What do our fellow posters remind u of ?

Bumper

Here are some rules: -- Pick one poster on this board (try not to repeat) -- Post a picture of a real life character (hopefully a popular character) that this poster reminds u of -- Post a short description of why u think they are similar. -- Pls keep your picture as small as possible -- Anything else you post is up to your imagination My pick is: Professor (Shwetabh). He reminds me of Abdul Kalaam Kalam.jpg Both are successful scholars, hard working researchers, pursue(d) a highly scientific career, forward thinking, very moderate/secular individuals. You can hand over massive responsibilities to both & you can count on them to deliver

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? I can't relate posters to public figures, somehow...but when I think of certain posters, they conjure up certain qualities for me. I dealt with lots of this at length in my psychoanalysis thread. This is just a summary. Here goes. Bumper- Enthusiasm. Of all the qualities I'd implore God to grant me, enthusiasm would be the most valued. It's a life enhancing, life enriching trait, without which everything else is diluted. Gambit- Creativity. Gambit is amazingly creative. Look at the stats he conjures up, the arguments he produces, the caricatures he creates. He is the original fellow. Boss- Loyalty, friendship. With Boss, if you are a friend, you are always a friend. He is fiercely loyal, and expects the same from you. If you are in a hole, and you want a friend to drop everything and run to your rescue, think Boss. Ravi- Meticulous, thorough. He hates disorder, like Hercule Poirot. Have you ever seen him make an one line post? He believes in doing things well or not at all. Vroom- Intelligence. This fella has the kind of intelligence that doesn't offend. It's a gentle, self effacing kind of intelligence, the kind of chap you can sit across in a library and hear espouse forth on a topic without getting bored, because you know he is not showing off. Aditi- Grace. The girl is so graceful, she can carry off practically any dress, any demeanour she chooses to wear on a given day. Not self conscious at all. More coming up daily.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Varun- the nerd. He's the original Dillon from the Archie comic books, this fella. Way ahead of his peers in his thinking, and can be positively brilliant if a project captures his imagination. But hey, you all knew that anyway! Dada Rocks- Arrogance. Dada exudes arrogance, and God help anybody who slights him. Has a very superior air about him, and honestly I would hesitate to ask him the basics of something I didn't know. Dada might just laugh at me. Yet, we all know he is a really nice chap! Gator- Versatility. An enigma, this fella. Can be excruciatingly offensive when he wants to be, yet listens to...hold your breath...bhajans, and by all accounts is a loyal and trusted friend, a great networker, and has all the right likes and dislikes. He has so many shades about him, I thought of renaming him "Seasons". Salil- Impressionable. Salil is looking for an identity, a niche in life, and he can't quite decide what it's going to be. Will he be the biochemistry whiz, the cricket scribe, the wine taster, or the travel writer? Should he go for his parent's native country, where his roots belong, or for the new exciting country just across the sea from where his dad works, that appeals to his own desire to excel in whatever he does? Salil doesn't quite know the answers, but then he is young, and has time on his side.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Ok, let us see my psycho-analysis skill.... Dhondy, correct me, if i am wrong... Dhondy - The Rebel. Cannot really accept control or dominance... Values friendship a lot.... Gets bored too easily and always on the lookout for amusement...Has the unusual combination of fitness-mania and extreme academia - prolly the most educated on this board easily... Could be a little spendthrifty... Extremely patriotic about his country... I will try to extrapolate even further and say, he will make an excellent dad, if he already is not...

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Don't get bored easily, Gator, and not a spendthrift, otherwise OK. And no, you don't get double Dr after your name if you are MBBS & PhD. BTW, in case you didn't know, there are other PhDs on this board. Shwetabh has one, and the last I heard, Dada was pursuing one. Boss, pardner pardner ko pahchanta hai, kyon? :hail:

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ?

you don't get double Dr after your name if you are MBBS & PhD.
tht seems a lil unfair... hope u market urself well... i have heard people keep callin themselves double-masters cos they did masters in 2 different fields....;)

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? wow, just saw Doc's entry into the thread. Though i didnt expect the thread to digress, the digression appears much better than the original path the thread was intended to take.

