Why do Indians ( Desis ) Stare at each other

Rajiv

The worst staring I've received was in India. Everywhere you go people know you're not from there and they stare at you so bad. They're right up in your face with their eyes locked on you. Really annoying
+ Even though you dress casually and look like everybody else. They have this weird power in their heads that can tell that you dont live here or not. :confused:
yeh' date=' they can spot an NRI in a second and then they proceed to rip you off[/quote']
:dito: i have had this too and yes very annoying!
Relax peeps, you aint any special people from people to keep staring at ya.. They were probably trying to look at someone past your shoulder or something.. :laugh:

Relax peeps' date=' you aint any special people from people to keep staring at ya.. They were probably trying to look at someone past your shoulder or something.. :laugh:[/quote'] Nah trust me, people in India when they see someone from outside, just keep staring, you look back at them and they'll continue to stare

even a hot desi girl gets the same treatment? :hmmm:
yes! as G is only interested in Inglis Woses not desi chamelis! :P
:fail: hot desi chamelis don't stare. They only give you a "I am too good for you" look. :haha::haha:

the man who is experienced in the art of staring has spoken!! then what do u do G star back into their eyes intently? :giggle:
I don't look at them at all. Ignoring them is usually the best answer. :winky:

i guess i have to agree with you! i too cannot understand why so many desi girls seem to think they are a cut above the rest! come down to earth sweetheart u are no angel!
They all believe it is their birth right to marry a cricketer, bollywood superstar etc etc. So I am not surprised by this at all. I just ignore the whole lot.

They all believe it is their birth right to marry a cricketer' date=' bollywood superstar etc etc. So I am not surprised by this at all. I just ignore the whole lot.[/quote'] lal thats sooo true!! then when their expectations are not met they all feel sorry for themselves! oh well back staring who do desi gals stare at??

yeh' date=' they can spot an NRI in a second and then they proceed to rip you off[/quote'] Because probably you do something very stupid, like talk with a stylised accent. If you look Indian, there is no way anybody can make out the difference between a local desi and a NRI. They think NRIs who show off deserved to be ripped off!

Because probably you do something very stupid' date=' like talk with a stylised accent. If you look Indian, there is no way anybody can make out the difference between a local desi and a NRI. They think NRIs who show off deserved to be ripped off![/quote'] no trust me he is right i have lost count how many times i have gone out in india worn clothes i have bought in india and spoke in hindi or gujju but they somehow just still know we're NRI's!!

Because probably you do something very stupid' date=' like talk with a stylised accent. If you look Indian, there is no way anybody can make out the difference between a local desi and a NRI. They think NRIs who show off deserved to be ripped off![/quote'] Maybe its just the Gujji's who are smart enough to differentiate :giggle:

no trust me he is right i have lost count how many times i have gone out in india worn clothes i have bought in india and spoke in hindi or gujju but they somehow just still know we're NRI's!!
:hysterical: there are two ways to look at this situation. maybe its just that u look good and thats why they are staring... take it easy.:two_thumbs_up: OR there is another reason - maybe there is no zoo at your native place in india:--D

:hysterical: there are two ways to look at this situation. maybe its just that u look good and thats why they are staring... take it easy.:two_thumbs_up: OR there is another reason - maybe there is no zoo at your native place in india:--D
hmmm i think i will go with the look good comment then! :rolleyes: