4. J P Duminy
  5. Dwayne Bravo
  6. Keiron Pollard
  7. Abhishek Nayar
  8. Chandan Madan (wk)
  9. Harbhajan Singh
  10. Zaheer Khan
  11. Dhawal Kulkarni

Batting looks good, Kulkarni made 87 recently in the Ranji finals. Bowling is decent: Zak, Kulkarni, Bravo, Nayar, Pollard and Sanath, Duminy, Bhajji for the spinning options.

We have the following people on the bench: Overseas players: Malinga Fernando - hope he is not picked, bowls too many no-balls Luke Ronchi - he was not all that great last season Kyle Mills - injured - ruled out of IPL Mohammad Ashraful - lol free ride for him Graham Napier - ditto Ryan Mc Laren - won't get a game Desi: Ajinkya Rahane Saurabh Tiwary - Avg 53 in FC Rohan Raje - pretty useless Pinal Shah - meh Jaydev Shah - papa's influence and gujju connection Chetanya Nanda - looks like that actor from RDB, bowled alright last season Raheel Shaikh - pretty useless Jude Singh - :dontknow: Takawale Harshal Patel

Gujarat pacer Harshal Patel thrilled to be in Sachin's team

The emerging pacer from Gujarat, Harshal Patel, will play for Mumbai Indians in the forthcoming Indian Premier League 3. Mumbai Indians owner Nita Ambani got Harshal at the auction held in Mumbai on Tuesday, and ‘bought’ him for her team. Harshal, who will be richer by Rs8 lakh, is the first Gujarat Cricket Association player to join the Mumbai Indians. Baroda captain Pinal Shah and Saurashtra captain Jaydev Shah are also part of the Ambani-owned team. Currently, Harshal is playing for India in the ongoing Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand. The 18-year-old couldn’t believe his ears when he learnt that he had been purchased by the team which will be led by Sachin Tendulkar. He wouldn’t believe the news until his first coach, Tarak Trivedi, assured him that it was true. “He was so overwhelmed that he was speechless,” said Trivedi. Trivedi said Harshal aims to overcome all his technical faults by playing with Tendulkar. “Playing alongside Tendulkar is a dream of all cricketers,” said Trivedi. “Harshal will soon be doing that. He is looking forward to learning the tricks of the trade from the Master, which is good for his career.” It won’t be easy for Harshal to cruise into the playing eleven as there are heavyweights like Zaheer Khan, Dilhara Fernando, Dwayne Bravo and Dhaval Kulkarni ahead of him. However, it will definitely help him grow as a cricketer. “Harshal will become a mature cricketer,” said Saurashtra captain Jaydev Shah. “Sachin’s guidance will make him a thinking cricketer, and he will benefit from this in future matches.” Harshal made a name for himself in junior cricket with his deadly out-swingers. It all started when the right-arm seamer, representing Gujarat in under-19 Vinoo Mankad trophy, picked up 23 wickets at less than 12 runs a piece. Subsequently, he was named for Gujarat’s one-day squad where he picked up four wickets in as many outings. Harshal’s story seems straight out of films. The lanky pacer, who was born in Sanand, stayed back when his parents decided to move to the US. “Everyone was surprised by Harshal’s decision when he decided to stay in India instead of going to the US,” said Trivedi, the youngster’s coach. “I was aware of Harshal’s capabilities so I asked his father to wait for a couple of years.”
Source MI turning into Gujju haven - thanks to Ambanis? did anyone see this Patel in action in the U19 matches? What's your take?

God wanted Pollard. He got it.

Ambani wrote an amount slightly higher than Rs 6.5 crore (approximately $1.75m) which saw her pip rivals N Srinivasan (Chennai Super Kings) and Vijay Mallya (Royal Challengers). The idea, it seemed, was to keep in mind that the Kings and the Challengers would be missing out on the services of their costliest players this season - Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen - and so they would utilize that money to buy another player. Mumbai Indians may have caught a whiff of it (considering that Chennai and Bangalore would have to pay Flintoff and KP only 10% of their cost price of $1.5m) and thus quoted a figure slightly higher than $1.5m. Pollard was theirs. "The team strategy, discussed between Sachin Tendulkar, TA Sekar and Robin Singh was that we wanted a batting allrounder and we are happy to have him," Nita Ambani said after the successful bid. Pollard technically emerged the costliest player of the IPL, as the money spent on him totals up to a mindboggling $1.75m. Ironically, according to the auction rules, the Trinindadian will only get $750,000. The rest of the amount ($1.55m) will go into the IPL kitty.

Chandan Madan for wicketkeeper?

Chandan Madan, the Punjab wicketkeeper-batsman, has been rewarded with an IPL contract with the Mumbai Indians after his Man-of-the-Series performance in the recent BCCI Corporate Trophy. Madan, 26, opened the batting for Air India Blue and was instrumental in taking them to the finals, making two half-centuries and a 114 in his three innings to top the tournament scoring chart. "I am really excited to be in the same team which has great players like Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasurya," Madan told the Indian Express. "The Corporate tournament was such a big platform for a cricketer like me. It featured big names and even the national selectors were watching the players." Madan has had a stop-start first-class career with Punjab, playing only 13 matches despite making his debut in 2003. "I owe my success to Bhajji paaji [Harbhajan Singh, who captained Air India Blue] who asked me to believe in my abilities and play my natural game," he said. "The IPL contract is the icing on the cake for me." Another big-hitting wicketkeeper-batsman, Indian captain MS Dhoni, was among Madan's team-mates in the Corporate Trophy. "Dhoni said I was hitting the ball well and he praised my batting," Madan said. "Coming from the Indian skipper, someone who is himself a big hitter, it will give me confidence to look ahead."
OMG IS THIS THE CHANDAN FROM ICF? just kidding, i know our chandan is a female

All news/discussions related to :mi: Post your starting line up. Mine:
  1. Sachin
  2. Sanath
  3. Shikhar Dhawan
  4. Duminy
  5. Bravo
  6. Pollard
  7. Nayar
  8. Takawale
  9. Bhajji
  10. Zak
  11. Kulkarni

Batting looks good, Kulkarni made 87 recently in the Ranji finals. Bowling is decent: Zak, Kulkarni, Bravo, Nayar, Pollard and Sanath, Duminy, Bhajji for the spinning options.

Wicketkeeper kahan hai :hmmmm:

Online, how can you not have Malinga who is a very good at death bowling ? Surya bulb should not be dragged along anymore. His inclusion in IPL II was one of the reason for poor performance. He does jack all now.

Online' date=' how can you not have Malinga who is a very good at death bowling ? Surya bulb should not be dragged along anymore. His inclusion in IPL II was one of the reason for poor performance. He does jack all now.[/quote'] sure, we can swap Malinga for Jayasuriya... Surya bulb's bowling is good too - hence added him Also forget Pinal Shah, lets go for Chandan Madan