Why do our bowlers lose pace all of a sudden

nballa

I mean bowlers like ishanth, pathan, rp singh, nehra etc when they started their careers were consistently touching 140K+ in fact i recall pathan was clocked at 147, nehra at 149, ishanth 150. and all of a sudden, overnight they become 130K bowlers. struggling to find rhythm of any kind. My theory is that these guys don't put in enough work in between tournaments(off season) to work on their physiques, build muscle, stamina etc and kinda let themselves go with a crappy diet. lousy coaching does not help either.

They do lose pace fairly rapidly. Munaf was the saddest case of what might have been. Nehra I remember vs England in the 03 Wc match was clocking 85+ Coaches actually tell them to cut down so that they can be bowled in to dust on merciless pattas and not get injured/tired quick.

They bowl in the high 140kms before they get selected in the Indian team. Once in the team and after few good performances they become complacent. Probably stardom and money also get to their mind and they stop working or training in the off season like they did before representing India.

They do lose pace fairly rapidly. Munaf was the saddest case of what might have been. Nehra I remember vs England in the 03 Wc match was clocking 85+ Coaches actually tell them to cut down so that they can be bowled in to dust on merciless pattas and not get injured/tired quick.
actually Nehra hasnt lot much pace , unlike others ..he hit 147+ on couple of occasions during 03 wc & he was hitting 145+ recently against ozs .

I know I am wasting my time, but what the heck! You expect these kind of queries fom padosi wannabes, who constantly finger their stringy biceps after pushing a couple of 10 pound dumbells in the gym, measure the girth of their penis after every wa nk, hoping for new found thickness, and consume expired whey protein brought at half price sales hoping to impress the bathroom scales. Sustained fast bowling is unphysiological and will lead to injuries unless you have the fitness of an Olympic decathlete like Mitch Johnson. You can't do it, period. Either you drop your speed, or you abbreviate your career like the Shoaib Akhtars, the Brett Lees (that, and coming up against Sehwag), the Mo Zahids, the Shaun Taits (another Sehwag victim- what is it with him and phaast bowlers?). Mohammad Aamer will go the same way, just as the night follows the day...unless he drops his speed. The really intelligent bowlers know this, and focus on accuracy and movement. McGrath mastered it, Asif, despite being the despicable drug cheat that he is, lives the principle and Zaheer has made it into an art form. The only people who don't understand are the testosterone charged 5 feet nothings from AP who dream of waking up one day and finding that they have grown to six-two, bald pate replaced by luxuriant hair, flopping in the wind as they run in from 35 yards at terrified batsmen, speaking yankee English to boot, all their childhood flames who never so much as looked at them lined up in the stadium, clapping their hands to exhaustion. And then nballa woke up.

