SA missed a good chance to win

champ

SA declared and set a score of 360 odd to win .. i personally dint feel then that it was a good declaration although many were saying it was sporting one .. no way english men with their set of batsmen and on that pitch would have scored that much .. they were trying to save the match from the 1st ball .. the captains need to be more aggresive and go for broke .. SA should have been 1 up by now .. ur thoughts ??

I thought Smith was a lil emotionally bound and bowled Ntini in the final over. Yes' date=' it would have been dramatic if Ntini had picked a wicket but I can't find any reason behind Smith's preference of Ntini over Paul Harris/ de Wet who was on a four-for.[/quote'] but it was just last over .. if smith had done things better .. it would have not gone to that stage itsself ..
i think the declaration was fine' date='captains are scared to declare early nowadays.the problem was their slow first innings where they plodded along slowly on a good surface.[/quote'] captains are defensive nowadays .. but why do they apply same yardstick to every pitch .. this had something in it ..