Why do Indians ( Desis ) Stare at each other

Rajiv

If you are a desi girl going out with a black guy you are an absolute no holds barred loser unless he is a sportstar. :winky: :dito: but i meant platonic and professional relationships rather than the intimate kind!! A guy and a girl walking down the street, I can tell 10 times out of 10 whether they are intimate or not. :winky:
Thats cuz ur too bloody experienced!! i hereby announce you as the most overqualified metrosexual tart i know! :P

Thats cuz ur too bloody experienced!! i hereby announce you as the most overqualified metrosexual tart i know! :P
However please bear in mind my comment about desi girls going out with black guys is mainly on account of the simple fact that 9/10 times black guys don't have any gainful employment and don't contribute to society in anyway. Atleast not in the UK. It has nothing to do with the fact that he/she is black. Its very easy to tell whether people are intimate or not. :dontknow:

read your own post again then you will see why!! but seriously it works both ways when ur married u have to learn to trust each other accept that looking at the opposite sex IS natural even after marriage!! no point letting that be reason for the 2 of you to argue! as long its only looking there is no harm!
okay... i did not know about this part. nice nice.

However please bear in mind my comment about desi girls going out with black guys is mainly on account of the simple fact that 9/10 times black guys don't have any gainful employment and don't contribute to society in anyway. Atleast not in the UK. It has nothing to do with the fact that he/she is black. True either that or they have some form fraudulent sauce of income!! Its very easy to tell whether people are intimate or not. :dontknow:
no not really what are u going by? the fact they are or are not maybe holding hands?? walking a meter apart?? what are the tell tale signs?

Its ok TK once u have grown from an Elf prince to an Adult u will understand these things better! :icflove: till then AAL IZ VELL!!
hello princess just because i have this stupid feeling that i hurt you i am keeping quite. dont comment on elf prince and all... if anyone comments on my true identity,i will take it personally.

hello princess just because i have this stupid feeling that i hurt you i am keeping quite. dont comment on elf prince and all... if anyone comments on my true identity' date='i will take it personally.[/quote'] Post edited! for the record i am not hurt! just annoyed at such ignorant comments!

no not really what are u going by? the fact they are or are not maybe holding hands?? walking a meter apart?? what are the tell tale signs?
I don't know, I just get the gut feeling. Nothing specific like that. People who are couples just look different together.

I don't know' date=' I just get the gut feeling. Nothing specific like that. People who are couples just look different together.[/quote'] and what if your gut feeling is wrong?? being an ex estate agent i've been on the receiving end of those assuming stares so i guess i am little sceptical!!

and what if your gut feeling is wrong?? being an ex estate agent i've been on the receiving end of those assuming stares so i guess i am little sceptical!!
First, I dont stare. Second, I don't ask them. SO what does it matter if I am right or wrong? :dontknow:

so ur saying in all this time u werent stared at?? particularly because u were "too cool"??
I am using "too cool" in a negative light. When I came to US, I made a conscious effort not to be identified with the stereotypical desi graduate student where 5-6 people rent a home and share it, take turns cooking horrible daal and chicken in the evening, their idea of a night out is getting a bottle of Red Label and sharing it with 5 people, and to save up money from a miserly graduate student stipend to buy a TV and a car. I rented my own studio, never cooked unless it was for fun, went out regularly to bars, traveled around, and ended up racking a huge credit card debt by the time I got out 5 years later. My only desi interaction used to be during cricket matches and the annual diwali/independence day dinner. I still don't have any desi friend from my graduate school days I am in touch with because I made a conscious effort to keep interaction with them to a minimum. My only desi friends in the US are from my school and college days in India. Now, of course I realize that a lot of things I did during that time were entirely superficial and can also understand why a lot of desis live the way they do. Perhaps, I realized it even during school but never made an effort to go out of the way to interact with desis.

well then u dont know if your right then u cant say "in most cases i can tell"
So how do you know if you're good at guessing or not' date=' you're just going by your assumptions :whack:[/quote'] I said I can tell, I never said I am sure I am a 100% correct. What's the fuss all about? :dontknow:

I am using "too cool" in a negative light. When I came to US, I made a conscious effort not to be identified with the stereotypical desi graduate student where 5-6 people rent a home and share it, take turns cooking horrible daal and chicken in the evening, their idea of a night out is getting a bottle of Red Label and sharing it with 5 people, and to save up money from a miserly graduate student stipend to buy a TV and a car. I rented my own studio, never cooked unless it was for fun, went out regularly to bars, traveled around, and ended up racking a huge credit card debt by the time I got out 5 years later. My only desi interaction used to be during cricket matches and the annual diwali/independence day dinner. I still don't have any desi friend from my graduate school days I am in touch with because I made a conscious effort to keep interaction with them to a minimum. My only desi friends in the US are from my school and college days in India. Now, of course I realize that a lot of things I did during that time were entirely superficial and can also understand why a lot of desis live the way they do. Perhaps, I realized it even during school but never made an effort to go out of the way to interact with desis.
Why do they live the way they do? I still don't understand it. I am honestly trying but I don't get it.