Rameez suggests Pakistan Premier League

Sachinism

Former captain Rameez Raja has suggested the PCB to launch a Pakistan Premier league on the lines of Indian Premier League in a bid to restore international cricket in the country. Rameez, now a well-known commentator and expert, said the time was ripe for the board to launch the PPL as this would not only help in speeding up the process of restoring international cricket in Pakistan but also improve financial conditions of cricketers in the country. "Obviously we can't match the glamour and glitz of the IPL, but we can take it as a role and launch the PPL on a smaller scale, if we can even get players from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or even Zimbabwe or Kenya to come and play in the league, it will give Pakistan cricket a much needed boost," the former captain said. He said the reason for the inconsistent performance of the national team was that the absence of a strong system at the domestic level. "The IPL has clearly helped Indian cricket a lot and helped nurture their new talent. The PPL should be our showpiece and it will also help us showcase new talent and also assure the world that international cricket can be played in Pakistan," he added. Rameez said he was surprised that the present board had not worked on the PPL concept and just kept on complaining that nothing could be done to convince players or teams to visit Pakistan. Another former captain, Aamer Sohail also backed the concept of PPL and demanded the board to start paying attention towards the thought. "The fact is that if you compare our population with other countries then we are hardly paying our domestic cricketers anything. And unless we don't pay them good money at domestic level we can't expect to introduce proper professionalism at the grass root levels. This is what puts other countries ahead of us," Sohail said. http://cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/23179/Rameez-suggests-Pakistan-Premier-League

Well he is right in that international cricket will not return to Pakistan by an Australia or India touring there. They will have to host the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe for a few years before any major nation is going to go there. What does Sohail mean by the following statement....Pakistanis never cease to bedazzle me with garbage :laugh:

"The fact is that if you compare our population with other countries then we are hardly paying our domestic cricketers anything.

SLankan visiting Pakistan???? :hysterical: Man!!!! these guys are day dreaming. Unless I dont understand SL mentality here... I mean freeking bullettes were coming left and right on them....Pakistan should forget cricket and pay more attention to build the nation... This is not sarcastic comment but very very practicle. If they are a any serious about their young generation getting better and peaceful life, they should focus more on all other issues... Cricket will come in there naturally..though may take long time..at least not in these 2-3 years.

They don't have the resources to pull a "PPL" off. Even if they do somehow, it wouldn't be able to compete against IPL, and it will fail and even the locals will lose interest. Like somebody said above, they really need to go back to the roots and build their country once again. PCB is a mess and its a shame really.

SLankan visiting Pakistan???? :hysterical: Man!!!! these guys are day dreaming. Unless I dont understand SL mentality here... I mean freeking bullettes were coming left and right on them....Pakistan should forget cricket and pay more attention to build the nation... This is not sarcastic comment but very very practicle. If they are a any serious about their young generation getting better and peaceful life, they should focus more on all other issues... Cricket will come in there naturally..though may take long time..at least not in these 2-3 years.
SL looks like desreved the treatment in Pak. They blamed LTTE and went offensive on them and used the episode to gain mileage to kill innocent people who were surrendering.

That's a nice call Rameez. This will get a lot of excited responses from around Pakistan. PCB can not manage what their primary job is, and people expect them to manage a new league? Besides, a league is not a cup of coffee that you just get up and make it (though I am not sure PCB can manage to make a cup of coffee. Last I heard they were struggling to provide mineral water for their players, leave alone coffee.)