What?? Nagpur again???

Guest Hiten.
Chennai has hosted 30 test matches' date=' [b']Kanpur 21. Cry me a river. :((
= Mumbai. How dare you "outsiders" get same number of test matches. Calling MNS/Shiv Sena :protest:

last 3 years : if its based on zonal rotational policy west ....... 17 south....... 12 north......... 11 east.......... 9 central...... 7 maybe a little skewed but u can get the trend [table=head]venue | zone Delhi | North Kolkata | East Cuttack | East Nagpur (initally Vizag) | South Rajkot | West Mohali | North Nagpur | West Mumbai (BS) | West Kanpur | Central Ahmedabad | West Mumbai | West Guwahati | East Hyderabad (Decc) | South Mohali | North Delhi | North Nagpur | West Vadodara | West Mohali | North Chennai | South Delhi | North Guwahati | East Cuttack | East Bangalore | South Kanpur | Central Indore | Central Rajkot | West Nagpur | West Delhi | North Mohali | North Bangalore | South Kanpur | Central Ahmedabad | West Chennai | South Bangalore | South Kolkata | East Delhi | North Jaipur | Central Gwalior | Central Kanpur | Central Mohali | North Guwahati | East Mumbai (BS) | West Mumbai | West Nagpur | West Vadodara | West Chandigarh | North Hyderabad (Decc) | South Kochi | South Bangalore | South Visakhapatnam | South Margao | Rajkot | West Kolkata | East Vadodara | West Chennai | South Cuttack | East Nagpur | West [/table] Source

Good work Ludhz. The rotation policy is ok, except for the obvious favouritism to Nagpur - but the reason has been explained earlier in the thread. Maybe the Vidarbaha association can help their cause by drastically reducing the ticket prices and encouraging spectators. It's a shame to have test matches played in front of near-empty stands. Test matches must be restricted to traditional centers and must be assessed on a continuous basis by various criterion - crowd presence, ground facilities, crowd behaviour etc. ODIs and T20s must be rotated and allocated to newer or less traditional centers. Further to that, the IPL matches must be spread within the different centers in the catchment area. For instance, RCB matches must also be scheduled in Goa. That's the best way to give everyone a chance to watch the game live and in the process, widen the teams' fan bases.

Slightly off topic, despite the rotation policy I dont get why they are persisting with north Indian venues for test matches during the winter. They know as well as anyone that play for the full 5 days cant be expected because of bad light and fog coming in, like we saw last year in Mohali against England. Maybe they can have only odis in the north just to keep the zones happy and organize stuff around things that actually matter to matches?

I think Nagpur stadium is a new built stadium and is wonderful to have games in there.But at the same time, other grounds are ignored.I think its the commission that BCCI gets on matches at various venues.VCA is Nagpur has built this stadium and wants to earn more by getting more crowds in to watch, to increase their popularity and also the revenue generated.A part of it will be given to BCCI happily and the stadiums popularity will go up, ratings will go up.This is just the type of tactic that VCA wants to play.I dont think its a zonal bias decision from the BCCI , its all about the money IMO :P

There was a time when Chennai and Bangalore used to host 2 out of the 6 home tests that we played every season. Did anyone complain of a bias then? In the last 10 years, Chennai and Bangalore have hosted 6 tests each, max for any test ground in India alongwith Mumbai and Mohali. Delhi, Kolkata and Ahmedabad have hosted 5 tests each.

There was a time when Chennai and Bangalore used to host 2 out of the 6 home tests that we played every season. Did anyone complain of a bias then? In the last 10 years, Chennai and Bangalore have hosted 6 tests each, max for any test ground in India alongwith Mumbai and Mohali. Delhi, Kolkata and Ahmedabad have hosted 5 tests each.
^^ DUDE.. my point is, the season in which we hosted a test, we were not given ODI and when we got an ODI, we dint get a test.. this year, Nagpur has been getting everything... they have already hosted 2 ODIs, a T20 in 2009
Slightly off topic' date=' despite the rotation policy I dont get why they are persisting with north Indian venues for test matches during the winter. They know as well as anyone that play for the full 5 days cant be expected because of bad light and fog coming in, like we saw last year in Mohali against England. Maybe they can have only odis in the north just to keep the zones happy and organize stuff around things that actually matter to matches?[/quote'] Cause it always rains in Chennai :winky: