India Quiz

Gambit

Every week, I'll try and put together a quiz for all you Indophiles. Please be honest and don't google. This week's quiz

1. What is the capital of Mizoram? 2. The Jim Corbett National Park is located in which state? 3. What is ISRO and where are its headquarters(city)? 4. Who was the king of Kashmir when India got independence? 5. Is the Kerela coast along the Arabian Sea or the Bay of Bengal? 6. The two oldest universities of the world were in India(at that time). One of them is in Pakistan now and the other is in India. Name them. 7. What was the capital city of the Indian region colonised by the French pre-independence? 8. Name the largest Indian lake. 9. In which state is the Konark/Sun Temple located? 10. Where was Mahatama Gandhi born? (city) 11. Which Indian sportsperson defeated Fernando Meligeni to win an Olympic medal? 12. Who was Humayun's son? 13. Which Indian sportsperson is this? guess.gif 14. In which year did India become a republic? 15. Which Indian writer created the fictional town of Malgudi?

Re: India Quiz 1. Aizwal 2. Gujarat 3. Indian Space Research Organization. Sriharikota 4. Maharaja Hari Singh 5. Arabian Sea 6. Pakistan-Takshasila. India- Nalanda 7. Pondicherry 8. Chilka 9. Orissa 10. Porbandar 11. 12. Akbar 13. Dhyan Chand 14. 1950 15. RK Narayan

Guest dada_rocks

Re: India Quiz

Every week, I'll try and put together a quiz for all you Indophiles. Please be honest and don't google. This week's quiz
1. What is the capital of Mizoram? Aizawl 2. The Jim Corbett National Park is located in which state? Earlier central province then in uttar pradersh today in Uttranachal 3. What is ISRO and where are its headquarters(city)? Indian Space researcg organization, Bangalore 4. Who was the king of Kashmir when India got independence? MAharaja hari Singh 5. Is the Kerela coast along the Arabian Sea or the Bay of Bengal? Arabian Sea 6. The two oldest universities of the world were in India(at that time). One of them is in Pakistan now and the other is in India. Name them. Nalanda (destroyed by bakhtiyar Khilji and as per folklore its library was so huge that it kept on burning for an year or so) and Taxila 7. What was the capital city of the Indian region colonised by the French pre-independence? Pondichery ( guess work) 8. Name the largest Indian lake. Chilka (orissa) 9. In which state is the Konark/Sun Temple located? Orissa and shame on you Doc :-) for getting this wrong I had written a full treatise on what this temple celbrates and who got it constructed just a week back right here .) Other famous sun temples in the world Ankorwat Kambodia and remains of quite a few left in egypt these are of pharao's time 10. Where was Mahatama Gandhi born? (city) Porbandar 11. Which Indian sportsperson defeated Fernando Meligeni to win an Olympic medal? Leander Paes ( guess work) 12. Who was Humayun's son? Akbar 13. Which Indian sportsperson is this? guess.gif Dhyanchand 14. In which year did India become a republic? 26 January 1950 15. Which Indian writer created the fictional town of Malgudi?
R K Narayan Malgudi days

Re: India Quiz 1. What is the capital of Mizoram? nope 2. The Jim Corbett National Park is located in which state?nope 3. What is ISRO and where are its headquarters(city)?Indian Space Research Org,Bangalore 4. Who was the king of Kashmir when India got independence?nope 5. Is the Kerela coast along the Arabian Sea or the Bay of Bengal?Arabian Sea 6. The two oldest universities of the world were in India(at that time). One of them is in Pakistan now and the other is in India. Name them.Takshila,Nalanda 7. What was the capital city of the Indian region colonised by the French pre-independence?Pondicherry 8. Name the largest Indian lake.nope 9. In which state is the Konark/Sun Temple located?Orissa 10. Where was Mahatama Gandhi born? (city)Porbandar 11. Which Indian sportsperson defeated Fernando Meligeni to win an Olympic medal?nope 12. Who was Humayun's son?Akbar 13. Which Indian sportsperson is this?Dhyanchand 14. In which year did India become a republic? 1950 15. Which Indian writer created the fictional town of Malgudi? RK Narayan

Guest dada_rocks

Always dry' date=' Boss! Never touched a drop of C2H5OH since 3rd year of Medical school.[/quote'] one of these days gusse mein CH3OH na try kar lena janaab :mad:

Re: India Quiz 1. What is the capital of Mizoram? - Aizawal 2. The Jim Corbett National Park is located in which state? - Uttar Pradesh 3. What is ISRO and where are its headquarters(city)? Indian Speace research organisation, Bangalore 4. Who was the king of Kashmir when India got independence? jai singh?? 5. Is the Kerela coast along the Arabian Sea or the Bay of Bengal? Arabian sea 6. The two oldest universities of the world were in India(at that time). One of them is in Pakistan now and the other is in India. Name them. Taxila and Nalanda 7. What was the capital city of the Indian region colonised by the French pre-independence? - Pondicherry 8. Name the largest Indian lake. - Sambhar lake 9. In which state is the Konark/Sun Temple located? - Orissa?? 10. Where was Mahatama Gandhi born? (city) - Porbhandar 11. Which Indian sportsperson defeated Fernando Meligeni to win an Olympic medal? - Milkha singh or tht archer, i dont remember 12. Who was Humayun's son? - Akbar 13. Which Indian sportsperson is this? - Polly Umrigar?? 14. In which year did India become a republic? - 1950 15. Which Indian writer created the fictional town of Malgudi? - RK Narayanan Under "No Google" Oath.

1. What is the capital of Mizoram?---------Aizawl 2. The Jim Corbett National Park is located in which state?Uttranchal 3. What is ISRO and where are its headquarters(city)? Indian space research organisation........Bangaluru 4. Who was the king of Kashmir when India got independence?Jai singh ....father of karan singh ...i think 5. Is the Kerela coast along the Arabian Sea or the Bay of Bengal?....Kerela...arabian sea 6. The two oldest universities of the world were in India(at that time). One of them is in Pakistan now and the other is in India. Name them....1).nalanda....taxila 7. What was the capital city of the Indian region colonised by the French pre-independence?.....pondicherry 8. Name the largest Indian lake......chilka?????????? 9. In which state is the Konark/Sun Temple located?.....orissa 10. Where was Mahatama Gandhi born? (city).....porbandar 11. Which Indian sportsperson defeated Fernando Meligeni to win an Olympic medal?..............don't know 12. Who was Humayun's son?......akbar 13. Which Indian sportsperson is this? guess.gif..........dhyan chand 14. In which year did India become a republic?.........1950 15. Which Indian writer created the fictional town of Malgudi?..RK Narayan

Re: India Quiz I know jacksh*t about India, but i'll still have a go at it - just for kicks 1. Imphal ? 2. West Bengal ? 3. Bangalore ? 4. Maharajah Hari Singh !! I've read Freedom at Midnight. 5. Bay of Bengal of course 6. Taxila in Pakistan. Indraprastha in India ? man, i suck at this 7. Pondicherry, sounds francais 8. Errr...the Yamuna ?!?! hahaha, i think i'll pass m8 9. Tamil Nadu ? 10. Ahmedabad 11. Leander Paes, no doubt about it. Atlanta '96 12. Akbar ? 13. Dhyan Chand the hockey wizard 14. 1936 15. pass ! :hic: