Why do Indians ( Desis ) Stare at each other

Rajiv

Not India, but outside Anywhere u go, be it a tourist spot or shopping. You find an Indian and he will stare at you, probably eat you up and is probably dying to ask you "where are YOU phrom" The stare itself seems to have multiple questions in it ( how did u get here, visa or temp, what job ) - its seriously funny Same thing at any bars, especially here in Vancouver - what we are typically termed as "brown" guys with razor-precision lined beard, driving a F-150 or Muffler Tearing Mazda. They just stare, its like I am desi, I am brown, I drive a nice car What is about us

Ya, thats funny. The other day i was coming out of Giant and there was this desi dude who was about to enter the store with the cart in front of him. 3 People are already standing behind him, but just as he see a fellow India coming out(me) he started staring jaise mai koi bot purana jigri dost hoon uska. I smiled and said HOLA como estas, and he was embarassed.

This happens with every nationality on Earth. Brits' date=' Yanks, you name it. We all (all people that is) like familiarity and meeting someone we may share a common identity with.[/quote'] Not sure how a yank would differentiate between a Brit or Canadian. Desis have a unique style Are u UK Born or Indian Born?

There was a time when I used to dress funky. On top of that I easily pass for different nationalities and races so people are never able to guess my origin. Anyway I was sitting at the airport and Mr Punjabi husband and wife come and sat across me.They were FOB and started talking very bad about my clothes and my piercings. For 10 minutes I could hear them bashing me :hysterical: I was laughing inside but it did hurt :sniffle:

Not India, but outside Anywhere u go, be it a tourist spot or shopping. You find an Indian and he will stare at you, probably eat you up and is probably dying to ask you "where are YOU phrom" The stare itself seems to have multiple questions in it ( how did u get here, visa or temp, what job ) - its seriously funny Same thing at any bars, especially here in Vancouver - what we are typically termed as "brown" guys with razor-precision lined beard, driving a F-150 or Muffler Tearing Mazda. They just stare, its like I am desi, I am brown, I drive a nice car What is about us
When you end up on an Alien planet, and see a human being, you'll stare at him like Indians stare at each other in a foreign country.

The worst staring I've received was in India. Everywhere you go people know you're not from there and they stare at you so bad. They're right up in your face with their eyes locked on you. Really annoying
+ Even though you dress casually and look like everybody else. They have this weird power in their heads that can tell that you dont live here or not. :confused: