Jinnah wud rather have spent his holidays in India

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

AMBREEN KHAN: What are your ideas on what to do about Indo-Pak relations? Imran Khan: I was the generation which grew up the most antagonistic against India. I grew up in Lahore where you had all the people who came from across the border, and they were still fresh with the memory of all the killings that had taken place. And then of course, my generation was also the first that actually went and started interacting with Indians. My closest friend at university was an Indian, and he?s still my close friend ? Vikram Mehta. Such communication has done a lot, and a lot of us have come to the conclusion that the only way to live is as civilised neighbours. I was reading an account of Jinnah. Two months before the night of Partition, he was planning to buy land in Shimla, so he would rather have spent his holidays in India than in Pakistan. Then there is rumours about his repentance on death bed about partition being his biggest mistake in life. Makes u think.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Jinnah wud rather have spent his holidays in India

in hindsight and having witnessed live the havoc wrecked by SUPPOSEDLY OUR OWN Pseudo-Sec ignorami ... I dont feel too bad about the Partition ... because without it ... we would have been truly and utterly fked by now. IMO Jinnah underestimated the leverage of pseudo-secs ... even while the biggest one of them - Nehru- was alive and kicking in full glory while Jinnah was on his mission.
ignorami cool coinage ..:-) Who knows what wud have happened after all on our side of the border we do seem to have relatively moderate ones among believers kya pata the rest too might have been shamed to behave in better ways. Again when I see the district of kishanganz in Bihar seems like I am being overly optimistic.