What?? Nagpur again???

wtf is going on..? how can Nagpur host so many matches..... wat happnd to the rotation policy??? Kolkata to host South Africa Test Cricinfo staff January 3, 2010 Text size: A | A Eden Gardens, under renovation for the 2011 World Cup, will host its first Test since 2007 © AFP Related Links News : Jaipur could host first India-SA ODI News : India ask South Africa to play two Tests Series/Tournaments: South Africa tour of India Teams: India | South Africa India will host South Africa for a full tour, comprising two Tests and three ODIs. Though the dates for the tour, scheduled for early this year, are yet to be finalised, India's request to play two Tests in what was originally planned as an ODI series has been accepted. Nagpur and the Eden Gardens, which is undergoing renovation for World Cup 2011, have been confirmed as the two Test venues. Kolkata, which will host its first Test since 2007, has had trouble with its floodlights over the last two seasons, the latest incident occurring in the one-dayer between India and Sri Lanka. Kanpur, Jaipur - which had missed out during the Australia series last year - and Ahmedabad have been decided as the three ODI venues. India were propelled to the No.1 position in Tests following their 2-0 series win over Sri Lanka and the prospect of playing just two Tests in 2010, as initially scheduled, had raised fears of them being unable to preserve that position. Gerald Majola, Cricket South Africa's chief executive, had said the board would make space for the Tests, as requested by the BCCI, which would lengthen the tour by a week. "They [india] have requested we play two Tests and three ODIs and we are still considering it," Majola had said. "We still have to consult with the South African Cricketers' Association, the team management, our playing regulations and fixtures committees, as well as the board. It would extend the tour by another week, but we would like to accommodate them and I don't foresee a problem with it."

^^ so you dont find anything strange in this that Nagpur is getting all the games.. and there has been no matches in other centres.... im glad that there is a test match now in Eden.. stupid fkin BCCI...
It's got nothing to do with the BCCI. I am no fan of those morons either, but all they can do is allocate matches to zones. It's the zonal babus who decide where the match will be staged and currently Nagpur is one of the most influential places in cricket politics. Just look at how Cuttack and Guwahati benefited from Dalmiya being out of favor in the East zone.

I think the decision to allocate (another) match to Nagpur was partly driven by the Delhi fiasco. The Nagpur stadium was just renovated and is in outstanding condition. The pitch too is in decent shape. I think the powers-that-be do not want to take a chance by allocating one of the tests of this hastily arranged series to a center like Cuttack and then cop a lot of flak for hosting the match on a substandard pitch/stadium.

It's got nothing to do with the BCCI. I am no fan of those morons either' date=' but all they can do is allocate matches to zones. It's the zonal babus who decide where the match will be staged and currently Nagpur is one of the most influential places in cricket politics. Just look at how Cuttack and Guwahati benefited from Dalmiya being out of favor in the East zone.[/quote'] since Jan 2008 we have played 12 tests,how many were allocated to east zone?
Guest Hiten.

There are not that many good stadia in west zone to begin with. The sh*thole Wankhede is under renovation, Nagpur, Jaipur and A'bad's Motera are the only influential grounds for the moment (with D.Y. Patil coming slowly into the fray). We all saw how good Rajkot ground and pitch was (my club plays at a 100 times better ground than Rajkot), Jaipur is hit by internal politics, A'bad allocated ICL matches, which might be a reason for them getting a cold shoulder. Although they did get a ODI this time around. And upon CSA's request BCCI has alloted only two zones with the matches for India and South Africa, as the CSA board requested a shorter span of travel time considering the tour was meant for a bilateral 5 ODI series but now it has 2 test matches and 3 ODI's; that is 8 more days of cricket for SA. On a side note, India HAS to start playing more test matches in Mohali.

since Jan 2008 we have played 12 tests' date='how many were allocated to east zone?[/quote'] Allocation happens on international matches, not tests/ODIs because some centers are considered fine for ODIs and not tests and I am sure you will find many ODIs in Cuttack and Guwahati over the last 2 years. In fact from the stadiums perspective they prefer an ODI since it guarantees a full house. Who will watch a test in Guwahati anyways?

Relax guys...it was the Saffies who put in the condition that the 2 venues be as close to each other as possible remember? Also the stadium in Nagpur was the brainchild of BCCI President Sashank Mnohar..so that might explain things. But as far as facilities go..these 2 are among the best grounds in the country.

^^ why not bangalore and chennai.. they are the closest to each other in terms of distance. chennai hasn't hosted a ODI since 2007.. that was before the wc... and nagpur is getting far too many international matches these days... @outsider.. u were saying, matches are allocated to the zones and which zone gets it depends on internal politics... in this upcoming south african series, tell me how many matches are allocated to the south zone (chennai, blore, hyd, vizag and cochin) are the south zone centers... also if you consider the australia and slanka odi series that we have played recently, there was a grand total of only 2 matches allocated to south zone - hyd got the aus odi and vizag got the slanka odi (which was eventually moved out to nagpur again)... why blore or c hennai not getting any of the tests or odis this season. one argument against chennai getting matches was that oct-dec is raining season there and matches may get washed out.. fair enuf.. but saffers are coming in summer, so why not allocate either a test or odi to chennai?

since Jan 2008 we have played 12 tests' date='how many were allocated to east zone?[/quote'] Only Eden hosts test matches in East Zone (Cuttack, Guwahati and Jamshedpur stadiums aren't even of international standards) and after what happened to team India against SA at Eden in 2005 (when our own team was booed throughout the match by the pathetic eden crowd), I would have been glad not to see any single test or ODI there for as long as possible. http://www.expressindia.com/news/fullstory.php?newsid=59034 "I told others jokingly that we are in good company, in the company of the great Sunil Gavaskar who too had to face a similar reception in Kolkata as well as the 1983 World Cup winning team,” Dravid said. Dravid was referring to the boos and shower of abuses from the crowd on the Indian players during the fourth ODI in Kolkata. “Luckily I was not fielding on the boundary line like others who had to put up with the abuses,” he added. " A crowd which prompts the visiting skipper to say " we felt as if we were playing in South Africa with the crowd rooting for us throughout the match", sorry such venues dont deserve to host matches involving team India. Having said this, I am no fan of Shashank Manohar and the Nagpur stadium either. That SOB dimwit in his zeal to teach Dalmia a lesson, ordered for a grassy track (wonder how that would have done any harm to Dalmia) and handed over the test series to Aus on a plate in 2004-05.
^ I have no clue what you are on about South India - Hyderabad' date=' Bangalore, Chennai, Vizag have all hosted in the last 2 years - multiple times. Cochin was supposed to host England but that got screwed because of the Bombay attacks.[/quote'] Nagpur has hosted 1 test in 2008 3 international matches in 2009 Again 1 test scheduled in 2010 13 days of international cricket Again tests and ODIs in 2009 were scheduled in ahmedabad, mumbai,rajkot,jaipur,baroda :omg: Compared to this, bangalore,chennai, vizag,cochin has none in 2009. Only hyderabad has 1 ODI in 2009, I guess only international match in south in 2009.

In south only Blore and Chennai host test matches... Blore's last test was against australia in Oct 08. Nagpur's last test was after that... Blore's last ODI was against England in Nov 08. Nagpur's has hosted 2 ODIs after that one against australia and one against lanka, both in 2009 Chennai's last test was against england in Dec 08 and ODI was on Jan 2007... so why is chennai being overlooked?