IPL Auction 2010 / 19th Jan

Malcolm Merlyn

Mumbai Indians should look forward to take some good bowlers as if they think of dropping Zak to rest him, we need some good fast bowlers who can bowl well.I think a Wayne Parnell can be a handy one, another option availible is Shakib al Hasan, this guy has impressed one and all with his brilliant bowling in the last 6 months.He seems to have a really clever mind while bowling.He bowls well and will be a good option in T20s + he is a handy and innovative batsman. Talking about the Hot Pick, i know there is a lot of discussion about pollard, wow he is an amazing striker of the ball, but smehow i think the hype that is around him, i think he will fail.Not saying that he will perform badly or he is a uselesss player, but the expectation level being too high, the performance below the raised bar would deemed to be an ordinary one, thats why i think Mumbai Indians should not look to pick pollard and instead try and search for his weakness and work on that. Talking about the middle order, i think its still formidable with JP Duminy and Dwayne Bravo and also Abhishek Nayar.I think the only thing that Mumbai will wnt is a good middle over batter and a good middle over bowler and for that Shakib is the best.Other thing is that, if they are dropping Zak, Wayne Parnell or even Shane Bond will be an ideal choice

I get a feeling Lendl Simmons will be the best buy. He will be up for grab at a low price' date=' more importantly he gives you 100% whenever given a chance.[/quote'] Even a Nathan Mcullum can surprise everyone with his striking ability and his variations wit hthe ball.Seems a good T20 player to me.

Yes.Murray Goodwin' date=' Justin Kemp, Imran Nazir, Abdul Razzaq, Lou Vincent can be good picks in T20s as well[/quote'] Of them only Razzaq would be a regular first team player. In fact if any of the Indian teams have any common sense they'd be willing to dish out quite a lot for Razzaq. Nazir might struggle to make most teams as he's not a big scorer even if he is a brutal hitter. Kemp is close to nothing now, Vincent and Goodwin would only make the bench. I know there are a few Indians who don't like the idea of Pakistans playing in the IPL, but Pakistanis are hands down the best in the format so it would serve then Indians well to play them.

Whenever i say such names i back them with stats Murray Goodwin Lou Vincent You said these two will warm benches ? Look at their strike rates and also their average which in context of T20s are pretty good.I think Nazir can be a big Flop as he is nothing but a hard hitter, but i remember him playing a good knock against us in the finals of T20 WC in 2007.So i think he can bat well and take the bowling apart. IMO Murray Goodwin is a fabulous player to watch in T20s a mixture of innovation with some classique and finese.He is a craftsman and is also a good finisher.He has played some great knocks in county championships for Sussex.

