a pop at the turning pitches of India. Good tactic he is using to try and standardise pitches to suit his one dimensional batting. He also should not request green tops as he has a mediocre record in England as well.

Kind of a silly thread I think, Perth may be flat but it still has enough bounce, also the wicket produces results more often than not. I completely disagree that this wicket was too flat, it was flattish to begin with but now it's starting to behave like a test wicket and a result is possible tomorrow, in fact all 3 are possible, wonderful wicket to be honest. If 3 results are possible starting the 3rd day, it's the ideal surface.

Kind of a silly thread I think' date=' Perth may be flat but it still has enough bounce, also the wicket produces results more often than not. I completely disagree that this wicket was too flat, it was flattish to begin with but now it's starting to behave like a test wicket and a result is possible tomorrow, in fact all 3 are possible, wonderful wicket to be honest. If 3 results are possible starting the 3rd day, it's the ideal surface.[/quote'] You certainly don't have to worry about the pitches in Australia. Because whatever the pitches are, there is only one result possible when you guys tour there.
Kind of a silly thread I think' date=' Perth may be flat but it still has enough bounce, also the wicket produces results more often than not. I completely disagree that this wicket was too flat, it was flattish to begin with but now it's starting to behave like a test wicket and a result is possible tomorrow, in fact all 3 are possible, wonderful wicket to be honest. If 3 results are possible starting the 3rd day, it's the ideal surface.[/quote'] Its only fair, India have games finish on the morning on day 5 and one on day 4 and they get labeled as batting paradises :hmmmm:
16 wickets fell today..
Had that happened in India, pitch would have been labelled substandard and curator would have been reprimanded by BCCI (because Ponting would have fingered ICC's ars3 and in turn ICC would have stuck their finger up BCCI's ars3).