Worst Series India played this decade

Mamu

As good as this decade has been for India, there are two or three series India has played really really bad. Which is the worst ? To Me 1) The WI Series in 2002, India went to WI and lost to a pathetic WI side (not as bad as it now) but still India had a good team. They won the 1st test and went on to lose 2 other tests. Worse yet -- the last test in Jamaica if India could have batted for just 15 more mins -- they would have drawn the series 1 - 1 as rain came after that -- which lasted for 2 days as Zaheer Khan and other tailenders played some really lousy shots. India was opened by the great S S Das(my state mate :-)) -- god what a pathetic player he was!

what about the series in NZ right before WC
That also stands up right there, but it was heavily toss dependent. And india lost both tosses. I do believe the result would have been different if India had won atleast one toss. Also NZ had a great team -- with Bonds, Tuffeys, Orams and Flemmings all 100% fit. They were a damn good team IMO.
^^ both were abroad.. to me, losing a home series to a south african spinner is unpardonable... i'm talking about the 2000 series which we lost of saffers.. thereby losing a home series after 14 long years...
IIRC Tendulkar announced his resignation from captaincy just few days before the start of the series and that had a big impact on the outcome.
I loved that series' date=' Afridi was in full flaw, he won us the banglore test, and then won the three last one dayers... and i also think that loosing this ODI sries to australia wass not quit acceptable...
So true!! BTW Afretard didnt won u the last 3 match. It was Inzi and ur bowlers.
Afridi played a major part in it... The 102 was the best one day innings i saw... and even in the two other matches he performed beautufully.... and also the banglore test...
Bangalore test he got a 50 only !! [May be am wrong] the 102 u are talking abt...yes he did well there!! But i don remember any other performance :dontknow: