IPL 2010 - News, Views and Opinion thread.

Dirty_South

^Losers of CL 09! :brc: #1 IPL team in CL '09 :two_thumbs_up:!!!
No.1 team :hysterical: :brc: :hysterical::hysterical: This is what happens when one fluke game gets losers onto play Champions league and then get pwned like possies by foreign teams the real deal --> :csk:

most WI players are good because they are all rounders and it helps a lot
IPL contracts will be up for grabs for majority of the T&T players, one question, since you are the resident IPL expert, Is it after this year, that the contracts most of the players expire? Weren't they all handed three year deals? Does it make them all free agents? Unless ofcourse they sew up one before they expire.

IPL contracts will be up for grabs for majority of the T&T players' date=' one question, since you are the resident IPL expert, Is it after this year, that the contracts most of the players expire? Weren't they all handed three year deals? Does it make them all free agents? Unless ofcourse they sew up one before they expire.[/quote'] I am no IPL expert but yes after IPL 3 their monetary contracts would end for the time being as they had three year long contracts.. but I am not sure if they would be free agents.. I dont think the owners would allow their players to leave all of a sudden as that would destroy the team building for all the years.. L Modi always keeps a few clauses and maybe the auction after the end of the three year contracts will be inter-franchises instead of a completely new auction.. otherwise it would hardly make any sense to dismantle teams every 3 years .. the team loyalty would then not work for the players.. let us check what Lalit Modi does On the other hand, Modi has announced that there would be two more IPL teams in 2011 and so maybe there might be open auction too as the pool of players would be limited for the new franchises in case there is a closed auction with only inter-franchise transfers.. I heard Salman, Sanjay Dutt and Ambanis have already shown interest in the new teams but I dont know how the whole auction thing will work out.. if there is an open auction then well established teams like DD, CSK etc. might face big losses while unsuccessful teams like KKR and the two new IPL teams might benefit from it .. only Modi will make the final announcement I think and not sure of anything right now One of the biggest problem now is the domestic talent instead of the international talent. The 7 players per team is not working well as the domestic talent is not upto the mark right now and there is scarcity of 7 decent Indian players for the franchises.. adding of two more teams will make this problem even bigger unless the Indian domestic players try to improve themselves to come at par with international standards

I am no IPL expert but yes after IPL 3 their monetary contracts would end for the time being as they had three year long contracts.. but I am not sure if they would be free agents.. I dont think the owners would allow their players to leave all of a sudden as that would destroy the team building for all the years.. L Modi always keeps a few clauses and maybe the auction after the end of the three year contracts will be inter-franchises instead of a completely new auction.. otherwise it would hardly make any sense to dismantle teams every 3 years .. the team loyalty would then not work for the players.. let us check what Lalit Modi does On the other hand, Modi has announced that there would be two more IPL teams in 2011 and so maybe there might be open auction too as the pool of players would be limited for the new franchises in case there is a closed auction with only inter-franchise transfers.. I heard Salman, Sanjay Dutt and Ambanis have already shown interest in the new teams but I dont know how the whole auction thing will work out.. if there is an open auction then well established teams like DD, CSK etc. might face big losses while unsuccessful teams like KKR and the two new IPL teams might benefit from it .. only Modi will make the final announcement I think and not sure of anything right now One of the biggest problem now is the domestic talent instead of the international talent. The 7 players per team is not working well as the domestic talent is not upto the mark right now and there is scarcity of 7 decent Indian players for the franchises.. adding of two more teams will make this problem even bigger unless the Indian domestic players try to improve themselves to come at par with international standards
was n't the IPL supposed to groom the domestic players by rubbing shoulders with international players .. The 7 player per team rule should stay whether teams lose or not.. more than the entertainment , we need our players benefit from this.

Bangalore snaps up Rilee Roussouw Hyderabad, Oct 18, DHNS: One of the many positive fall-outs of the Champions League is the opportunity it presents young cricketers to meet and learn from some of the all-time greats. Rilee Roussouw, roped in by Royal Challengers Bangalore for IPL III, said the finest thing that happened to him during the tournament was the chance to meet his hero, Adam Gilchrist, former Australian wicket-keeper batsman and captain of IPL side Deccan Chargers. “I met Gilchrist for the first time a couple of days back. I wanted to know his views on the game and how he approaches it. I want to play like him one day,†Roussouw said. “He told me some finer points about my batting, so I think he has seen me. It feels nice to see your superstar likes your game,†the left-handed South African said. Detailing on his meeting with Gilchrist, Roussouw said, “I was very, very nervous. It was actually kind of a surprise. I wanted to meet him and he phoned me in my room. And in the next five minutes, I was there. I couldn’t even plan on what exactly to ask him. It was a quick chat and it was quite an experience.†Excited The chance to play for RCB in the IPL too made the 20-year-old excited. “I got an offer during the IPL II and I took it. There’s a lot of South Africans there and there’s a lot of experienced guys in there. I hope I can learn from them. “I think everyone has different aspirations playing cricket. I want to experience different types of conditions across the world. IPL’s one of those challenges for me.†Another South African, Cornelius de Villiers, too said the chance to interact with some fine pacemen has helped him a lot. “I am lucky as a fast bowler to have so many great fast bowlers here for this tournament. Glenn McGrath is here, Brett Lee is here, Allan Donald is here as a commentator, Dale Steyn is here. “I am pretty honoured just to see McGrath bowling in Delhi. It was a pretty amazing experience. After the game I had a chance to speak to him. What an amazing guy!,†the 23-year-old de Villiers said.

That was quick. MI scouts are obviously sleeping and will sign some unknown local quantity who won't be picked in the games and we will end at the bottom of the table... sigh