Rajiv

What song are you currently listening to ?

Re: King of Melodies: Great Kishore

:lol: Pal pal dil ke paaaaaaaaaar.... tum rehhteeeeeho........love that song.
its paaaaaaaaaaaaaaas... and yup thats a greaaaaaaaaaaat song.. wat a philosphy. RD Burman and Kishor Kumar combo was awesome...

Re: King of Melodies: Great Kishore King of Melodies: Kishore. Are you talking of Kishore Bhimani Rajeev? You know the voice behind the scenes of Mahabharta, "Main samay hoon". :chin: :chin:

Guest dada_rocks   
Guest dada_rocks

wrong question Rajeev...you shd be asking who is not a fan :hic:
:wtg: most talented personality in indian film industry by a country mile

wrong question Rajeev...you shd be asking who is not a fan :hic:
:wtg: most talented personality in indian film industry by a country mile
agree on that.. just today i was watching his concert which he did like 30 yrz back.. amazing it was.. was coming on doordarshan.. i rarely watch dd. was juzt changing channelz and saw that coming..

Re: King of Melodies: Great Kishore Rajeev. Nice playlist you have there, I picked some songs from therein and would be listening to them. I found a rare Kaash song in your playlist - Baad Muddat ke Hum Tum mile, top song - I was hoping you would perhaps have the other great Kaash KK song - O Yaara Tu pyaar se hai pyaara. xxx

Re: Song recommendations Shakalaka Boom Boom :hic: Jaane Do Naa (Cheeni Kum) Assalam Maalekum (Aap ka Suroor) :hic: Aaj ki raat (Don) Golmaal (Golmaal) Can't think of any good new songs.... Old is Gold :wtg:

Re: Song recommendations

Assalam Maalekum (Aap ka Suroor)
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! Have you seen the video for that song? The weird finger pointing thing that HR does is hilarious. This movie will be an awesome unintentional comedy. :lmao: Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBh90WZGQgI Watch 1:39 - 1:50 :lmao:

What are you listening to? The title says it all.All you music lovers...Get in! Shuffle your ipod or just jot down the songs you are in to at the moment... November Rain - Guns n Roses Dance of Death - Iron Maiden Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd To Phir Aao - Aawarapan

Current playlist: Icky Thumb - White Stripes Get behind me Satan (the whole album) - White Stripes In a hearbeat - John Murphy (and trying to locate this song by oasis... used in the Eureka and Absolut Vodka commercials)...

Bheega Aasmaan - Dhol Dastaan E Om Shanti Om - Om Shanti Om BTW I remember creating a similar thread on bukhaar a few months before we moved and I listed a few songs in the OP. The ever inquisitive bahadur asked me if I was recommending those songs or asking people if they were any good? :hysterical:

Bheega Aasmaan - Dhol Dastaan E Om Shanti Om - Om Shanti Om BTW I remember creating a similar thread on bukhaar a few months before we moved and I listed a few songs in the OP. The ever inquisitive bahadur asked me if I was recommending those songs or asking people if they were any good? :hysterical:
bahadur always had too much time on his hands:hysterical:

Patriotic Songs, Poems, Sayings of India which you remember This thread is inspired by the thread for National anthem. During our primary school (4th to 7th standard) we used to sing following song for Indian Flag (Tiranga Jhanda). We call it -- Rashtriya Dhwaja Geet, in Hindi......still love this song.:two_thumbs_up: Vijayi vishwa tiranga pyaara Jhanda uncha rahe hamara Sadaa shakti sarsaane waala, Prem sudha barsaane waala, Veero ko harshaane waala, Maatru bhoomi ka tan-man saara, Jhanda uncha rahe humara. Swatantra ke bheeshan raNa mein, Lakhkar josh badhein kshan-kshan mein, Kaape shatru dekh kar man mein, Mit jaye bhay sankat saara Jhanda uncha rahe humaara. Is jhande ke neeche nirbhay, Rahein swaadheen hum avichal nishchay. Bolo Bhaarat maata ki jay. Swatantrata ho dhyey humara Jhanda uncha rahe humaara. Aao, pyaare veero! Aao; Desh- dharm par bali-bali jao Ek saath sab mil kar gaao, Pyaara Bharat desh humaara, Jhanda uncha rahei humaara. Iski shaan na jaane paaye, Chaahei(n) jaan bhale hi jaye, Vishwa vijay karke dikhlaaye, Tab hove praan poorna humaara Jhanda uncha rahe humaara, Vijayi vishwa tiranga pyaara.

See one example from Kavitavali of Sant Sri Tulsidas: भलि भारतभूमि, भलें कुल जन्मु, समाजु सरीरु भलो लहि कै। करषा तजि कै परुषा बरषा हिम, मारुत, घाम सदा सहि कै।। जो भजै भगवानु सयान सोई, 'तुलसी' हठ चातकु ज्यों गहि कै। नतु और सबै विषबीज बए, हर हाटक कामदुहा नहि कै।। Translate: First fortune of all, born in the land of Bharat, then too in a good family, even then with an able body. With such ample fortune, only those are clever says Tulsi, who leaving aside all sternness, praise Bhagwan, even at the cost of bearing the harsh weathers. Otherwise, he has only seen people ploughing with Kamdhenu pushed on a yoke, just the farm of poison-seeds. This example is just to highlight that, there is always a consciousness about India in the words of our Sants -- they often refer Bharat as PuNya Bhumi...!!