The IPL's most wanted Shahid Afridi He was part of the disaster that was the Deccan Chargers' first season, missed the triumphant second season and in between was involved in a verbal spat with VVS Laxman, the franchise's first captain. That, though, shouldn't prevent him from being among the most in-demand players on Tuesday - not after his Man-of-the-Match performances in the semi-final and final of last year's World Twenty20 that showcased a maturity to go with his manic hitting and potent legspin. Kieron Pollard An electric 18-ball 54 for Trinidad & Tobago against New South Wales in the Champions League last year catapulted him to Twenty20 stardom. Throw in the steady medium-pace, acrobatic fielding and the made-for-IPL love of bling and there should be a hefty contract in hand come Tuesday. That will only follow the lead set by South Australia and Somerset, both of whom secured his Twenty20 services in the past three months. Shane Bond After a couple of seasons with the ICL, he is back in the mainstream and has shown he remains as dangerous as ever. He can still crank up the pace, the yorkers continue to seek out batsmen's toes, and he can fall back on bouncers and slower deliveries for variety. His retirement from Tests also means that he will only be missing a few days of the IPL, unlike his compatriots, who will out for around three weeks. Umar Gul His ability to deliver yorkers on demand and his supreme control over reverse-swing make him perhaps the world's finest Twenty20 bowler - and he comes minus the baggage of controversy or disciplinary problems. Like his national team-mates, he will be available for the entire season. Not yet convinced? His career Twenty20 stats read: 46 matches, 78 wickets, economy-rate 6.44, average 13.82, strike-rate 12.8, six four-wicket hauls. The case rests. Mohammad Aamer His ice-in-the-veins opening over during the final of the 2009 World Twenty20 - dismissing Man-of-the-Tournament Tillakaratne Dilshan for a five-ball duck after bombarding him with short deliveries - showed off this 17-year-old's unflappable temperament. Add to that the raw pace (capable of touching 150kmph), a sharp bouncer and promising lower-order batting. What's not to like? Eoin Morgan The dark horse. Fearless and inventive are the two most common adjectives to describe his strokeplay but he isn't all power-hitting - he has a bewildering array of sweeps and reverse-sweeps that spring from the teenage years spent playing the traditional Irish sport of hurling, making it hard to stop him scoring. He has galvanised the England middle-order with his combination of muscle and finesse, and grown into a brilliant finisher of innings. Message to IPL franchises: watch his 34-ball 67 in the ICC Champions Trophy and 45-ball 85 in a Twenty20 against South Africa two months ago. Umar Akmal Just six months into his international career, he is already being spoken of as the future of Pakistani batting. On his Test debut in the unfamiliar conditions of New Zealand, he showed the versatility of his batting: blasting an all-guns-blazing 129 after a top-order failure in the first innings, before a composed 75 in the second nearly pulled off a stiff chase. An aggressive batsman by nature, the Twenty20 format will be to his liking. Shakib Al Hasan Eyebrows were raised when he didn't land a contract last season but, after a year of relentlessly collecting runs and wickets, he should feature in this edition of the IPL. His left-arm spin has improved tremendously over the years, and he is now the batting mainstay for his country. Plus, he is Bangladesh cricket's biggest star at the moment, which means signing up Shakib will provide his franchise access to a massive fanbase. List of players with base price * 250,000$ Shahid Afridi, Brad Haddin, Graeme Swann * 200,000$ Kieron Pollard, Eoin Morgan, Wayne Parnell, Doug Bollinger, Sohail Tanvir, Mark Ramprakash * 100,000$ Shane Bond, Mohammad Kaif, Kemar Roach, Umar Akmal, Shakib Al Hasan, Tim Bresnan, Daren Ganga, Justin Kemp, Nuwan Kulasekara, Wavell Hinds, Kamran Akmal, Phillip Hughes, Damien Martyn, Imran Nazir, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Chamara Silva, Lendl Simmons, Upul Tharanga, Jonathan Trott, Sulieman Benn, Grant Elliott, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Misbah-ul-Haq * 50,000$ Tyron Henderson, Rory Kleinveldt, Jason Krejza, Nathan McCullum, Thissara Perera, Johan van der Wath, Rizwan Cheema, Zander de Bruyn, Chinthaka Jayasinghe, Graham Manou, Anthony McGrath, Vernon Philander, Morne van Wyk, Adam Voges, Nuwan Zoysa, Yusuf Abdulla, Clint McKay, Monty Panesar, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Chanaka Welegedara, Darren Bravo, Murray Goodwin, Thilina Kandamby, Robert Key, Luke Pomersbach, Vaughn van Jaarsveld, Lou Vincent * 20,000$ Ashley Noffke, Ryan ten Doeschate, Ben Laughlin, Kaushalya Weeraratne

Guest DeveGowda
i am really leary about selecting paki players.i would go with pollard but he wont come cheap.Eoin morgan and Shane bond(if healthy)are an opton.
Ill think same these 2 ae good option..also Sakib,Vander wath or Parnell would be great buys.. But if anyhting goes per IPL 1 action we will get Sulaimann benn and damien martyn with Monty @ a discount around $5000 i think :hysterical: *Funny thing is Tyron henderson whoc is bought by Royals last year for $650,000 now in Bidding for $50,000 ..he is leading wicket taker in 20/20..he may alss a good buy for that price..we can open him against Royals...(His shirt no will be 15 = 650/50) :haha: *** Did anyone knows which team have Open positions for theses foreign playesrs ? mainly BRC

If Umar Gul is for sale' date=' I think he shouold be the most expensive player and the one who is bid for the highest. How can the best T20 bowler be in the $100,00 bracket is less able players in the higher brackets.[/quote'] IPL picks/salaries are not based on performance only. The player has to have mass appeal and PR plays a big role.

Guest DeveGowda

Pollards Bid is raising ..Only RCB is not shown interest till Now..Stupids .. We dont want Monty , ram prakash or Sulaimann :giggle:..common guys