With friends like this: Umar Akmal and Miandad - Miandad urges sacking of Akmal brothers

dr_tooley

This is an article from Pakistani paper Dawn http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/sport/13+miandad-urges-sacking-of-akmal-brothers-810-za-03 HOBART: Pakistan’s drama-charged cricket Test series against Australia is ending in political blood-letting. Test great Javed Miandad has called for the heads of controversial brothers Kamran and Umar Akmal, saying they should be sacked immediately for ruining the image of Pakistan cricket. The former Test captain is also seeking a more hands-on role in the running of Pakistan cricket amid claims from former stars that coach Intikhab Alam has failed the squad during its shambolic tour of Australia. The Pakistan management has already issued a please explain to the Akmal siblings after being unimpressed with their public statements before the third Test against Australia. The comments included a defiant Kamran repeatedly insisting he would play in Hobart — despite Sarfraz Ahmed being sent to Australia to replace him — and younger brother Umar publicly ruling himself out without informing team hierarchy of a possible back injury. A veteran of 124 Tests, Miandad said the Akmal brothers must pay the ultimate price for behaviour he said had dragged Pakistan cricket through the mud. “If I had the authority, I would have sacked all those players who regularly violated the clauses of their central contracts by giving unnecessary statements [to the media],†Miandad said in the Pakistan media. “That is only damaging the image of Pakistan cricket. If I had my way I would drop them from the team and select new players because this team is not winning us any matches in Australia.†Miandad, who is the director general of the Pakistan Cricket Board, wants more input on team matters after questioning the support being provided by Intikhab and coaching assistants Waqar Younis and Aaqib Javed. “I am very much disturbed by the way the PCB is managing its business, mishandling simple operational affairs and also the manner in which our team lost in Australia,†he said. “We just made a mockery of our team against the Australians and even the hosts were amazed by their own improbable victory in Sydney [in the second Test].†As the Akmal brothers came under fire, former Test opener Qasim Omar and pace bowling legend Wasim Akram claimed the coaching unit was devoid of ideas. No wonder the Pakis are in the state they are. With friends like these who needs enemies?

Something I suggested a week ago. Of course there were some comments about that being a "rumor". It is funny how these people refuse to believe anything extraordinary about their team. If PCB can make me their administrative consultant -- watch them win games and rise to Number 1 in 1 year:winky:

Man, after all the lulz provided by Bangla Boyzzz and poyzzz over IPL issue, this seems pretty tame in comparison...the usual politicking, infighting, bickering from the worst behaved set of cricketers in the world...it is so normal that that it would be a surprise if there wasn't some statement from an ex-player for a change