Boss- Loyalty, friendship. With Boss, if you are a friend, you are always a friend. He is fiercely loyal, and expects the same from you. If you are in a hole, and you want a friend to drop everything and run to your rescue, think Boss.
Very true. But be wary not to diss SRT when Boss finds u in deep shyte. You may find yourself in deeper shyte :flux:

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Dhondy - The crowd puller. Attention, Attention, Attention -- he commands it, without demanding it. Whatever he writes, people wanna read. Some laff their ass off reading him, some swear at every post of his, some shyte in their pants on seeing his MB handle. No matter who u are, theres no dull moment when Dhondy is in the building. He chooses his friends carefully, but once u are in his good books, he's the best friend u can have. Never be on his wrong side, he'll crush u like an insect, without ever trying to appear to be cruel. Ravi -- The Enterprenuer. The guy one day will make a great enterpreneur, if he puts his mind into it. He never sits on his butt to relish his success. Always tryin to make things better. How many times have we seen this MB's looks change ? He's gotta boat load of patience. Answers all your queries no matter how trivial it is. Always willing to listen & improve. An ice cool dude as a person.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Bheem -- Open as a book. The ultimate patriot. Probably the only person i have never seen change his cricketing opinions. He's not the avg fair weather fan. No matter what his beliefs are, he backs himself 100%. Never hesitates to voice his opinions, never indulges in political correctness, never fears consequences. The kind of bloke u want to have on your side to pull of a coup. Be sure to beef up your facts before u debate him. I say u dont, save yourself from embarrassment. If u befriend him, u cant find a better friend. If u confront him, u cant find a worse moron. Warning given to all! :hic:

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Bumps has taken this thread to a new level in his inimitable way. I return to my plodding. Rahul- Talent. "Talunt" is often a misused, a much abused word, particularly since it entered the Urdu lexicon in 1947, but this fellow epitomises talent. He has refined everything he has put his hand to, and now makes a living out of one such gift of his. Beetle- Mischief. Whenever I think of Beetle, I think of this mischievous woman, standing with her hands on her hips, with the naughtiest smile imaginable. Never a dull moment with this prankster around. Sooda- Happiness. Sooda is a picture of joie-de-vivre (joy of living). He comes across an incredibly happy person, in victory and in defeat, in battles and at peace time, there is never a moment when he does not exude happiness. You can't be grumpy with Sooda around. Kabira- Dedication. Give Kabira a project, and he will bring utter, unmitigated dedication to it. He will work and work, be completely devoted to the cause, and deliver the goods. Your go-to man. PK (Talksport)- The silent achiever- A year ago, when all of us were wonderin how to teach Analf Himmler a lesson, PK quietly started his own MB and networked. Circumstances did not help him carry on, due to no fault of his. Again, this time, he has quietly emailed MB friends and probably spread the message to most acquaintances, along with Bumper and Rajeev. He's the silent, behind the scenes achiever. Rajeev- The innovator. He's always thinking, "How do I get around this? How do I make this better, more attractive?" If you don't believe me, go and google the name of the MB, and see whose effort has generated the most hits for this place. Rajeev's U-tube stunt has put Indiancricketfans on the Google map. And he's not finished yet, if I know him at all.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Mandrake- Gentleness. Mandrake is the perfect gentleman we all aspire to be. Quiet, unassuming, yet with the steel that does not suffer fools easily, as was evident from his correspondence with us when we hatched the idea of this place. Shwetabh- Bumper has already dealt with this super erudite, yet down to earth pioneer of this board. It's difficult to pin down his qualities, he has so many. Not the least his tolerance and calmness, even in the face of extreme provocation.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Crazy- Wealth. Crazy aka Yoda is a wealthy fellow, with total assets exceeding a million dollars. And it shows in his kiss my ass attitude, his lazy, throwaway lines. He is saying to you, "I don't care if you aren't impressed, sucker. I have better things to do." Veer- Malcontent. Veer was clearly unhappy at the old ICF, and would often wear his bans like a badge of honour. Now at last, in the comfort of this haven, surrounded by much loved friends, he is at last at peace with himself, this cherubic Parthiv Patel lookalike. Don- Restless. Don aka Straight Drive is the archetypal restless guy of this forum. He has already changed his name twice since I have known him. He was another one, along with PK, whose impatience with ICF saw him branch out to a new board. We'll have to work hard to keep Don interested.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Aqua- Youth. Just like the beautiful feline in her avataar, Aqua epitomises youth. She brings the freshness of her tender years to this board from far away, exotic Brunei. And what a lovely nickname!