I know I am wasting my time, but what the heck! You expect these kind of queries fom padosi wannabes, who constantly finger their stringy biceps after pushing a couple of 10 pound dumbells in the gym, measure the girth of their penis after every wa nk, hoping for new found thickness, and consume expired whey protein brought at half price sales hoping to impress the bathroom scales. Sustained fast bowling is unphysiological and will lead to injuries unless you have the fitness of an Olympic decathlete like Mitch Johnson. You can't do it, period. Either you drop your speed, or you abbreviate your career like the Shoaib Akhtars, the Brett Lees (that, and coming up against Sehwag), the Mo Zahids, the Shaun Taits (another Sehwag victim- what is it with him and phaast bowlers?). Mohammad Aamer will go the same way, just as the night follows the day...unless he drops his speed. The really intelligent bowlers know this, and focus on accuracy and movement. McGrath mastered it, Asif, despite being the despicable drug cheat that he is, lives the principle and Zaheer has made it into an art form. The only people who don't understand are the testosterone charged 5 feet nothings from AP who dream of waking up one day and finding that they have grown to six-two, bald pate replaced by luxuriant hair, flopping in the wind as they run in from 35 yards at terrified batsmen, speaking yankee English to boot, all their childhood flames who never so much as looked at them lined up in the stadium, clapping their hands to exhaustion. And then nballa woke up.
:laugh::laugh: Wow! This is probably the best post in the time that I've been on this site..
brett lees career is still going on, gopal. its not like our pace bowlers are bowling well after 'focusing on accuracy and movement' or whatever garbage you like to disguise it under. they are costing us matches. i'm all for reducing speed and 'lengthening careers' (lol what's the purpose of long venkatesh prasad like careers) if they win us matches not just hang around being liabilities on the field. and guess what all the bowlers i listed were at the top of their game when they were bowling their fastest. Give it a rest, it's tired.
in the sri lanka game in the same world cup, both nehra and zaheer were clocking 89-91 mph in the first ten overs.
brett lees career is still going on, gopal. its not like our pace bowlers are bowling well after 'focusing on accuracy and movement' or whatever garbage you like to disguise it under. they are costing us matches. i'm all for reducing speed and 'lengthening careers' (lol what's the purpose of long venkatesh prasad like careers) if they win us matches not just hang around being liabilities on the field. and guess what all the bowlers i listed were at the top of their game when they were bowling their fastest. Give it a rest, it's tired.
what an utter moron this guy is. Even if you look beyind his pretending to be an Indian he takes the cake with some of his posts. Loser Hasnt Brett Lee retired from test cricket, the highest form or where you in a coma when that happened? So wasnt his career curtailed? and of course India has become test number one without winning any matches at all. And our bolwers never got twenty wickets in any of those matches we won. How are our bolwers costing us matches? in fact we are winning much more than the speed demons in Pak who havent won an ODI or test series in 2009

It's pretty simple. It's either injuries or lack of form on patta wickets. Once Munaf got injured he was never going to bowl as fast because his previous action put too much strain on his back. Pathan has changed his action twice. Ishant has been injured twice on the bowling shoulder and when a young bowler is out of form the first thing they try and do is cut down on pace to be more accurate. Zaheer also shortened his run up and decreased the height of his leap before delivery to prevent a chronic heel/foot injury. And Asif will continue to bowl medium pace because beforehand he used to be able to rely on nandro to help him heal from his constant elbow injuries. Now he can't (even he's not this stupid) so he bowls slower. In the past when our bowlers needed help they used to be able to go to the MRF pace academy where everyone from Zaheer, Pathan, etc etc received coaching help. But the BCCI shut down that avenue. Or they could get involved in County Cricket in England where even small clubs have better facilities. But the BCCI stopped that as well when they were fighting against the ICL. Now, why the hell should Country Cricket clubs give a chance to out of form bowlers like RP etc? Maybe before asking these mundane questions you should do your own research?

:hail: No holds barred when ripping into these trolls, mazzaa aagaya Doc
what an utter moron this guy is. Even if you look beyind his pretending to be an Indian he takes the cake with some of his posts. Loser Hasnt Brett Lee retired from test cricket, the highest form or where you in a coma when that happened? So wasnt his career curtailed? and of course India has become test number one without winning any matches at all. And our bolwers never got twenty wickets in any of those matches we won. How are our bolwers costing us matches? in fact we are winning much more than the speed demons in Pak who havent won an ODI or test series in 2009
now why are you comparing our team to pakistan? if that's the yardstick you use to measure our teams success then you are putting the team at a very low pedestal. we all know the current pakistan team sucks. but at least their bowlers make up for the dropped catches and pathetic batting, we on the other hand have to go into every odi praying our batsmen put up more than 330 on the board to have a fighting change because of bowlers who are intent on putting up their worst career figures.
now why are you comparing our team to pakistan? if that's the yardstick you use to measure our teams success then you are putting the team at a very low pedestal. we all know the current pakistan team sucks. but at least their bowlers make up for the dropped catches and pathetic batting' date= we on the other hand have to go into every odi praying our batsmen put up more than 330 on the board to have a fighting change because of bowlers who are intent on putting up their worst career figures.
Really ? If they make up for it, then they must be winning some test matches. But I don't see any. In last 16 matches, they have won 1. :dontknow: :hysterical:
How do you explain bouncers read less pace and yorkers read higher pace.
i don't know but its definitely the hand release speed. they actually show it on TV sometimes when they map the trajectory of the ball. a 90 mph ball reaches the batsman at around 80.