Should Chappell go?

Re: Should Chappell go? dude, why the hell u ppl make chappel the "bali ka bakra" damn it, our team is just not capable of playing abroad on such bouncy pitch believe that.. those ppl who believe we did great under other coachz like john right and stuff, well did we win in saf along with them???? no, answer is just bloody no.. get some brain... its not about chappel, its about team not doing well because they dont get to face such bowling @ home because all tracks are batsmans friendly tracks... u people need to get brain... from past 20 years, so many coaches came and joined Indian cricket... did anyone of them won for us in south africa?? the answer to this bloody question is no.... its all about team, and our team sux, which u have to believe, and not that chappel not doing anything... dont blame someone else for our poor record and on going defeats... thats another crap thread started on this forum....

Re: Should Chappell go? we artated our journey to crapland cricket before chappel came on board. Now with cjhanppel on board we moved to crapland on a supersonic jet and we have a divided locker room. Chapel is not being paid 325K to see us play crapland cricket. He has got to go !

Re: Should Chappell go? Legend, The results are not what frustrate people, but rather it's the manner in which the team is losing. In '01, the team played better cricket than this and showed a bit more fight - winning their first ever ODI against SA on South African soil in over a decade when they won at Port Elizabeth. The team which toured in '92 won two ODI's, albeit in a considerably longer 7 match series. The current lot have rolled over and died in EVERY ODI they have played - these spineless performances are unacceptable. Most people on here backed SA to win the series before it even began, and rightly so. But they also expected the Indian team to be competitive in most of the matches, and at least match the results of the '01 tour by winning 1 or 2 ODI's. This didn't happen. India never came close to winning a single match !! When a team gets ripped apart like this, someone has to be held accountable. Isn't it Chappell's responsibility to prepare the team for arduous tours such as this one ? What does he get paid half a million bucks for ? Sitting on his @rse in the pavilion ? I don't think so ! The coach and the captain are there to bind the team together in times of crisis and ensure that they remain on top of their game by assisting them in areas where they need improvement. Yet we still see them making the same mistakes time and time again, just as they were doing before he arrived. Chappell hasn't helped at all in this regard and is proving to be more and more incompetent every series.

Re: Should Chappell go? hmm i am not chappel's fan, infact i am his critic because he has been part of more controversies then victories with India.. its just that this freakin stuff which we just finished getting clean sweped by 4-0, sayz me that our batsmanz are really irresponsible and madarjaats....

Re: Should Chappell go?

dude, why the hell u ppl make chappel the "bali ka bakra" damn it, our team is just not capable of playing abroad on such bouncy pitch believe that.. those ppl who believe we did great under other coachz like john right and stuff, well did we win in saf along with them???? no, answer is just bloody no.. get some brain... its not about chappel, its about team not doing well because they dont get to face such bowling @ home because all tracks are batsmans friendly tracks... u people need to get brain... from past 20 years, so many coaches came and joined Indian cricket... did anyone of them won for us in south africa?? the answer to this bloody question is no.... its all about team, and our team sux, which u have to believe, and not that chappel not doing anything... dont blame someone else for our poor record and on going defeats... thats another crap thread started on this forum....
Right Mr Legend - He should be made an honorary Indian & given freedom of the city of Kolkata. :lol: If it is not guruji's fault - fine, he is not needed get rid him. Let the players take the flake for their non-performance as you suggest. If it is guruji's fault - get rid of him now before the WC. We CAN'T do worse than this. He is not providing the service for money being paid to him. Either way - guruji has to go. Get rid of the useless employee now before he does further damage. What is the point of waiting until after the WC - it would be too late then. :mad:

Re: Should Chappell go? Just a week ago I mentioned it doesn't matter who the captain is India will lose if they have wrong personnel or not so good players. Yet again it has been proved it doesn't matter whether it is Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Ganguly or Laxman India were destined to loose the ODI series. Similarly the coach, it doesn't matter whether you have Chappell, Wright, Moody, Fletcher, Woolmer or anyone the Indian ODI team sucks. It is as simple as that. No harm in sacking Chappell and it will only help the team gel a litttle better if he's gone now that Ganguly is in. Sack him right away (it won't happen don't you lads worry). Chappell is here to stay :shrug:

Re: Should Chappell go? removal of chappel will put a smiles on lots of faces but i dont think it would make any difference. Look at the team selection. Last 3 ODIs we have been playing with 5 bowlers and 2 keepers. Infact its vegsarkar who is the unofficial coach rather than chappell. He is selecting team making stratergies he should be blamed more for our failure in SA.

Re: Should Chappell go? He can't offer anything new.... I am shocked at the decline in the fielding ......all batsmen can be out of form ....but can the fielding suffer so badly.... I think he spends too much energy countering the press and other criticism.....and i suspect his heart is no longer in it. We wouldn't do any worse under any other coach....i wouldn't mind a low profile coach like robin singh till the WC ....someone who can concentrate on the team and not politics... Sandeep patil wouldbe fine too but i suspect he would be also a chappell type control freak....just a suspicion....and i suspect he wouldn't be above regional politics...one vengsarkar is more than enough.

Re: Should Chappell go? I now say we do something I did not give as an option earlier. Extend his contract beyond the world cup :spin: Who cares about odi masala cricket anyway. Its all about tests. I would much rather have a winning test team then odi team. After the win in the windies another win in SA would deserve an extended contract I say :lol: