Why do our bowlers lose pace all of a sudden

nballa

Really ? If they make up for it' date=' then they must be winning some test matches. But I don't see any. In last 16 matches, they have won 1. :dontknow: :hysterical:[/quote'] don't turn this into a pakistani thread. this is to discuss our medium pacers.

the dull sub continent pitches play a part .. bowlers like ishanth strength is bowling the short of length deliveries but here he is forced to bowl up to the batsmen which he needs to adjust and learn but again not much time to learn is he is kept playing .. also i wonder where is his deadly incutter .. again he might have lost it trying to learn other tricks like slower balls and stuff ..

I mean bowlers like ishanth, pathan, rp singh, nehra etc when they started their careers were consistently touching 140K+ in fact i recall pathan was clocked at 147, nehra at 149, ishanth 150. and all of a sudden, overnight they become 130K bowlers. struggling to find rhythm of any kind. My theory is that these guys don't put in enough work in between tournaments(off season) to work on their physiques, build muscle, stamina etc and kinda let themselves go with a crappy diet. lousy coaching does not help either.
see i dont care if you are indian or pakistani as there is indeed a problem with the way the indian bowlers are performing. see india is in the top 2-3 rankings regularly in the odi and test arena and they need to tighten up some of the things keeping the future in mind. the first thing i feel is that fast bowlers need to be given enough time to recover. Its not very rare to see a fast bowler who just had a lay-off and is very fresh to bowl with a lot more viguor than usual. nowadays we are playing a lot of international matches and that adds a lot of strain on the platers. but they wont just relinquish thier spots and go take rest becoz of competition. i think only some batsmen like dhoni, viru, sachin? , gautam can do things like that. not even yuvraj. so that means rotation should come into place. so inorder to rotate our bowlers regularly and yet maintain high standards in our gameplay, we need to form a 8-10 member pool of fast and medium fast bowlers So then we select bowlers for a series keeping variety and form in mind - like we need to have a combination of swing bowlers and fast bowlers in the squad. i think it would be very stupid to go in with rp, zak and nehra in the same game. or going with munaf, praveen and irfan on a flat track can also mean disaster. rotation will also lessen the chances of injury. Then instead of making the bowlers burn in the sun day in and day out, we need to keep giving them regular breaks like for every 4-5 series. Then we need to bring in a new batch. Now these guys will go to the NCA or whatever and train and recover in the meanwhile. They will train for new skills, better line and length, stuff like bowling yorkers regularly (which we cannot unfortunately do as frequently as some intl teams), training on swing like that. I think in the recent india-australia series we have seen how the aussies have come up with a brilliant effort to defeat india inspite of missing half thier team. i think its because thier bench strength is all primed up. now can india come up a superb effort minus thier top 3-4 pace bowlers? i doubt it. See now if you dont let the fast bowlers train regularly, they will detieorate as ishanth did. because ultimately the opposite side will work him out and he wont have time to counter then with a new strategy. . so the captain and coach will ask him to stick to the basics like bowling a good line and length and ultimately the guy will never improve. Even shoaib and srinath and mentioned it many times that its very painful for a fast bowler to bowl in hot and unfavourable conditions because there will not be any swing or good bounce. im definitely feel that good cricket is where even the bowlers have something for them in the pitch. conclusion: 1. form a pool of 8-10 fast/ medium fast bowlers 2. keep rotating them in various combinations acc to the opposition and thier form 3. maintain confidence in the ranks 4. give the pace bowlers time to recover, rethink strategies and better thier skills - bcoz if we dont do that they will stagnate. 5. we definitely have to do away with flat tracks. we can have them once in a while but not in all the matches . phew!
Guest Shivani
I know I am wasting my time, but what the heck! You expect these kind of queries fom padosi wannabes, who constantly finger their stringy biceps after pushing a couple of 10 pound dumbells in the gym, measure the girth of their penis after every wa nk, hoping for new found thickness, and consume expired whey protein brought at half price sales hoping to impress the bathroom scales. Sustained fast bowling is unphysiological and will lead to injuries unless you have the fitness of an Olympic decathlete like Mitch Johnson. You can't do it, period. Either you drop your speed, or you abbreviate your career like the Shoaib Akhtars, the Brett Lees (that, and coming up against Sehwag), the Mo Zahids, the Shaun Taits (another Sehwag victim- what is it with him and phaast bowlers?). Mohammad Aamer will go the same way, just as the night follows the day...unless he drops his speed. The really intelligent bowlers know this, and focus on accuracy and movement. McGrath mastered it, Asif, despite being the despicable drug cheat that he is, lives the principle and Zaheer has made it into an art form. The only people who don't understand are the testosterone charged 5 feet nothings from AP who dream of waking up one day and finding that they have grown to six-two, bald pate replaced by luxuriant hair, flopping in the wind as they run in from 35 yards at terrified batsmen, speaking yankee English to boot, all their childhood flames who never so much as looked at them lined up in the stadium, clapping their hands to exhaustion. And then nballa woke up.
:adore:
what an utter moron this guy is. Even if you look beyind his pretending to be an Indian he takes the cake with some of his posts. Loser Hasnt Brett Lee retired from test cricket, the highest form or where you in a coma when that happened? So wasnt his career curtailed? and of course India has become test number one without winning any matches at all. And our bolwers never got twenty wickets in any of those matches we won. How are our bolwers costing us matches? in fact we are winning much more than the speed demons in Pak who havent won an ODI or test series in 2009
brett lee is just considering a retirement .. no official statement yet .. ur post says he has retired from test cricket .. dont assume things and derails others with ur ignorance ..
brett lee is just considering a retirement .. no official statement yet .. ur post says he has retired from test cricket .. dont assume things and derails others with ur ignorance ..
So when was the last time he played tests? and how much chance do u think he has of a successful test career? As much as Sohaib Aktar!
Really pathetic comments from some of the posters here. How does OP's nationality matters in a discussion? Surprised to see Mods are tolerating this kind of name calling and personal attacks.
Mods are also tolerating Pakistani posters like yourself pretending to be Indians. So? You think we haven't sniffed you out, buddy?
So when was the last time he played tests? and how much chance do u think he has of a successful test career? As much as Sohaib Aktar!
tell me which line and length phaaast bowler from India had a sucessful test or ODI career... none of our trundlers averaged below 30... atleast BLee, Akhtar n Tait have an awesome average as an ODI bowler... stop giiving up excuses that we dont need an allout pace bowler...Yes, line and length is good but its time Indians need to give prefrence to pure pace as well...
tell me which line and length phaaast bowler from India had a sucessful test or ODI career... none of our trundlers averaged below 30... atleast BLee' date=' Akhtar n Tait have an awesome average as an ODI bowler... stop giiving up excuses that we dont need an allout pace bowler...Yes, line and length is good but its time Indians need to give prefrence to pure pace as well...[/quote'] Is Zaheer a line & length bowler? Kapil Dev bowled 5kph slower than Imran or Hadlee. Was he successful? Yes or not? Your inconsistency is shown up by your crude attempt to deride our bowlers because they average>30, and then in the very same breath, you gee up Brett Lee and Tait, who also average 30+ in Tests, by bringing in ODIs, which are totally irrelevant to the discussion. If you want to be taken seriously, keep your arguments straight, otherwise prepare to be taken apart.

Part of the reason is attitude and part of the reason is lack of skills. Express pace bowlers are generally strike bowlers. They won't be bowling like 15 overs on the trot. They will bowl 6 or 7 overs and get a couple of wickets. They will give everything in that 6 or 7 over spell. Sometime they might get more than 1 or 2. They will get those wickets by hook or crook. They will make their presence felt with high class variation. Not just speed is enough. Accuracy, variation of length, line, pace lot of factors are involved. It is an art. Ishant was bowling at 145k in Australia.Even touched 150k once. But how many wickets he took? He just beat the bat. You gotta make those overs count. Biggest motivation to sustain yourself as a fast bowler is your wicket taking ability. Irfan pathan in his very second test bowled like 45 overs in an innings. That is insane.Obviously you will reduce your pace if you bowl that many overs.

Part of the reason is attitude and part of the reason is lack of skills. Express pace bowlers are generally strike bowlers. They won't be bowling like 15 overs on the trot. They will bowl 6 or 7 overs and get a couple of wickets. They will give everything in that 6 or 7 over spell. Sometime they might get more than 1 or 2. They will get those wickets by hook or crook. They will make their presence felt with high class variation. Not just speed is enough. Accuracy' date=' variation of length, line, pace lot of factors are involved. It is an art. Ishant was bowling at 145k in Australia.Even touched 150k once. But how many wickets he took? He just beat the bat. You gotta make those overs count. Biggest motivation to sustain yourself as a fast bowler is your wicket taking ability. Irfan pathan in his very second test bowled like 45 overs in an innings. That is insane.Obviously you will reduce your pace if you bowl that many overs.[/quote'] Yup, the one thing I can't stand is no name posters coming on this website and taking out their frustrations for their own years of underachievement and trying to offload their inferiority complex by scoffing at our bowlers because they don't live up to their fantasy filled expectations.
Is Zaheer a line & length bowler? Kapil Dev bowled 5kph slower than Imran or Hadlee. Was he successful? Yes or not? Your inconsistency is shown up by your crude attempt to deride our bowlers because they average>30, and then in the very same breath, you gee up Brett Lee and Tait, who also average 30+ in Tests, by bringing in ODIs, which are totally irrelevant to the discussion. If you want to be taken seriously, keep your arguments straight, otherwise prepare to be taken apart.
Kapil wasnt slower than Hadlee.Hadleee was only fast in 1st cpl of years later he became a fast medium bowler.Imran was also only 140ish no way express.It is all about skills not pace.If you can bowl outswing inswing seam the ball around ,reverse swing it both ways have a good slower ball and an effective enough bouncer(pace is not the only thing in a bouncer).You will end up being a good bowler,even great.It is our padosis chidimaar attitude,they can only think of brawn and have no brains...and ultimately they fail.
Yup' date=' the one thing I can't stand is no name posters coming on this website and taking out their frustrations for their own years of underachievement and trying to offload their inferiority complex by scoffing at our bowlers because they don't live up to their fantasy filled expectations.[/quote'] if you are living in a state of denial .. no one cares for u .. we know the state of our bowlers atleast on these subcontinent pitches .. afterall they have to bowl more here .. and keep ur statements labelling everyone who comments otherwise as a neighbour or not an indian .. stop acting like a kid ..
if you are living in a state of denial .. no one cares for u .. we know the state of our bowlers atleast on these subcontinent pitches .. afterall they have to bowl more here .. and keep ur statements labelling everyone who comments otherwise as a neighbour or not an indian .. stop acting like a kid ..
Nope, it's you who have a deep rooted inferiority complex. Remember, you started a thread on how we were going to get hammered this decade even as England strangled SA and Australia were on the verge of defeat to Pakistan? You are deeply insecure and need to relax, develop some self worth. You support the best side in the world. Be proud of it instead of coming across as an apologetic alm-seeker in rags.
Nope, it's you who have a deep rooted inferiority complex. Remember, you started a thread on how we were going to get hammered this decade even as England strangled SA and Australia were on the verge of defeat to Pakistan? You are deeply insecure and need to relax, develop some self worth. You support the best side in the world. Be proud of it instead of coming across as an apologetic alm-seeker in rags.
if u are talking about this thread .. u better read the contents before going by the title .. i never referred to as we will be hammered and stuff .. have some patience little boy .. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=200774 ok coming to the inferiority complex , i am the one who is always positive in the match threads irrespective of situation .. i dont support the best side in the world .. the best side is lucky to have fans like me .. everyone has his own opinion to express on the forum . if u dont like it , dont comment .. u come across as a whining and pointing fingers at others guy but i may be wrong .. could just be that u r having a bad day and letting out some frustration .. once again :hello: nice meeting u ..

Going back to the topic... (:wall:) Leaving aside guys like akhtar and Lee who are out and out pacers, how do our fast medium guys compare with similar bowlers from other countries: the Siddles and Andersons of the world. Roughly the same pace Id have thinked. Itd be nice TO have an out and out pacer, to unsettle batsman. Someone who can come in and bowl short quick bursts. Also didnt the BCCI open a National Cricket Academy which can do the role that MRF used to. I dont mind the MRF foundation not being around, it was a private org wasnt it? Used to aid bowlers from any nationality. I remember when Eng were touring a few years ago Simon Jones cam over and spent a few weeks at the MRF foundation to learn how to reverse swing it (he was injured ultimately and did not play at all), that shouldnt be allowed.